New Kholer Synthetic oil for Kohler engine in B27i

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / New Kholer Synthetic oil for Kohler engine in B27i
Dang factory defect. Stress cracks from stamping the cup, they literally stretched the metal too much then they heavily painted over it. The paint held until the oil got up to operating temp. It happened right the oil change and no way my hand would have crack the filter cup. That could have been one heck of an expensive engine replacement.

Thanks to using Moly additive I was able to save the engine as the post should have read nearly "lost" the engine. My oil pressure was down to 20 psi going down the road after replacing the missing oil and bad filter. I had thought I blew a rear main seal but the UV dye traced the problem to the filter. Now the Moly has restored my pressure back to 50-60 psi going the road using 5w30 semi synthetic oil.

And no I am not running Slick 50. At the time I was using the 10W30 conventional oil the manual called for. Currently running Triax 5W30 API GF-5/SN, Synthetic Blend but it due for an oil change at 330K which just it passed. The problem is now that the Triax 5w30 isn't listed anymore on Amazon and I would need to switch 5W40 Full synthetic to keep the Moly additive.but $115 is not bad for 5 gallons.
this the triax you were looking for? https://www.amazon.com/Triax-Synergy-Synthetic-Compatible-EcoBoost/dp/B07YK1J3DG

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dang factory defect. Stress cracks from stamping the cup, they literally stretched the metal too much then they heavily painted over it. The paint held until the oil got up to operating temp. It happened right the oil change and no way my hand would have crack the filter cup. That could have been one heck of an expensive engine replacement.

Thanks to using Moly additive I was able to save the engine as the post should have read nearly "lost" the engine. My oil pressure was down to 20 psi going down the road after replacing the missing oil and bad filter. I had thought I blew a rear main seal but the UV dye traced the problem to the filter. Now the Moly has restored my pressure back to 50-60 psi going the road using 5w30 semi synthetic oil.

And no I am not running Slick 50. At the time I was using the 10W30 conventional oil the manual called for. Currently running Triax 5W30 API GF-5/SN, Synthetic Blend but it due for an oil change at 330K which just it passed. The problem is now that the Triax 5w30 isn't listed anymore on Amazon and I would need to switch 5W40 Full synthetic to keep the Moly additive.but $115 is not bad for 5 gallons.
Dog, you don't need all that fancy mega star extreme ultra grade oil mess. Just go to wallys and get some Supertech 10w-30 in that old hooptie. LOL Probably shouldn't be running that molly mess in a cat convert engine anyway. Let me guess, the cat/s are removed?

slomo

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Dog, you don't need all that fancy mega star extreme ultra grade oil mess. Just go to wallys and get some Supertech 10w-30 in that old hooptie. LOL Probably shouldn't be running that molly mess in a cat convert engine anyway. Let me guess, the cat/s are removed?

slomo
Hell no the catalytic convertor isn't removed. And I have been running the Moly in the engine since 2015 in that 2000 Chevy Silverado S1500. Considering I brought the PU when it had 180K and now has 320+K now I don't think it going to cause a problem.

And as for Walmart I haven't brought a single thing from them in over a year other than my birdseed after they refused to my business sales tax exemption certificate. Kroger is getting all the groceries sales and Amazon is getting most of the rest of my business that would gone to Walmart. I know my $5K in yearly purchases doesn't matter much to them but it makes me feel better by sending it somewhere else.

Born2Mow

Threads
And a Wix/NAPA filter. Or a Purolator if you can get one.
Tractor Supply sells Purolator brand filters in my area. Their blue filters are higher rated than the ones colored red, but they are all top rated.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hell no the catalytic convertor isn't removed. And I have been running the Moly in the engine since 2015 in that 2000 Chevy Silverado S1500. Considering I brought the PU when it had 180K and now has 320+K now I don't think it going to cause a problem.

And as for Walmart I haven't brought a single thing from them in over a year other than my birdseed after they refused to my business sales tax exemption certificate. Kroger is getting all the groceries sales and Amazon is getting most of the rest of my business that would gone to Walmart. I know my $5K in yearly purchases doesn't matter much to them but it makes me feel better by sending it somewhere else.
I too hate wallymart. Only use them for motor oil. Can't beat cheapest price in town. Other than that, screw them. Most everything else is not a good deal anymore. They know it and raise their prices up. Other stores have similar or better pricing. Aldis Grocery here in OKC is AWESOME!!!

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tractor Supply sells Purolator brand filters in my area. Their blue filters are higher rated than the ones colored red, but they are all top rated.
Purolator makes a Tech version I think it's called. It's their workshop slash garage filter line. Says made in the USA, SHOCKED. I use them no problems. Couple bucks cheaper per filter. Better than any Fram.......

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads

Thought molly was removed because of cat converts. All the good anti-wear junk like zinc and such. Poor flat tappet cams......

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You guys not using Slick 50 are missing out. Don't even have to put any oil in the pan anymore. Sucker is so slick, when you turn the key off, the engine keeps running. At least another 80hp at the tire tread. LOL :giggle:

slomo

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is sad that the oil manufacturers don't know how to make good oil and people need to buy all of these magic oil additives to make their engine last. You would think there would be some type of organization that could test oil and see if it is good enough for a specific type of engine. It would be nice if they could put some kind of marking on the bottle showing what standards the oil met. But i guess we will just have to buy whatever oil and then buy some latest and greatest new and improved super duper oil additive to make it good enough. You would have thought that by now they could actually make oil good enough to not need to add stuff to it.
A little evening sarcasm to start an oil thread fight.??

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
It is sad that the oil manufacturers don't know how to make good oil and people need to buy all of these magic oil additives to make their engine last. You would think there would be some type of organization that could test oil and see if it is good enough for a specific type of engine. It would be nice if they could put some kind of marking on the bottle showing what standards the oil met. But i guess we will just have to buy whatever oil and then buy some latest and greatest new and improved super duper oil additive to make it good enough. You would have thought that by now they could actually make oil good enough to not need to add stuff to it.
A little evening sarcasm to start an oil thread fight.??