MTD Yardman Pulley Removal.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I dd not download what Star Tech linked to
You should have an L head ( side valve engine ) and briggs made one manual to cover them all from push mowers to ride ons and stationary engines as well.
Star Tech may not have included the entire manual in the link.
If you troll around the web it is all over the place but you need to look for L head .
Techs that work for accredited dealers or are themselves accredited have access to a lot of stuff that the great unwashed and freelance techs such as myself are not allowed to look at lest we all turn to salt ( stone if you are of a different faith ).
hard to believe but Australia has the worst internet & the most expensive internet on the planet thanks to a decision decades ago that competition in the telephone market would be a good thing ( it wasn't ) .
Thus uploading files to the forum costs me money as does downloading and with the Covid-19 isolation happening even a big email will time out .

hs5424

Threads
Thanks bertsmobile1,
I didn't know that the side valve engines were referred to as L head. I think I have all the information I need now that B&S sent me the valve clearance measurements. I am going to check the valve clearance and re seat them while I await the new piston and rings to arrive. I will keep you all posted on my progress. The grass is starting to grow now here in Ireland so I hope the parts arrive pretty soon. Internet in Ireland was pretty much the same as with you down under. For years there was only one state owned company supplying telecoms service in the entire country. I recent years other telecom companies were allowed to operate here and we all thought " great, competition in the market". The only problem was that all companies had to use the same run down infrastructure which delivered 1Mb if you were lucky. Fiber now being rolled out here but again the big telecom operators are not interested in the rural areas, only the cities and large towns where the number are. Follow the money trail.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep.
I am on a from.
The fiber cable runs right past my front door I watched them lay it but I can not connect to it nor can the other 30 properties on the hill or the 120 along the river.
We are being forced to use satelite . That was supposed to be for remote regions & I am 70 km from the Sydney GPO not exactly remote.
However the shinny suits are on BIG bonuses if they get the jb "finished" by July 1 2020 so every one who looked like they would not make the deadline got shot onto Skymuster which is so overloaded it can not not cope .
Then the morons had the ordasity to blame Netflicks for the problems because they upped the frame rate on their video streaming which apparently overloaded the "future proof" system .
Evn worse I have to pay for a 10 Gb connection and am yet to see 1 Gb

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I feel ya. All i can get is DSL and i can see the Spectrum cable from my house on a cross road. They say there is not enough people on my road to be profitable.
I have been toying with the idea to try and do a wireless link between my house and my church that is 2.5 miles away with business class high speed internet.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They are having exactly that problem right now.
People with fiber to the door are buying the top speed unlimited package then setting them selves up as a microwave node for a dozen or so friends.
If you get the right gear for the closed bridge and then run a virtual server on your machine it is hard for the telco to work out if you just have a lot of computers at home or are running a network.
To do this they have to actually track all of the sites that everyone visits then look at what is cashed on each & every computer which is against the privacy laws .

Now if a teco was thinking they would see this as the people demmanding a better service not as a user pirating their service .
The workshop here had a microwave link to the new house 1/2 mile away because the telco wanted $ 20,000 to hook the new house up with 5 poles from a side street .
Been like that for better than 10 years till a new tower went up so he went mobile web which while being more expensive per Kb it got rid of the land line rental .
I am trialing t right now and if I can migrate the 22 email addresses will do the same thing

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lately i have been doing a lot of setting farmers up with internet to their out buildings and barns. Wireless IP cameras are very popular with the low prices. I have been asked but i don't want to get involved with with people sharing their internet. Don't need my name mentioned if someone starts asking questions. I can do the church since i admin all the computers and the network. I am the IT guy for a few small companies but trying to get away from it. Just tired of trying to keep up on all the tech and Micro$uck BS. Money is good but too time consuming. Rather have a wrench in my hand than a mouse.

hs5424

Threads
Use Ubiquiti gear .
I have 12 friends working of mine at a distances up to 7 miles.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is what i use. I have a bunch of Loco M5 and M2 bridges at customer sites with flying saucer access points. I have some Unifi networks with customers too. Great stuff for the money. If you are point to multipoint setup what device are you using at your location?

hs5424

Threads
I have a rocket M5 plugged into a 120 degree panel. Customers local to me ( up to 1 mile ) use nano stations and ones further away use power beams. My rocket went faulty recently after 6 years.

Last edited: