Mice

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
house mice will go for peanut butter, cheese and a whole pile of things
Field mice will not go for this because peanuts are not part of their diet
For field mice I have found the best bait is fresh baked bread / scones / piklets etc
This is because their primary food is plant seeds
They will also go for some bird seed feeders , plain rolled oats , barley etc .

Threads
Hands down the easiest way to rid of on your property is a 5 gallon bucket with a flip trap lid, little peanut butter and couple inches of water. No poison needed. Simple google will find these available. I make my own with old campain signs, no more mices... this works better than a cat...Cheers, r

BTW, this also works good for Chipmunks, the little hole digging suckers I have grew very tired..

Absolutely the best trap. I use windshield washer fluid for the liquid in winter so it doesn’t freeze. Only type of trap that keeps catching without needing to be emptied.

TonyPrin

Threads
The main problem with mice is they chew through wires, creating huge problems. There are ways to keep mice from your equipment, but I don't differentiate between which places I prefer over others. Best to use bait. Look for one containing (in my preference order) brodifacoum, difethialone, or bromadiolone. Otherwise set traps, either snap or glue traps.

oldlawnguy

Threads
I've found the hard way up here in the U.S. Northeast; when you are getting ready to store the rider mower for the winter in the old shed:

1. after last use, make sure you leave the mower outside the shed with hood open and let the engine cool to *cold* again
2. then push the mower in the shed, after battery has been removed :)
3. line the shed with TOMCAT blocks

A nice warm engine after dark in a shed is surely tempting for a ?

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
This comes up on some car forums I frequent. Several things to try or in combinations;

Cat -uh- 'clumps' - from a litter box. put under/near the equipment. May need to refresh occasionally

Coyote urine. supposedly available from hunting supplies retailers?

Snake sheds. find someone that keeps snakes, or a pet store or zoo that may be able to get you a snake's shed skin. Move it around/refresh occasionally.

Rubber or inflatable snake, move it around too.

JJF1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please tell me how you keep mice out of your equipment. This is my Simplicity SS922 . No wonder why it was surging.View attachment 59363
You can try peppermint oil. Buy a small concentrate bottle and add a couple drops with water in a spray bottle and spay it now and then. I have had mice nests in my air cooled mower engine which overheated and led to blown head gaskets and push rods. Not good. Always check for nests before you run your eqp.