Mice

Mattmotors

Threads
Please tell me how you keep mice out of your equipment. This is my Simplicity SS922 . No wonder why it was surging.2.jpeg

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
tom-and-jerry-mouse.gif

And if that doesn't work, I would put bait boxes out with poison in them,. The only way to get rid of mice is to kill them and make sure there is minimal junk and clutter around.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
They have to get past the gauntlet here of about 40 chickens then I feed them the Tom Cat bait here. Now I do have few chickens that just likes to them and leave them laying.

Now I mine the mice so much as they are other people mowers. $$$$

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
In my case 3 barn cats and a dog that is starting to turn into a good mouser himself. Had a dog a few years back that would put any cat to shame when it came to mousing. He would make a trip around the yard every morning looking for mice in equipment and other things. I saw him grab 5 in his mouth at one time. Walked around with a tail sticking out the front, and two out each side of his mouth.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And note Illengine said BARN cats.
You get them as kittens and put them in the barn in a cage with some of your old worn underwear but left unwashed so they bond with you.
You need a big cage, I used a converted childs play pen I got from the salvage store for $ 5
After a week of being in the pen, it gets opened but the cat is locked up overnight & only fed in side the pen in the mornings .
Gradually let it out more then when it is bigger than a rat, leave it out all night.
Give it a short name like Cat, Bob, etc and call it every time you feed it so it gets used to coming when you call.
You can train cats , it just takes a lot longer & more effort than a dog.
I keep a dish with some small chunks of lamb's heart next to me when doing bench work & occasionally flick one onto the floor .
This trains the cat to find whatever you drop on the floor , much easier than getting on your hands & knees with a torch.
A trigger sprayer with about 0.5% citruis oil in it works the same for cats as a rolled newspaper for a dog so when it jumps up on the bench a quick squirt will send it away.

The other biggie is to pull the blower housing off everything .
Mice do not like open roof dwellings

Last edited:

RayMcD

Threads
Hands down the easiest way to rid of on your property is a 5 gallon bucket with a flip trap lid, little peanut butter and couple inches of water. No poison needed. Simple google will find these available. I make my own with old campain signs, no more mices... this works better than a cat...Cheers, r

BTW, this also works good for Chipmunks, the little hole digging suckers I have grew very tired..

Last edited:

XT1guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you poison them. make sure you don't let the cat get to them. (if you have a cat). Of course, when the Maccaw goes outside we get some rats. My solution is this,
1642710345729.png