Make or break features on a zero-turn?

mcspeed

Threads
Comfort, reliability and servicability. For example, bearings should be sealed, spindles with sleeves should have grease fittings. Belt changes should be simple and not require removal of a lot of other parts/components.

I disagree with the other comments on ROPs. I’m a believer in better safe than sorry. Accidents can happen so it’s a good idea to have the rollover protection. I always wear the seatbelt too. From a manufacturer standpoint, one would have to be ignorant to offer a ZT without one.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They were withdrawn from sale in the USA because USA home owners are idiots and kept on rolling them over by doing tight turns on slopes or at speed .
Because the wheels on the inside come closer together when doing tight turns .
The same mower is still being made in Europe
Apparently European mower drivers are substantially smarter than American ones
We got thousands of them sent to Australia at a big discounts because the Americans kept on rolling them over and this is after the US version which is longer , has a wider track and a bigger turning radius .
I have around 20 in my service run
Husqvarna Australia still sells them but only the larger commercial version not the residential
Got a friend who's daughter bought one complete with power sweeper .
She runs a van park & camping ground so uses it to cut grass & sweep the roads .
Stiga also do one which is a hoot to drive particularly the 4WD
The Stiga one is called the Park
You can probably order one from Canada

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Comfort, reliability and servicability. For example, bearings should be sealed, spindles with sleeves should have grease fittings. Belt changes should be simple and not require removal of a lot of other parts/components.

I disagree with the other comments on ROPs. I’m a believer in better safe than sorry. Accidents can happen so it’s a good idea to have the rollover protection. I always wear the seatbelt too. From a manufacturer standpoint, one would have to be ignorant to offer a ZT without one.
I got caught unawares the first one I drove with a ROP
It was a Great Dane Chariot and I took it for a test drive out front, went under a street sign on 2 posts and flipped the mower up about 6' before the back grounded & I tore the sign off the posts .