Magneto ground wire

navydad2022

Threads
That kill wire is grounding out, on something......... If you disconnect it, engine will drain the fuel tank right?

If you can't find it, replace it all.
Yes,

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
you are looking for ground where there should not be on so the clip goes on the battery + and you probe the wires
If the lamp lights up that is a fail if it stays out that is a pass

navydad2022

Threads
you are looking for ground where there should not be on so the clip goes on the battery + and you probe the wires
Thank you very much

navydad2022

Threads
I did a little probing,l replaced the solenoid just in case and l was probing the wire from magneto and disconnected from ground on side of engine and it lighted up along with the wires that connected from ignition switch,safety switch module,and Magento.Are those suppose to be lighted.still only hear magneto click and no starter.l am fixing to retest the starter.lf it turns from jumping it and it turns , what should I check next.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most of the time, maybe not yours, is the starter solenoid. It is the contact for the main amperage to turn the starter/engine over. It takes all the heat and such. When you replace a starter, you should replace the starter solenoid. Again his might not be your issue. Just talking out loud.

navydad2022

Threads
Most of the time, maybe not yours, is the starter solenoid. It is the contact for the main amperage to turn the starter/engine over. It takes all the heat and such. When you replace a starter, you should replace the starter solenoid. Again his might not be your issue. Just talking out loud.
I replaced the solenoid,is there a part inside the starter l can replace.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
looks like it has a fuse and an INTERLOCK MODULE, Briggs 7028606YP If all the other switches check out I would suspect the interlock module. Not sure how to or if you can check it.

navydad2022

Threads
I disconnected the kill wire to magneto and tested it and light came on the test lamp.what puzzles me is that l replaced solenoid just in case and hear click and nothing on starter.should l be connecting to negative on battery for testing.

navydad2022

Threads
looks like it has a fuse and an INTERLOCK MODULE, Briggs 7028606YP If all the other switches check out I would suspect the interlock module. Not sure how to or if you can check it.
I don't have a clue sorry

navydad2022

Threads
Thank you very much
Should l be probing the switches for test,l connected to post and touched the side of engine and it lights up same with magneto wire coming to grounding in side of engine.