Loose belt issue. Craftsman lt1000 model: 917275350

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
My lord this is an AYP/Husqvarna mower. Stanley B and D might have brought the name Craftsman but Husqvarna still provides the parts for this particular. Just got to have a good database that is update with the supersedes of the part numbers. Stanley B and D actually brought out MTD which is what OEM Craftsman was using on their last rider mowers.

Bert if you are looking at the Searspartsdirect site. A lot of the times they will list things NLA just because they have never updated their part numbers.

PN 193414 has been superseded a couple times. > 532193414 and 531148901 is the service kit.
1664453883110.png
PN 169022 has been superseded to 532169022
1664453918972.png
PN 532173442 has been supersede > 532141043 > 531165901
1664453687350.png

Even the following website which you can get the original part numbers which I still need to run through my database to get the current part numbers but the Sears site don't list have all the part numbers listed or at least they didn't this morning. They also list the parts as NLA but that is just because they don't have access to the Husqvarna parts.

https://www.partselect.com/Models/917275350/

And two problems I see is both the LH and RH belt guard (retainers) are too far from the spindle pulleys allowing the belt to fall off. And the current belt part is 532193214 superseded from 193214. These needs to less half of the belt thickness to keep the belts on.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Oh jeez so this is a huge problem, should I just buy another deck? Or try to get those parts u mentioned and modify them? I’m new to this so I’m not afraid to do some work to it but I’m a little lost on some of it. Now that makes sense cause most videos on YouTube with this craftsman the decks have a plastic guard over the pully and mine doesn’t so I was wondering why I never saw a deck that looked like mine on there. Do you have any suggestions in what I should do to get the belt to jusy stop getting caught an breaking. Maybe a smaller belt or try those parts u mentioned? I don’t need it to be a show piece I just wanna cut my grass haha. Thanks !
Not a big problem once you work out what Husqvarna it is
People take the pulley guards off because it makes changing the belts & cleaning the deck easier
Then they get lost / broken
Most are just covers & do nothing however on some decks they also double as belt keepers , but not on yours .
Unfortunatley the ID tag does not have a DOM on it and I do not have a decoder for the serial number
However we are not done yet
Using another part, in this case the stiffener plate # 108 in the diagram and searching it's Craftsaman number ( google is fine for this ) brings up it;s Husqvarna equivalent , part no 532133503
Dropping that into Parts Tree .com reveals that the same plate was used on a lot of mowers so from then on it is just a matter of clicking on a couple of them till yo see a deck that looks like yours
In this case I used

PB 145G38 (960120128-00) - Poulan Pro Lawn Tractor (2013-09)​

Because I can get Poulan parts books
And then looking up the belt keeper & spring I find that
Poulan 532193414 belt keeper is listed at $ 5.85 but has to be ordered in
plus
Poulan 532169022 Idler return spring is listed at $ 4.99 and they have 20 in stock

Unlike Star I do not have an up to date data base & the time it would take me to create one is more than my total working hours
But in any case there are work arounds as you can see.
Order the spring & the retainer and see how that goes for starters
It is a bit hard to tell from the parts diagram but the keeper is positioned so when the deck is engaged, it sits in the middle of the belt / pulley contact zone .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bert, Poulan is owned by Husqvarna and Husqvarna uses the same part numbers.

As for having an updated list it is what my distributors provides me as price files with supersedes which I load into Adminsoft Auto Manager / Accounting software I use here. Currently I have only nearly 1 million part (SKU) numbers that are cross referenced and still SKUs that I must add manual or manually cross reference. Of course I have to delete last price update column and a few other columns that my software don't need. Now of course I have my own prefixes assigned just in case there are duplicate PNs by multiple OEMs.
1664491273420.png
I have loaded MTD, Husqvarna, Stens, and Rotary price files along many of the other OEMs my two biggest distributors provide parts and price files for.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes I know Poulan is owned by Husqvarna
But for some reason finding a list of Husqvarna models that might use this deck is a bit difficult.
Most of the sites that I use to cross reference do not list the Husqvarna models but they do list the Dixon, Red Max , Poulan, Weedeater, Electroluxe
Ojsandal does not need to build a comprehensive cross referenced data base , he just needs to know what should be on the deck of his 2nd hand mower so he can get the belts to stay on.
What both of us have overlooked to date is weather his mower has the belt keepers on the engine.
You in particular should know the problems people have when they buy used mowers that have had an "interesting" service history .
I was hoping to show OJ one method of working around the lack of information about Craftsman mowers and how to check is the same part is sold under different brand names & part numbers .
Hopefully he has an idea of how to go about it now .
And of course for me it was another learning exercise as it looks very much like that particular deck was actually sold without pulley covers

OJSANDOVAL

Threads
But for some reason finding a list of Husqvarna models that might use this deck is a bit difficult.
Most of the sites that I use to cross reference do not list the Husqvarna models but they do list the Dixon, Red Max , Poulan, Weedeater, Electroluxe
Ojsandal does not need to build a comprehensive cross referenced data base , he just needs to know what should be on the deck of his 2nd hand mower so he can get the belts to stay on.
What both of us have overlooked to date is weather his mower has the belt keepers on the engine.
You in particular should know the problems people have when they buy used mowers that have had an "interesting" service history .
I was hoping to show OJ one method of working around the lack of information about Craftsman mowers and how to check is the same part is sold under different brand names & part numbers .
And of course for me it was another learning exercise as it looks very much like that particular deck was actually sold without pulley covers
Hey sorry guys I’ll take a look at all these messages soon. I was in the zone for hurricane Ian so power was out. I’ll look into this asap I did already have the deck off an clean at one point I know someone mentioned to do that. I cleaned it all off removed all debris from inside the undercarriage of mower as well. An has a new belt on it .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes I understand that different areas have different setup for looking up parts. Plus Sears has gotten very lazy about their equipment IPLs.

And yes this particular deck was sold without belt covers which was a safety issue but many customers simply don't care about safety. It is just the deflector chutes for the discharge for the clippings. Some has to be there no matter what as there is large hole that the operator put their foot through. Some deflectors are too large length wise and can be shorten with reason.

The PartSelect site does show all the referenced parts and it take a little more effort to look the original numbers and then cross to the current numbers but I am use to having to research things to an extra level as I get some fairly old and odd equipment here. But to be honest this particular deck is a new one on me.

I usually use Ereplacementparts.com when I need to cross reference a particular part as in this case the deck shell fits the following mowers which get you easier to the current part numbers.

1664536977726.png

1664537005883.png

1664537062826.png
1664537096871.png
Note this are not clickable links, just screen grabs.

OJSANDOVAL

Threads
  • / Loose belt issue. Craftsman lt1000 model: 917275350
I tried to upload pics of the belt keeper arms from the motor but it says my file is too large. If anyone wants I can email the pics. But I only have a belt keeper on the engine on the left side. There is not one on the right side. Is that normal to have one an not the other? The right side is also the side that it keeps slipping under the pully into could that be the problem right there ?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I tried to upload pics of the belt keeper arms from the motor but it says my file is too large. If anyone wants I can email the pics. But I only have a belt keeper on the engine on the left side. There is not one on the right side. Is that normal to have one an not the other? The right side is also the side that it keeps slipping under the pully into could that be the problem right there ?
upload your images to an image host, like postimages or imgbb and copy and paste the links here.

OJSANDOVAL

Threads