Lawn Mower Problems related?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stupid me. All I had ot do was press the brake bar down and put the brake band on. I got it all put together. However, when I put the bolt with the one inch spacer on, I turned it 2 or 3 times with a ratchet socket and not that hard and I heard a pop. now the bolt will not tighten. What should I do? I did try to start it 30 times or so and it "coughed" a tad but would not start. I saw a video about adjusting the points. Is that the next step or something else? I know the carburetor is clean.

Thanks
GB

What you should do next is to go and buy a service book and read it...!

You say you have broken a bolt and ask what you should do next.....well you drill out the bolt (not the threads) you remove the threads with easyout (bolt extractor).
Then you say it will not start, so you are going to adjust the points.....had you look at the type of engine, you will see that that engine does'nt have points.

Make sure you have spark.
Make sure you have fuel to the carb.
Make sure you have compression.
Make sure that the choke is working.
If you hav'nt taken off the flywheel, the timing should be ok, but check the key.
After 30 pulls and not running the spark should be a little wet, if not, look at the carb (no fuel) if too wet look at the spark side (no spark).