Lawn Boy z340 zero turn parts/repairs HELP!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Thank you for the information. I cannot get the service manual link to load. I did find the "current" model numbers that lined up with the numbers I sent. Does this tell me that I have zt2100 or zt2200? If so, would a googled "zt2100 seal kit" work for mine or would it have to be more specific and instead have to match the long part number? Sorry for the stupid questions. Also, the previous owner said that the original 3/4" axles were replaced with 1" axles. I'm not sure if that changes anything
Double the link I post and I am able to download it. It might restricted in your area.

As for the seal kit it listed on page of the IPL and is Hydro Gear PN 70853.

Lawn-Boy43

Threads
Double the link I post and I am able to download it. It might restricted in your area.

As for the seal kit it listed on page of the IPL and is Hydro Gear PN 70853.
Awesome. Thank you. As far as knowing if it's the 2100 or 2200, would I be able to tell by if the fan blades are on top or below the pulley? That seems to be an obvious difference in the manual.

Lawn-Boy43

Threads
So I crawled up under the mower to look around again and I noticed the belt on the right side (side that runs slower, sometimes not at all), has a lot of play in it compared to the left side. Does anyone know if you have to drop the transaxle to change a belt? Could something else be causing the belt to be so loose? It's pretty crammed under there and hard to see much of anything.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes should be able without dropping the transaxle though you probably will need to remove the electric clutch if it is like some ZTRs I work on. Also check the tensioning idler arm for binding and that the idler pulley bearing are okay. The spring hold the tension on the idler arm probably will need to be removed.

Lawn-Boy43

Threads
Yes should be able without dropping the transaxle though you probably will need to remove the electric clutch if it is like some ZTRs I work on. Also check the tensioning idler arm for binding and that the idler pulley bearing are okay. The spring hold the tension on the idler arm probably will need to be removed.
Thanks! I'll check it out

Lawn-Boy43

Threads
Thanks! I'll check it out
I have a new belt coming in the mail later this week. Is there a chance that all it needs is a new belt and nothing internally has to be done to the Hydro? The symptoms were that the right side was getting slower and whiner and now the right side just doesn't budge.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Make sure that the tensioner arm is moving freely when you install the new belt. Common problem is that dirt builds up between the arm and frame. Also check for sloppiness in the pivot point of the arm. When was the last time you replaced the belts. I recommend about every three to five years and replace both at the same time.

Lawn-Boy43

Threads
Make sure that the tensioner arm is moving freely when you install the new belt. Common problem is that dirt builds up between the arm and frame. Also check for sloppiness in the pivot point of the arm. When was the last time you replaced the belts. I recommend about every three to five years and replace both at the same time.
I'll have to order another one then. I just bought the mower a week or so ago. The main belt that goes to the cut deck has a few sizable chunks missing but still tight. I know that the first time there's any kind of big load on it while cutting, it'll snap but replacing that is lower on the list until I can get the mower to move. Holding the new and old belt over each other, they were virtually the same size. I installed the new one anyways and it was just as loose as the old one. The spring is fine for the tensioner because it holds the belt all the way against the main pulley while the belt still seems loose. The pivot point doesnt have any noticable slop. I'm stumped. Maybe it's normal to be that loose? It's definitely looser than the left side. I can turn the right side pulley/fan pretty easily by hand while the tractor is off. When I move the right handlebar in either direction, the fan over the Hydro does spin but there is no sign of any effort from the Hydro. Not even a whine. It's hard to tell if there's any kind of slipping with the belt on the pulley. It almost seems like something in the hydro is disconnected or something sheared off? Still, i dont think that would solve my possible loose belt problem though but maybe that issue is just in my head.

Lawn-Boy43

Threads
I'll have to order another one then. I just bought the mower a week or so ago. The main belt that goes to the cut deck has a few sizable chunks missing but still tight. I know that the first time there's any kind of big load on it while cutting, it'll snap but replacing that is lower on the list until I can get the mower to move. Holding the new and old belt over each other, they were virtually the same size. I installed the new one anyways and it was just as loose as the old one. The spring is fine for the tensioner because it holds the belt all the way against the main pulley while the belt still seems loose. The pivot point doesnt have any noticable slop. I'm stumped. Maybe it's normal to be that loose? It's definitely looser than the left side. I can turn the right side pulley/fan pretty easily by hand while the tractor is off. When I move the right handlebar in either direction, the fan over the Hydro does spin but there is no sign of any effort from the Hydro. Not even a whine. It's hard to tell if there's any kind of slipping with the belt on the pulley. It almost seems like something in the hydro is disconnected or something sheared off? Still, i dont think that would solve my possible loose belt problem though but maybe that issue is just in my head.
Anyone have any advice on what I should do? Am I going to have to crack open the Hydro? If so, what should I be looking for given the symptoms?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What makes you think the old belt, spring , tension pulley were correct to start with ?
Where did you get the parts from ?
Are you sure the belt run is correct ?
Are the pulleys worn?
Some model numbers for the mower will help those who want to help you