Laptop battery question.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I did the same thing last night, as the night before. Woke up this morning to the battery level still on zero. UGH!!!!!!!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you sure it is a battery problem and not a charger problem. I am constantly needing to wiggle the charger to computer connector on my HP because it likes to loose contact and stop charging.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you sure it is a battery problem and not a charger problem. I am constantly needing to wiggle the charger to computer connector on my HP because it likes to loose contact and stop charging.

I just updated my "bios drivers." At least I think I did. Now it seems to be charging.

So far, this thing seems to charge only when it wants to. I'm at 94% now.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does it say it's charging? I'm with ILENGINE thinking it may be a charger problem. It's a common issue for the solder connections on the charging port to break on laptops due to using on your lap while charging and stressing the charger port connections, tripping on the cord etc. Unfortunately you usually have to deconstruct the computer to access it.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does it say it's charging? I'm with ILENGINE thinking it may be a charger problem. It's a common issue for the solder connections on the charging port to break on laptops due to using on your lap while charging and stressing the charger port connections, tripping on the cord etc. Unfortunately you usually have to deconstruct the computer to access it.

When I move the charging connection or the cord, the charging light by the connection doesn't change. When it's charging it's yellow. When it's plugged in, with low battery, it blinks white.
But the light doesn't change when I move the cord.

logert gogert

Threads
UPDATE New battery, after letting it die completely, per the instructions, is once again stuck at 6%. Surely I didn't get two bad batteries.
Ive never heard that before, if its a lithium battery i wouldnt discharge it completely, can actually cause wear in the long run

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I move the charging connection or the cord, the charging light by the connection doesn't change. When it's charging it's yellow. When it's plugged in, with low battery, it blinks white.
But the light doesn't change when I move the cord.
So is it showing yellow when charging? If not your port is bad.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
So is it showing yellow when charging? If not your port is bad.

After updating the bios, everything seems to be working correctly now. The light, when it's plugged in and not fully charged, is a solid yellow.
All day long, it's been charging when it's supposed to.
But ONLY today. this thing have been giving me fits for the last week. Locking up, shutting off all by itself. I was afraid I was going to lose all my customer info. I got it transferred to a USB flash drive now.

BTW, my original batter was so swollen, it was about the burst. So much so, the tech at Office Depot refused to open the back of the computer do to safety reasons.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do yourself a massive favour.
Get an external hard drive and a blue tooth or wireless adapter
Then get a RAID app, lots of free ones around.
Make the external drive a "mirror" of your hard drive .
Thus no matter what happens you always have an exact copy of your drive safe & sound from equipment failures .
hen I had the courier business I used to set up hidden Raid Mirrors for the phtographers, usually a 3 way mirror with one hidden in the ceiling so if the computer got nicked they always had a back up copy of their work.
It was a good little side line for a long while .