JD F735 burning oil

Doggydoggen

Threads
Be careful. Diesels can, and will, run on crankcase oil and you have no control over the rpm generated. Lots of diesel engines have been destroyed by inhaling their own lube oil.

Unless you are certain that the dipstick is the wrong one, I'd go by the dipstick, not a quantity specified in a manual, regardless of who wrote the manual.
i mesured the oil when i filled it, 2.27 without filter liter, but on john deere website it says 1.9 without filter
this is scary, my good if it had started rev like crazy........

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
What I'm trying to tell you is to use the dipstick to tell when the crankcase is full.

1. Drain the oil
2. Replace the oil filter
3. Fill the crankcase to the 'full' mark on the dipstick
4. Start the engine and run for a few minutes, check for leaks
5. Re-check the oil level; fill to 'full' mark as required

In your case, check the oil often and also check for oil in the intake manifold/tubes.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
And leave the engine sit, not running, for several minutes before checking the oil.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I NEVER start my mowers without first checking the oil level. That was ingrained in me at a young age by my Dad.

If he hired someone to operate an excavator, & they did NOT check the oil/ coolant & etc. before they fired up the machine, then were Fired on the spot.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
i mesured the oil when i filled it, 2.27 without filter liter, but on john deere website it says 1.9 without filter
this is scary, my good if it had started rev like crazy........

What makes you think you have the wrong dip stick?

If you can put the dipstick beside the fill tube, and see how far it goes down into the sump (oil pan), that should give you a good idea if you have the right or wrong dipstick.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And to follow on from PT, the full mark should be just below the sump gasket .
This is done to prevent them leaking out the gasket when not being used .

Doggydoggen

Threads
i replaced the pcv hoses from pcv valve to intake and the hoses from the heads with clear hoses, and when the engine had run about 2 minutes the oil started to push up from the valve covers and after 5 minutes the oil entered the intake manifold, i removed the injectors and made a compression test, both cylinders seams ok with about 400 psi(28 bar), exactly the same for booth cylinders.
after that i changed the 15w40 oil with thinner 10w30 and now the oil rise in the hoses is gone and everything seams ok now, strange this?