JD F735 burning oil

Doggydoggen

Threads
Hello. this is my first post and fist off all i say Hi to you all..=)
Im from Sweden so my spelling will be strange sometimes, but i hope you all understand what i wright.

I bought a 2001 JD F735 for a week ago, it dident run so i gott it cheap, it have only 210 hours on it and have sit in a garage for about 15-18 years
it looks almost brand new.
the first thing i did was to remove tank, hoses,injectors, injector pump and governor, and ultrasonic cleaned everything then it fired up directly and starts and run good.
but after about 2 hours of engine time i see that the engine consumes oil, about 1dl on a hour, and i can smell oil burning and a very light blue smoke
my thinking is that the piston oil rings have stuck when it has been sitting for 15 years, or maby valve guide seals dry up, my own believes is that it is not the guide seals because 1dl in a hour seams to much for them to be bad? anyway anyone have a tip to free those oil-rings up or what to do to?
or any idea on this issue would be nice..:)

/Doger

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
What type and grade oil are you using?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's really good oil, for gas engines in cars. Before getting inside the engine I'd change the oil to a diesel specification oil, 15w40 to meet
API CI-4 classification that meets or exceeds API CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF/SJ. This is recommended by Yanmar.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Being that old, all of the oil seals will have gone dry & hard.
I am amazed that it did not pour oil from the crank shaft seals as well.
Yes the valve stem oil seals will be bad and yes the rings can be stuck but a few runs with a good grade of oil should free them up.

Doggydoggen

Threads
it is a diesel spec oil and what i can understand is ok?, are they sensitive on to thin oil?thumbnail_IMG_20200229_223423.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20200229_223403.jpg

Doggydoggen

Threads
not a drop of oil anyware, yes it is rather stranges-l1600 (14).jpg after 15 years..=), i will put this Omega 917 in it tomorrow, i have had much luck with this stop leak, it pore out the calk(chalky deposit) in the rubber that make them hard and the seals start to seal again, i hope this will work.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you possibly have stuck rings you can pull the injectors and put a few ounces of Seafoam in each cylinder and let it set overnight. Spin the engine over a few times with the starter before putting the injectors back in. Put 15w40 in it and run it and see what happens.

Doggydoggen

Threads
you can not buy seafoam in Sweden, but i buyed one on ebay a while back..:), now it is coming to handy..=)
i will change the oil to 15w40, need to find a god one, i have read on internet that ppl put some ATF oil in the oil, and that will clean the internal off the engine, but it seams scary...