I moved (again)

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it was one the US General tool boxes they built fairly heavy especially at 300 + lbs empty. They recently made them deeper. Since I am by myself that that 2 ton engine crane came in handy unloading them.

HFT seem to only put the cabinets on sale and rarely put the tool chest (top box) on sale.

The one at HF looked like a mansion of biblical stanards. Makes mine look like a hut.

So far, it's been 4 full days. I've taken in 3 chainsaws and a trimmer.
It's given me plenty of time to organize and get at least one of my riders ready to sell. Gonna have to sell it only as a rider and not a mower because the deck is rotten.
And I got a generator ready to sell. Someone stopped and asked about it. Said they'd come back today with the cash and bring me some stuff to fix.

Baby steps.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can say the HF boxes are pretty good. Unloading the lower cabinet was a bear. Had to get neighbor's tractor with a loader to get it off the pickup truck. My engine lift didn't go high enough.View attachment 52298

That's sweet. Good grief. I could separate my by pliers, little pliers and needle nose in separate drawers with that one.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
1589545211085.jpg
The socket drawer gets opened and closed a lot about every day. Still slides like new. Quite a bit if weight in it.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Man, you got it going on.

(wiping drool from computer screen)

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Uncurable toolaholic. Therapy hasn't helped.
Remember to keep every receipt for everything you buy for the business. Tools are a deductible expense. My accountant told me the biggest mistake small business owners make is not keeping receipts and not taking deductions for expenses like the electric bill, rent, insurance, shop supplies, trash pickup, mileage etc. That $3 can of carb cleaner from the auto parts store is deductible. The gas you buy for mowers you service is deductible. All the small stuff adds up.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Careful when buying tools or supplies if you don’t own the business. According to my accountant tools, supplies, uniforms, etc. are only deductible if you own the business. If you only work there, they are no longer deductible after the change in the tax codes three years ago.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Uncurable toolaholic. Therapy hasn't helped.
Remember to keep every receipt for everything you buy for the business. Tools are a deductible expense. My accountant told me the biggest mistake small business owners make is not keeping receipts and not taking deductions for expenses like the electric bill, rent, insurance, shop supplies, trash pickup, mileage etc. That $3 can of carb cleaner from the auto parts store is deductible. The gas you buy for mowers you service is deductible. All the small stuff adds up.

LOL.. I keep receipts for everything. Including the gas receipts for my pick up, as I also do pick up and delivery. I sometimes pick up receipts just to claim.

I suppose I'm gonna have to go get a tax ID number now, so I can sign up with a few other suppliers. The tire shop here (i'm working out of) has one that I could probably use. I just need to talk to a tax person to see which is the best route.

My dad said "When you go into business for yourself, you'll work twice the hours for 1/2 the pay." So far, since this move, he's been spot on.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I own a business
A couple weeks ago my bro in law was at a friends house and the friend was having a big dead ash cut down. Well Bubba and Jo Bob the guys the friend hired to cut the tree down dropped it on my bro in law's car and the guy's house. No business license and no insurance. 2 insurance companies are suing them. They are being investigated by the state for taxes. I fix lawn mowers in a 24x24 building behind my house. I have a business license, a tax id number, a good accountant and a $1M blanket insurance policy.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not going to be cutting tree's down. Just fixing lawn & garden equipment. But I do see the need for insurance and all that you described. Just hope I can get back to making some money first.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In a country where a shoe salesman can tell a customer that "these new running shoes will make you twice as fast "
and that person gets run down sprinting across the interstate because they didn't. so a court awards the idiot runner damages against the shoe shop, public liability is a must.