I can't believe I said No Thanks

Ric

Lawn Pro
I was out doing a few of my lawns this morning, I was mowing with the Cub Cadet and the wife was on the Toro and we were mowing two one acre lots. I was approached by an individual about trimming some hedges around the corner from where we were and I said fine and I'd be there when we finished mowing the two we had started. I got to the house to find four guys unloading a Craftsmen riding lawnmower out of the back of a Chevy pickup. Now that in itself doesn't seem to strange but when you see four guys lifting this lawn tractor out of the back of a truck by hand it makes one wonder a bit but my wondering about these guys stopped when they tied the side discharge chute up and commenced to discharge the grass towards the house and the pool enclosure and filled every flower bed on the property with grass, needless to say I finished hedges and the guy paid me. He asked me if I needed anymore work and I said it depends on where and what it was. The guy offered me a monthly gig at $1250 a month to mow a school he had the contract on I couldn't believe I said no thanks. How ever I did pick up the three lawns that the guys with the Craftsmen were doing starting next week.:thumbsup:
 
I can understand them with a mower in the back of a truck. But to just do a bad job and not take any pride in their work So glad you took some yards from them they gives us all a bad name.

You just proved that doing a good job pays off.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))
 
I can see where they might be a one time deal with most customrs. Or they may have customers who don't care which way the grass flies. I'd think a small trailer for a couple hundred bucks would save wear and tear on 4 guy's back lugging on that Craftsman! You guys don't have to worry about me taking your yards I'm too lazy to mow and can't take the heat~~~ ~~~ ~ I'd rather twist wrenches and bust knuckles!
 
I can see where they might be a one time deal with most customrs. Or they may have customers who don't care which way the grass flies. I'd think a small trailer for a couple hundred bucks would save wear and tear on 4 guy's back lugging on that Craftsman! You guys don't have to worry about me taking your yards I'm too lazy to mow and can't take the heat~~~ ~~~ ~ I'd rather twist wrenches and bust knuckles!

If I hired someone to mow came home to grass everywhere I would refuse to pay them untill they came to finish the job and clean it up. I would never hire them again and start telling everyone I knew
 
I can see where they might be a one time deal with most customrs. Or they may have customers who don't care which way the grass flies. I'd think a small trailer for a couple hundred bucks would save wear and tear on 4 guy's back lugging on that Craftsman! You guys don't have to worry about me taking your yards I'm too lazy to mow and can't take the heat~~~ ~~~ ~ I'd rather twist wrenches and bust knuckles!

Your right a lot of people just don't care how it's cut. I do a yard next to a guy that has the best looking grass in the neighborhood he keeps it cut nice but the beds the driveway walkway and the street stay covered in clippings.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))
 
The thing is and I know I got some people fired up the other day with the Toyota pickup crack but I honestly see this kinda thing all the time, I know of at least two other outfits that carry tractors and equipment in the back of the pickups although they at least use ramps to unload. I really don't care how they move there stuff from one place to another but lifting the craftsmen out of the truck by hand was a little extreme. They had three guys mowing this place the guy on the craftsmen, another with a Murray push mower and the other had a craftsmen push mower, so you can just imagine what things looked when they finished. That's the thing, the finished product and what it says about the rest of us and the industry. Like exotion said I would refuse to pay them untill they came to finish the job and clean it up.
 
Your right a lot of people just don't care how it's cut. I do a yard next to a guy that has the best looking grass in the neighborhood he keeps it cut nice but the beds the driveway walkway and the street stay covered in clippings.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))


I don't know about things where you are but if we leave clippings in the road here, it can cost us a $500 fine if were caught.
 
The thing is and I know I got some people fired up the other day with the Toyota pickup crack but I honestly see this kinda thing all the time, I know of at least two other outfits that carry tractors and equipment in the back of the pickups although they at least use ramps to unload. I really don't care how they move there stuff from one place to another but lifting the craftsmen out of the truck by hand was a little extreme. They had three guys mowing this place the guy on the craftsmen, another with a Murray push mower and the other had a craftsmen push mower, so you can just imagine what things looked when they finished. That's the thing, the finished product and what it says about the rest of us and the industry. Like exotion said I would refuse to pay them untill they came to finish the job and clean it up.

See there we go. Last year every day I loaded up my equipment in the back of my truck my 21 toro echo weed eater and leaf blower. 2 gas cans a bucket. This doesn't look the best pulling up but my standard of quality and the careful maintence on my equipment allowed me to keep my customers.

The year before that I started with a crapsman front wheel drive a featherlite weedeater and a weed eater brand blower. Loaded in the back of my jeep cherokee. Getting people to trust me was difficult but once they saw my work they never had anything bad to say I still have all my customers from my jeep days.

Quality over quantinty my standard of quality is way above most people at a cost that's lower than most this has allowed me to gain a massive customer base in just 3 years. I enjoy watching people like you saw work its just spectacular that they even stay in business.
 
Back
Top