I can't believe I said No Thanks

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't know about things where you are but if we leave clippings in the road here, it can cost us a $500 fine if were caught.

Yeah it's the law but I don't know who would give out the fine. I would think the HMO would get on him

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah it's the law but I don't know who would give out the fine. I would think the HMO would get on him

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

I have gotten threats before when I work for a different company. I was edging a long edge and a lot of cars were parked there I did my best but some got in the street a cop actually came and threatened a ticket so I left the curb dirty and told my boss. Lol

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I run into these clowns from time to time. I'm not casting stones at the guys that are getting a start and putting out quality work with crap tools i respect those guys everyone starts somewhere. I can't stand the guys that wake up one day decide they want to make a few bucks and mow for a week working out of their station wagon or whatever. They are typically low ballers as well, which is another subject. We are focused on high end neighborhoods so rarely see one in our areas but i wish i could tell them to leave the area when i do. We just end up having to fix whatever they do anyway and explain our rates because the other guy was way cheaper. It doesn't make any sense.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That has happened to me also!

A University Campus wanted my services! They sent me the 18 pages contract! I said no. The reason why I said no, is Because I would of needed atleast two guys with my, a big commercial trailer with tractor, two gas trimmers, two gas back pack blowers and a bigger truck to pull all of that. I even talked about it with some very big business men and they said no also. It was too big and too soon for me! Non the less, I only had two weeks left before the contract started to get all the equipment, the loan and the 1 000 000$ insurance that I needed. I wouldn't have time for all of that nor the money! Instead, I got many residential contracts this year and I am very happy with that.:smile:

By the way, it was many many acres of grass. I would of had to mowed around a soccer field, appartments, more appartments, huge parking lots, another building and much more! There was so much grass there that I would be there for days!

For the snoopy ones, it would have 10 000$ for one year. It was about that. But, I would lost all of that in equipment and my company would of gone bad, because of all the time it would take. Still makes me jealous to see the other company take care of the lawn.

OldMasterTech

Threads
That has happened to me also!

A University Campus wanted my services! They sent me the 18 pages contract! I said no. The reason why I said no, is Because I would of needed atleast two guys with my, a big commercial trailer with tractor, two gas trimmers, two gas back pack blowers and a bigger truck to pull all of that. I even talked about it with some very big business men and they said no also. It was too big and too soon for me! Non the less, I only had two weeks left before the contract started to get all the equipment, the loan and the 1 000 000$ insurance that I needed. I wouldn't have time for all of that nor the money! Instead, I got many residential contracts this year and I am very happy with that.:smile:

By the way, it was many many acres of grass. I would of had to mowed around a soccer field, appartments, more appartments, huge parking lots, another building and much more! There was so much grass there that I would be there for days!

For the snoopy ones, it would have 10 000$ for one year. It was about that. But, I would lost all of that in equipment and my company would of gone bad, because of all the time it would take. Still makes me jealous to see the other company take care of the lawn.

Don't be jealous, you are safer with many small customers than with that one large account. Remember, if you lose one client now you just replace him, if you lose that large account you're unemployed!

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wish I could pick up a few more that had acres to mow. I like to mow big ones and stay in one place instead of moving several times. Many times several small yards here will pay more than one big one

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't be jealous, you are safer with many small customers than with that one large account. Remember, if you lose one client now you just replace him, if you lose that large account you're unemployed!

That is very true! I am glad now that I don't have this contract! It would of been stressfull! It even stated that if the job was not done right the contractor would have to repay the contract so that the University finds another company. Let's just say that is nasty!