Hustlers Raptor XDX help

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You need the key in the run position and parking brake on for the unit to keep running. If the engine fails to start you may have a short some where in the wiring harness or a bad safety switch also.

Engine207

Threads
So I tried the solenoid➡️small solenoid jump test with the battery on run, and it fired right up. Jumper wire got super hot, but it started. I mowed the whole 7 acres without shutting it off (in-flight refueling), but when I was finally done and did turn the key off, it just clicked. Jumper again, started it right up.

So…it’s probably not the starter, ignition switch, or interlock, right? But pretty safe to say it’s the solenoid itself…right?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
NO, not the solenoid. By jumping straight to solenoid you proved it was good. Either key switch or one of the safety switches. Need to get out your test light or meter and start tracing all wires from the S terminal on the key switch to the small terminal on the solenoid. Post the entire model number from the ID tag and we will try to find you a wiring diagram.

Engine207

Threads
NO, not the solenoid. By jumping straight to solenoid you proved it was good. Either key switch or one of the safety switches. Need to get out your test light or meter and start tracing all wires from the S terminal on the key switch to the small terminal on the solenoid. Post the entire model number from the ID tag and we will try to find you a wiring diagram.
Oh, gotcha! What I jumped was one solenoid terminal (the one showing 12.6V) to the other (129 mV). It was actually an accident, as I was trying to jump the + post of the battery to both.

I have a Hustler Raptor XDX - HTRDXS054KAWFR691VA
Model # 939835

Engine207

Threads
Thank you. Downloaded!!

So we’re narrowing down the culprit here, right? Either the handle sensors saying ‘I’m not in park’ when I’m trying to start, or the ignition switch somehow isn’t letting the current flow to the solenoid?

I needed a few spare parts, so I ordered a $25 oem ignition switch with em. I realize it may be fine and the problem is a simple adjustment of the handlebars, but according to the manual, adjusting those is supposed to be ‘trained maintenance personnel’. Does Internet University count?

if it turns out to be something with the handles after all, I’ll have to figure out how to do it (or find a buddy with a trailer, to take it to the dealer!). I’d love to just override the whole thing, but safety…I know.

LMPPLUS

Threads
Hi all!
First post here, so go easy on me, boys! Went out to start my 2021 Hustler Raptor XDX, and all I got was a click. Checked the battery at 12.9V (which had been on a trickle), verified the 15A fuse was good, made sure my deck clutch was pushed down, and my drive arms were fully out. When I look at my hour meter, there’s a little icon that flashes in the run position, but solid in the off position.

I just cut the grass last week without any problems and parked it in the garage. I believe my mower thinks the interlock parking brake isn’t fully engaged. I’d appreciate some help troubleshooting, adjusting or bypassing the interlock. TIA!
Engine207, If you have a DC voltage tester, check for power to your solenoid control wire and to the battery terminal to the starter when you turn the key on, if you have power to control wire and not to starter you got a bad solenoid, if you have power to starter and it only hums you got a bad starter. By the way whats the engine on this mower?

LMPPLUS

Threads
PS: Your safety sensors are not part of the starter circuit, if they are bad it should turn over but not have any fire to the plug.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
LMPPLUS, safety switches (sensors) ARE part of the starting circuit. Second, if you read the entire thread, he has tested the components and found that the solenoid is good.

LMPPLUS

Threads
Rivets, they are part of the ignition circuit.