Husqvarna Carb gasket help

MikeH62

Threads
that model number info shows its a 21hp single cylinder kohler courage engine plus if your carb bowl gasket is leaking its most likely a bad float needle seat setup not properly sutting off fuel flow...youll need to either rebuild the carb or replace it because the gas getting past the bowl gasket usually means the float shutoff needle seat isnt working properly...also check your oil for gas contamination...
Thank you heading down to MS next week and get to work on it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The OP was asking for the bowl gasket because had cleaned out the carburetor. Plus if the needle is leaking he doesn't have to replace carb, just the needle and seat.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes
The engine cover should always be removed either at the end of the season to clean the fins and by preference left off to discourage wild life taking up residence and having midnight snacks on your wiring .
The top seal is under the flywheel
Bert that is great advice. If only all blower housing were that easy to get off.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert that is great advice. If only all blower housing were that easy to get off.
That is the difference between an engine that is designed by an engineer to be quick & easy to assemble and a B & S engine that is designed by an accountant to use the cheapest fasteners possible for every spot

Smithsonite

Threads
Amen to that, Bert - exactly the way modern automobiles are manufactured, only they put the low-bidder parts in impossible to access locations, and turn what used to be a 10 minute job into a 5 hour SLOG. I'm so sick of dealing with it I was ready to start refusing to work on cars built after 1994 this week. 😂

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are talking to a man who runs nothing younger than 1990
In the 70's I worked for SimsMetal who were the 3rd largest lead acid battery makers
The car makers were screaming about the "excessive weight" of our batteries and demanding lighter ones to reduce fuel consumption
At the same time they introduced electric seats for the driver & front passenger that added 7 kg in electric motors alone as there were 3 in each seat .
Apart from direct fuel injection I see little real advancement made since 1980

skiman

Threads
The OP was asking for the bowl gasket because had cleaned out the carburetor. Plus if the needle is leaking he doesn't have to replace carb, just the needle and seat.
just pointing out the possibilities of whats wrong...those walbro carbs has a brass seat and he might not be skilled enough to replace if the seat is corroded preventing the rubber tip needle to shut off fuel flow in the carb...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Maybe your right...Maybe a pair pliers, a nut driver, a hammer, and a ruler might be someone abilities. Of course you must follow the included instructions too. But if someone can't do that then they don't need to working on equipment in the first place.

Now I do know a few that couldn't get out of a wet paper bag with both ends open.

skiman

Threads
you know it takes more than what you listed to remove a brass seat from a walbro carb...but i digress to your experience...im just a 65 year old man with limited knowledge...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well there other tools as you got remove the carburetor of course but I referring to the seat itself and a place to do it but those are give me items. The instruction does show using a drill press but a hammer works.

Here is the instructions.
1670769813714.png1670769879381.png