Husqvarna Carb gasket help

skiman

Threads
hmm...a work bench with a vise isnt needed as well...like i said not everyone has what is needed...beside ive repaired plenty without even removing the old seat using valve lapping compound...a Q tip...and carb cleaner...put some lapping compound on the tip...clean the opposite end and install in the drill...polish the brass to remove the corrosion...use carb cleaner to flush out the residule lapping compound and test for seal by reinstalling the needle float seat assy and turn upside down while blowing thru the fuel nipple to check the seal...if cant blow thru...fixed...if not repeat...but then again im just an old guy who doesnt know much...

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Actually a couple short pieces of 2x4's or anything of equal height can be used that keeps the carb suspended. But they are showing normal shop tools being used.

You be surprised how seats still leaks even if you can't mouth blow through them that why they must be pressure tested for at 30 minutes; otherwords, they must hold a steady dry 7-10 psi for 30 minutes or they fail the test. Wet testing don't count.

Also when you do the polishing the float level must be readjusted to spec.

skiman

Threads
you take of maybe 1mm if youre lucky polishing the brass seat...thats non existant to the level of the float...plus blowing as hard as you can is more than effective to pressure test the seat if you maintain pressure for about 15 seconds...ive repaired well over a thousand that way....done with or without the drill...a drill makes it easier...and never had to adjust a single float after polishing...almost every time the corrosion has caused a surface irregularity not allowing the needle to seat properly...think ive actually had to replace maybe 5 in my lifetime...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well the ones I have replaced where deeply etched due water damage. And personally I can't develop 5 psi blowing into anything. I have tried to measure it.

I just going to leave this as it is as I see there is no point continuing. Some will argue with a sign post with not a letter on it. I just do works the best for me.

skiman

Threads
for the record...once again your method requires another tool to validate the process...this time a pressure pump with a gauge...im offering a simple proven method that has worked well for me which was taught to me at a briggs service class many years ago...when you dont know the layout or setup tooling wise to make a field repair many hours away from home you recommend a simplified way to make repairs...this method has worked many times for me.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
New seat in the Kohler Courage repair kit is zinc.