Husqvarna Carb gasket help

MikeH62

Threads
Hi, hope someone can help me out here. I have a Husqvarna riding mower. It was purchased somewhere around 2010. It was used twice on a 1.5ac yard then put away when my father passed away. I drained all the fluids and put stabilizer if the tank and made sure it got into the carb when it was put away. I recently purchased it from my mother, So it's been sitting 10 - 12 years? had to tear into the carb and clean it all up as it was leaking gas all over. My problem is I'm trying to find a float bowl gasket and these lawn shops are telling me they can't help me if I don't have the engine number. Unfortunately I'm 600 miles away and no way to get the number off the engine. I can tell you it is a 22hp Kohler twin cam it has a Walbro carburetor. I will attach photos of the information I have. I thought the bowl gasket was pretty much a standard size but I'm told no.
Any advice would be helpful
Thanks,
Mike
[ATTACHREUSE]

Attachments

• Husqvarna Tag3.png
    Husqvarna Tag3.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Husqvarna Model 2.jpg
    Husqvarna Model 2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 35

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
pn 12 041 05-S

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the oil level very carefully when you start to use it .
This engine has a pressure feed to the top bush and the oil seal will probably be hard and fail in service
Down side is that will reduce the oil pressure to the conrod big end
The lower is usually fine because it has been sitting in oil , but check it every use for a few months
If it leaks then it can drain the engine in a few minutes

MikeH62

Threads
Do I have to remove the engine cover? What does it look like? I wouldn't want to blow the engine up.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes
The engine cover should always be removed either at the end of the season to clean the fins and by preference left off to discourage wild life taking up residence and having midnight snacks on your wiring .
The top seal is under the flywheel
The cover on your engine almost falls off

MikeH62

Threads
Yes
The engine cover should always be removed either at the end of the season to clean the fins and by preference left off to discourage wild life taking up residence and having midnight snacks on your wiring .
The top seal is under the flywheel
The cover on your engine almost falls off
Thanks for the information, I'll be heading back to MS the middle of the month. I'll check it out.

Smithsonite

Threads
Sitting that long I can pretty much guarantee underneath the engine cover will be packed solid with a mouse motel.

This one sat 3 years up here in MA. Guaranteed valve issues when the head passes 500° ... :

45795BD4-6CE5-4344-9B3D-A64F35722333.jpeg

F6C1CB80-CD18-4B9F-B87C-23D70367B1CC.jpeg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now you know that was factory installed option.:p I see a lot that out here in the country. It happen within a week sometimes. I recommend to my customers to always keep that pet mouse food already available for the mice and rats.

skiman

Threads
that model number info shows its a 21hp single cylinder kohler courage engine plus if your carb bowl gasket is leaking its most likely a bad float needle seat setup not properly sutting off fuel flow...youll need to either rebuild the carb or replace it because the gas getting past the bowl gasket usually means the float shutoff needle seat isnt working properly...also check your oil for gas contamination...