Humor

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sooo..... i am my own boss (farmer)never needed to drive cause i live at my work,i call all shots everyday,no employees either.

Does that mean for me i have to go work as a employee for some outfit in order to be "retired" :laughing:

What does it mean to "Retire"
What do you "retired" guys do all day besides mowing your 5 square foot lawn and yap on this forum :confused2:

"5 foot square lawn.....???" I have to mow 5 acres of lawn.

Black Bart

Threads
Sorry you feel that way, been retired since late 2002, just turned 60 last week, and I still feel great and all my parts and plumbing still work.

This week they work, anyhow. :thumbsup:
Just wait, Give it a little time you young whipper snapper

Bison

Threads
"5 foot square lawn.....???" I have to mow 5 acres of lawn.
That would be big enough to start a goat farm.:wink:
There's no way i would waste my time to mow 5 acre with a lawn tractor.:rolleyes:
But mebbe you use a push mower to kill time.:tongue:

But then...i ain't retired and have nuttin else to do like you:laughing:
I'm 61 and still run my 1800 acre ranch,i would be going nuts when doing nothing:confused2:
I would prob load the .22 and......

cubby

Threads
Sorry you feel that way, been retired since late 2002, just turned 60 last week, and I still feel great and all my parts and plumbing still work.

This week they work, anyhow. :thumbsup:

JD I'm 55, been a mechanic all my life mostly heavy equipment. Every day I wake up and something
else hurts. Getting stiffer too but I keep at it. Just hope I see retirement.:smile:

By the way how did you guys get to retire early? , Oh yeah thats right I live in New Jersey...duh:laughing:
....cubby

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Sooo..... i am my own boss (farmer)never needed to drive cause i live at my work,i call all shots everyday,no employees either.

Does that mean for me i have to go work as a employee for some outfit in order to be "retired" :laughing:

What does it mean to "Retire"
What do you "retired" guys do all day besides mowing your 5 square foot lawn and yap on this forum :confused2:
The clue is in the word "Retired" - I.E. A person who is done with work and is taking life easy (or at least I would be).

So yeah, mowing a 5 square foot lawn and yapping on the forum, you got it to a tee :laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
JD I'm 55, been a mechanic all my life mostly heavy equipment. Every day I wake up and something
else hurts. Getting stiffer too but I keep at it. Just hope I see retirement.:smile:

By the way how did you guys get to retire early? , Oh yeah thats right I live in New Jersey...duh:laughing:
....cubby

Wife and I worked for the state here, usual retirement deal is 30 years of service at age 55, back in 1997 and 2002 they had early retirement deals where if your age and years of service equaled 80 (like 50 years old with 30 years in) they gave you retirement with a pension bonus. When they offered the one in '97 neither of us qualified but we began working as much OT as possible and investing a large part of our pay in the hopes they would offer another early out deal down the road, and when they did in 2002 we both qualified and because of all the saving and sacrificing we did over 5 years we could afford to leave.

BTW for my 31 years with the state I was a truck driver/delivery man/warehouseman/mover/carpenter/handyman who did heavy work much of the day and I got used to hurting so even at my age I am just used to it.

173abn

Threads
wow Bison,did'nt mean to punch your sore spot.Being RETIRED means for me not having to face down DRUNKS,CRACKHEADS,METH HEADS,COKE HEADS,and various other kinds of addictions and afflications.I do what I want now living in the country yes cutting my grass ,building fence, rehabbing my barn tending my garden and various other kinds of hard labor.And lets not forget hanging around on the computer just like YOU...russ

Walleteater1

Threads
I'll give you humor. My fiance slapping me in the back of the head when she asked me what I was doing on the computer and I told her I was here checking out the Hustler and Snapper forum.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I'll give you humor. My fiance slapping me in the back of the head when she asked me what I was doing on the computer and I told her I was here checking out the Hustler and Snapper forum.
Somebody give this guy a drum roll, please! :laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Somebody give this guy a drum roll, please! :laughing:

RUMMA-TUM-TIMPA-RUMMA-TUMTUM.....what is so freaking funny?

Why would he be online looking at card sharp, pool player, and fish forums.....???