Repairs How to remove carb. on a Toro 21" rear bagger

trooper1954

Threads
Thanks Engineman,

All done, plus replaced fuel lines and filter, and changed oil for good measure. Just about to see if it will start!!!!:laughing:

trooper1954

Threads
BTW, does anyone know what the compression should be on this mower?
Thanks

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have a manual on this one, but would say somewhere around 120psi would be fine.

trooper1954

Threads
:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: Well....all back together, new fuel, 30 weight oil, new fuel filter and lines. Will start but runs like the choke's on, and then dies. After two pulls to try and restart, the plug is soaked. New plug? It's the only thing I haven't changed, but it seems to be a fuel problem still :-(
BTW, thanks for the help and your patience with this....what do I do now??:confused2:

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did you do the carb..?

trooper1954

Threads
yep...as per your instructions and the diagram. Perhaps the carb needs to be adjusted or I somehow didn't hook it up correctly....seemed fairly straight forward but......

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
And what about a good spark, try a new one just to see if that would work, and recheck th carb. did you do a compression test in the end, and what was it.

trooper1954

Threads
No...didn't do a compression test yet....that will be next on my list. I'm thinking that maybe I did something wrong when I re-installed the carb.....maybe something is loose and sucking air....anyhow I'm going to take another look and make sure the choke lever/butterfly is working as it should, and that all lines are tight. the gaskets all looked good but maybe I should have changed them anyhow. I'll try a new plug as well.
Cheers

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If the float is set too high you can run rich... :smile:KennyV

trooper1954

Threads
Thanks KennyV,

All I did was remove the float jet and clean it....made sure the hole was free from obstruction, and then re-assembled....how do I alter the setting??