Repairs How to remove carb. on a Toro 21" rear bagger

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There should be a tab on the float, where it contacts the needle valve, a slight bend at that point will have a big effect on fuel level...
I'm assuming that the carb is similar to the illustrated parts break down that, pugaltitude linked in post #7....
BTW when bending the tab, Do Not apply pressure to the needle & it's seat... :smile:KennyV

trooper1954

Threads
I've disassembled and re-assembled everything....doesn't seem to be anything untoward. Now, the mower starts, and immediately revs extremely high for a few seconds and then dies. Any ideas??
Thanks.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've disassembled and re-assembled everything....doesn't seem to be anything untoward. Now, the mower starts, and immediately revs extremely high for a few seconds and then dies. Any ideas??
Thanks.

Check your carb linkage, especially the governor linkage.
There should be a small spring that pulls the throttle wide open, and the governor should counter act that springs pull once the engine starts... :smile:KennyV

trooper1954

Threads
Check your carb linkage, especially the governor linkage.
There should be a small spring that pulls the throttle wide open, and the governor should counter act that springs pull once the engine starts... :smile:KennyV

Hi KennyV,

Both linkages look fine...there is a very fine spring on the rear linkage that hooks into the same hole as the linkage itself. Is that right? If so, all seems to be well but the problem remains:thumbdown:

trooper1954

Threads
Yes...it looks exactly as shown. I've attached a few pics. Don't want to try messing with the governor in case I take on more than I can handle.:frown:

Attachments

• LAWNMOWER CARB..jpg
    LAWNMOWER CARB..jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0058.jpg
    DSCF0058.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0056.jpg
    DSCF0056.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 9

trooper1954

Threads
Just a thought:rolleyes:
Is it possible that I've put the fuel filter back the wrong way round? When I blew air through it from either side the air passes through, but perhaps that doesn't mean it can work in either direction?
Thanks....still struggling with this:thumbdown:

trooper1954

Threads
Just two more questions:smile:

1. Which end of this fuel filter should be towards the carb? Not very clear in the diagram

2. Does the break in the nipple attached to the gas tank explain my problem?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF0060.jpg
    DSCF0060.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0059.jpg
    DSCF0059.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 8

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pic is not that clear, but I say that bottom right should go to tank, and yes you do have a problem with the tank outlet, if you can't fix it by replacing it, you would have to fit new tank.

trooper1954

Threads
Thanks Engineman,

At almost $60 for a new tank I don't think I'll be replacing it. It seems a shame after all this effort but that's life I guess. Thanks everyone for your help...I'm off to the dump!!!:mad: