How important is color?

noodle

Threads
i do not really care to much about the color of the mower because I want reliability. My partner however does not want an "ugly" mower... what ever that means... how important is color when you pick out a mower?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
With most 'mowers' being made by one or two places, about the only differance from one to the next is color and the various different names they stick on them... You are going to have to really look close at what you are buying and justify the term "reliability" to yourself...

color is fun to look at, so pick a color that you like looking at as you may be looking at it not working at times and the only joy you will have then is ...how 'good' it looks ...:smile:KennyV

DakotaMM

Threads
I like things that are colorful still I would not care what color the mower is as long is it is not orange. I do not know what it is about the color orange... it just freaks me out.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I like oranges and Kubotas happily are orange... And I LOVE my Kubota L4200 Tractor AND my Kubota powered ZTR mower (but it's yellow) ...:smile:KennyV

Hoss

Threads
How important is color? Would you want a pink riding mower? I know I wouldn't. Since I'm working the earth when I'm out there, John Deere green or brown is the best.

Wayne195

Threads
Color certanly dosen't affect the quality of the mower( as some people seem to think ). Bit I like my orange Gravely.

Attachments

• memory stick stuff 045.jpg
    memory stick stuff 045.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 9
  • memory stick stuff 044.jpg
    memory stick stuff 044.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 8

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Color is not at all important to me but I'm one of those "form follows function" guys. You may consider a lighter color a little cooler (temperature) on a hot bright summer day. Other than that, I think you should be the one to make the mower purchase decision and let your partner paint the house:eek: or decorate the living room.

noodle

Threads
Ah, I can see why having a lighter color would be good when it come to the very hot days so you would not attract so much heat. Very practical thinking there.

KDL

Threads
I am a firm believer that color has nothing to really do with quality of a mower, I mean worse case scenario, you could always repaint it a color you want.

linda4

Threads
To me color is not important at all. The first thing I look for is value in the piece of equipment. The second thing I look for is value with respect to the purchase price.