Help finding the right replacement belt?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
As a professional I only buy and install OEM spec'd belts from good distributors; not some will fit belt. When I first started I tried using those will fit belts. Even one my former distributors was sending after market that were not the correct size even though they claimed them to be correct lengths. Needless to say I no longer buy belts from them.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Buying off EvilPay or Ammozone is always a lucky dip
General rule is only buy stuff there that is BRANDED and the maker is listed in the add .
Reputable makers have lawyers who troll there sites & check the vendors off against customer lists to try and reduce the number of fake products out there
The check the other products, which is a better thing than feed back
If they are selling everything from condoms to prams then they are salvage / disposal sites and a better than average chance the stuff they are selling is defective quality control rejects, bought as scrap & resold as a good product.
And if they are selling prams & condoms , then that sort of tells a story .
OTOH is they are selling nothing but belts, or outdoor equipment parts then a good chance they are ligitimate mower parts vendors.
I get daily spam from Asia boasing that they can get me 100 good feedback on all my ebay sales ( for a small fee ) and they actually can do it .

Hustler27

Threads
Purchased one and it just arrived, but I must not be doing something right. Got the belt on. It's tight, but should be right? Hence the tension pulley?

Anyway, when I turn the engine on, the deck belt is starting up with it. The level to engage the blades doesn't seem to be doing anything. They seem stuck on. Any ideas?

Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Slip the deck off & take a photo of the belt run
Almost guarantee you have it wrong but too hard to describe in words
Photo will have to be sent to your computer and resize 12" @ 72 dpi or it will be too big for the server.
JPG,s upload as photos. PDF's upload as documents .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Inspect the electric clutch as it may have part of a kevlar cord jammed it causing it to stay engaged. Either that or you have a clutch bearing failure.

Hustler27

Threads
Slip the deck off & take a photo of the belt run
Almost guarantee you have it wrong but too hard to describe in words
Photo will have to be sent to your computer and resize 12" @ 72 dpi or it will be too big for the server.
JPG,s upload as photos. PDF's upload as documents .
Not sure how to take the deck off, but I'll see what I can do for a photo. Harder part will probably be getting it sized so I can post it. :)

Hustler27

Threads
Inspect the electric clutch as it may have part of a kevlar cord jammed it causing it to stay engaged. Either that or you have a clutch bearing failure.
Any easy way to get under the plastic cover with the cup holders etc.? My immediate thought was to try to follow from the lever down, but I'm not sure how to get my eyes in/under there. And what would I look for?

Last edited:

Hustler27

Threads
TeBh35b.jpg

SJBouQs.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The belt is on correctly.

Hustler27

Threads
+1 for me!

So what do I look for next to figure out why it spins up when I start the engine with the deck blades not engaged? Seems like something is preventing it from disengaging possibly.

Thanks.