Help finding the right replacement belt?

Hustler27

Threads
OK
Your electric clutch is gone to heaven
Confirm by removing the belt and watch the deck drive pulley while some one else cranks the engine
If the pulley turns with the PTO turned off then either the switch-wiring is bad or the PTO clutch itself is bad
Unplug the clutch and repeat test
Pulley still spins = dead clutch
Pulley does not spin = wiring problem
Let us know what you find
This seems like a solid plan. I will do this asap.

Start of dumb questions...
- Is this a specific pulley that I need to look up to figure out or is this applicable to any on the mower deck (Or is this on the engine itself?)
- Will unplugging the clutch become obvious if I take off the plastic housing where the lever to engage the mower blades is mounted?

Hustler27

Threads
Probably just horrible non-technical vocabulary choices by me, sorry. If we are talking about the pulley right under the engine, I'll go give that a gander and see if anything looks visibly wrong there. (Some belt wrapped in there, something that looks damaged etc.). Thanks.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look at the parts drawing that @StarTech put up on page 3. Do you see the electric pigtail going to the electric clutch?
Have you consulted your operators manual?

Hustler27

Threads
Help me with where to unplug the pto so that I can test starting it without it connected.

6OMU0dl.jpg

6FZHZJt.jpg

Hustler27

Threads
Am I looking for #12 in the diagram?

Hustler27

Threads
So now I am really confused
Unless the Raptors you get in the USA are different to the ones we get in OZ it should have an electric clutch on the PTO to power the blades
You keep mentioning a "lever" signifing a manual PTO engagement
This I have never seen except on old Dixons & current bottom end Husqvarnas & McCullochs
Feel like posting some model & serial numbers so we can make sure we are all singing from the same song sheet ?
Sorry. I have a red...I don't know. It's like what you have to shoot the ball in pinball??? Pull up and it sort of clicks and the blades engage. Push back down and it sort of clicks again and the blades disengage, except it's not doing that since the belt blew up.

Hustler27

Threads
Okay. Found the electrical on the other side. Wife was able to get her arm in there and remove the wires. Blades still spun up with the engine.

Hustler27

Threads
So call the dealer where I purchased the mower and see if they can get a new clutch for me? Ballpark idea on the cost? If I don't have a torque wrench, is it a better idea to buy a torque wrench and replace it myself, or find someone to help me haul the mower there to have them replace it for me?

Thanks for all of the help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The electric cable is pointed by the red arrow.
1662857768986.png

This is where the cable is plugged into. Note has a catch on it that will need to be undone.
1662857645061.png

Side note: you are due for a drive belt replaced. Also that little 2 inch flat idler should be replaced at the same time.

Hustler27

Threads
:) Okay. I'll have to go look again. I didn't find anything on that side of the pto. I found that plug on the other side, but I don't think that little pig tail wire was the one we unplugged.