Engine Fuel Stabilizer?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes you do have to dump it. Just causes more problems and experienced this myself with Shell regular gas. I had better success using stabilizer with Shell regular than not using stabilizer. Now K100 is supposed to bring old gas back to life from what I read on it.

Old gas is perfectly alright to burn in your engine and it wont blow anything up. The thing that makes gas burn or should I say the reason it burns is because of its volatility, a term used to describe how easily and under what conditions the gas vaporizes so it can be efficiently burned, the older the gas the less volatile it is but that does not mean it wont burn it just means it wont be as efficient in what your trying to run it in other word your engine probably will not run at peak performance but its still gonna start and run and the thing you have to remember is the fact and Carscw probably knows were not running a race car were running a lawn mower. If you have old gas in your mower tank and you add new it's only going to improve what there, it solves it own problem just by topping off the tank. You don't have to dump it out.

itguy08

Threads
So the winter is over and there is a full tank of gas in my snowblower.

Where are you in PA that winter is over? In central PA they are saying a few inches possible Monday. I'd keep the gas in there in case we get a storm and put it away in the middle of April.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Both of mine are in my non climate controlled shed... With about half a tank in both ill start them up end of April

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Iv seen it on both sides.
Some fuels last a month and some last longer without additives.
It depends on what conditions its left in.
What you have to watch out for though is fuels are blended for different times of the month.
A summer blend is less volatile than winter a blend.
So summer fuel in winter wont have enough ooomph and winter fuel in summer would have too much.
All depends on temp.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes you do have to dump it. Just causes more problems and experienced this myself with Shell regular gas. I had better success using stabilizer with Shell regular than not using stabilizer. Now K100 is supposed to bring old gas back to life from what I read on it.

It wasn't the old gas that caused your problem. If your using regular/87 octane it's the wrong gas for most equipment. Most all manufacturers recommend at least mid -grade/89 in all types of lawn equipment. Everything I use, mowers included sees nothing less than premium gas/93 octane.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
It wasn't the old gas that caused your problem. If your using regular/87 octane it's the wrong gas for most equipment. Most all manufacturers recommend at least mid -grade/89 in all types of lawn equipment. Everything I use, mowers included sees nothing less than premium gas/93 octane.

Mid to premium gas shortens the life of small engines from what I was I told.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mid to premium gas shortens the life of small engines from what I was I told.

Again... Any octane will run and power and make your engine wear. What causes short engine life is dirty filter, dirty o**, beating the machine to **** and exposing it to the elements .