Fr731v Starts but dies suddenly

Hardluck

Threads
Thanks for all of the great replies.
I have ran a wire directly from the battery to the solenoid and got the same results and the same humming and clicking noise from the solenoid. I'm trying to find some new fuel line but doik ow what the correct size it I bought some it was too small OD and very thin wall , it would probably work but I think the thicker wall would be better. I need some fuel line to add a shut off as my mower doesn't have one. ( Cheap Badboy) Not inexpensive but cheap! My new solenoid shouldn't be in by Friday. I am hoping

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
should be 1/4" Internal diameter.. Auto parts stores will usually sell it by the foot.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Should only click once when you turn it on and once again when you turn it off
Check the ground connection as it is often done through a flimsy screw in the heat shield
Remove it and check that it snaps on & off.
Debris builds up inside the plunger that stops them retracting properly
Also check the mowers main ground wire .
I use a 9 Volt transistor battery ( pinched from my volt meter ) to test them

Hardluck

Threads
Thank you.
How do I check the ground? This only has 1 wire , hot, going to the solenoid,,

Hardluck

Threads
The ground from the battery is good.

Freddie21

Threads
Remove the solenoid. There should be a spring plunger arm on the inside of it. Some have a rubber black cap. Should move freely. For test purposes, clip the small arm off. This will disable the solenoid function of shutting off fuel when the power is turned off. Reinstall and do not connect the power to it. Run the engine and see if it makes a difference. If it does, you can run the engine this way until you can order a replacement solenoid.
Also, if it has not bee suggested, loosen the gas cap.

takeflight12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does this motor have a low oil sensor on it? I have seen that on small engines that start and then stop almost immediately

packy51

Threads
I am apply for help again as I can not get my Kawasaki to stay running.

i have:

Changed the fuel ,drained the tank 3 times
changed Spark plugs , They are getting fire
changed the fuel pump. it is pumping fuel
Cleaned or changed the the air filters
Cleaned the carburetor.
Checked the safety switches , they are working are the engine won't turn over (correct)

I hate to beg but I am very desperate for help. If there is a better site to get help please let me know. I am in my mid 70's a not as capable at repairs as I used to be and or I would push mow it if I could

Thank you, All ideas and suggestion are greatly appreciated .
I would look on YouTube. There are many videos out there on issues dealing with the FR series Kawasaki. From what I've seen, it appoears that the FR series is not one of Kawasaki's best lines. I have found many of these videos very helpful. I have an FR651 with no issues but it only has 200 hrs so far and hope it stays that way.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
I am apply for help again as I can not get my Kawasaki to stay running.

i have:

Changed the fuel ,drained the tank 3 times
changed Spark plugs , They are getting fire
changed the fuel pump. it is pumping fuel
Cleaned or changed the the air filters
Cleaned the carburetor.
Checked the safety switches , they are working are the engine won't turn over (correct)

I hate to beg but I am very desperate for help. If there is a better site to get help please let me know. I am in my mid 70's a not as capable at repairs as I used to be and or I would push mow it if I could

Thank you, All ideas and suggestion are greatly appreciated .
When a small engine quits suddenly, it is often spark not fuel. The Kawasaki 's most often have a trigger on the side of the block easily replaced which can be intermittent. you can buy a cheap inline spark neon bulb to watch if the spark disappears when it quits.