Ferris Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Nightwind15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Ferris Owner Check-In --- Read This First!S

Stephen Armstrong Decatur, AL.
Just bought a 2013 IS 3000Z with the Kawasaki 37HP. Engine. I will comment more on it after it is delivered next week. I have owned a Swisher 66", a Great Dane, a Bush Hog 58" and a Gravely 48" in years past. This mower actually has me excited. I will let you know how it goes and if the love affair with the IS is real. Buying is sight unseen but really like the thought of the suspension and EFI Kawasaki brute motor.

sduncan000

Threads
Well I bought it! Ended up getting a great deal on what I think is a great mower for me. Hopefully it will last me a long time. The first real cut is tonight!

Congrats and have fun!

jrapp

Threads
I have to say that I am pretty impressed with this mower (1500 w/ 26 hp briggs) I cut my yard and then went to cut some more at my in-laws. My father in law has a old farmall tractor with a belly mower that has been acting up so he has not cut in over a month. His grass was about a foot or more in some areas. The 1500 made pretty quick work of it. I did not go full speed but went quicker than normal and the cut was clean and nice. I had to go over the clippings so there was not a lot left in the walking areas. But I was impressed. I have had the mower for a week and put 2.6 hours on it so far. I'm very happy with my choice so far!

sduncan000

Threads
I have to say that I am pretty impressed with this mower (1500 w/ 26 hp briggs) I cut my yard and then went to cut some more at my in-laws. My father in law has a old farmall tractor with a belly mower that has been acting up so he has not cut in over a month. His grass was about a foot or more in some areas. The 1500 made pretty quick work of it. I did not go full speed but went quicker than normal and the cut was clean and nice. I had to go over the clippings so there was not a lot left in the walking areas. But I was impressed. I have had the mower for a week and put 2.6 hours on it so far. I'm very happy with my choice so far!

That has been my experience as well - When I get a bit lazy and 'forget' to cut for a while, this tool enables my laziness :)

Slc Chris

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys just picked up a 2013 52" evolution last week. Who else has one?? Any problems we might expect? Only problem so far the knee pads literally fell off the first day!!

clpolcar

Threads
I am new to using a zero turn. Always have loved ferris mowers. I've always wanted one. Ended up buying at is600z. It was all I needed. Its got the 48 inch deck with the Kawasaki engine. I can't wait to use it when the weather breaks here in Cleveland Ohio. Only cut a few lawns a week and she will be more then perfect for my needs

ForumRunner_20140327_130239.png

bucken

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also new to zero turn. Always felt that if I ever got one, it would be a Ferris. Finally picked one up at a local auction. Only 500+ hours. Is that good? An IS4000Z, KAV27, 61" deck, with Trac Vac 1060 unit included. No owner's or engine manual. Now trying to learn as much as I can to take proper care of it. For example, I still haven't discovered where you drain the oil. And how do you use the left and right tanks?

ColtLyles

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, my name is Colt and I have owned my Ferris IS2000Z mower for almost 2 years now. Best mower I have ever had and I hoping to purchase another real soon. I own a small lawn care business in my hometown in SC. :smile:
Right now its not wanting to fire up & it looks electrical, I'm working on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 247289_10150204653833460_1878138_n.jpg
    247289_10150204653833460_1878138_n.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 22

MoGoSlow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, my name is Robert and I have a Ferris Pro cut 61 with a 27hp Kohler engine. I am wondering what type of hydraulic fluid should I use for the Hydro drive transmission.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Robert...
Yor HydroGear system uses 20w50 Engine oil, synthetic like Mobil1 would be the best. After a change you will need to purge any air in the system, this youtube from hydrogear shows the procedure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFgt0GgjNg
:smile:KennyV