Ferris Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

ferrisbestyet

Threads
Glad to be here, today, I became a Ferris owner. Just dropped a a bundle on a 2015 IS3200. Looking forward to mowing season.
I give you a A+ for smarts ,, Great choice,,,,,,You will love your Ferris as I and other Ferris owners do,,,This mower is a tank (smile) H A N D

Birddog55

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ferries bogs down under load

first time posting on this site. I have a ferris is4000 when driving up hill or any other load mower bogs down. In the past mower automatically adjusted to increased load. Other than this recent prob. mower has. Been great. I mow about 4acres of rolling hills. This is a real problem if anybody out there has experienced this or knows anything about it please help.

ferrisbestyet

Threads
Re: Ferries bogs down under load

first time posting on this site. I have a ferris is4000 when driving up hill or any other load mower bogs down. In the past mower automatically adjusted to increased load. Other than this recent prob. mower has. Been great. I mow about 4acres of rolling hills. This is a real problem if anybody out there has experienced this or knows anything about it please help.
Having No Background on the Engine, I Suggest you First Reset the Governor,,,,

Seneca SS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings from the Finger Lakes of NY

just bought a new IS700ZB2752 but it snowed today so I didn't pick it up with the sloppy NY Roads--I:mad: NY weather

ferrisbestyet

Threads
Re: Greetings from the Finger Lakes of NY

just bought a new IS700ZB2752 but it snowed today so I didn't pick it up with the sloppy NY Roads--I:mad: NY weather
Congrats great choice We are under water down here in the south has been rain for a month Hope you all thaw out ,,,,,,Thanks for the note this is a great site with great guys & gals on it... frank Shreveport la retired (74) riding my Ferris and loving it

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/asset.php?fid=20030&uid=53550&d=1422821573http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/asset.php?fid=20031&uid=53550&d=1422821639

Seneca SS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Greetings from the Finger Lakes of NY

Congrats great choice We are under water down here in the south has been rain for a month Hope you all thaw out ,,,,,,Thanks for the note this is a great site with great guys & gals on it... frank Shreveport la retired (74) riding my Ferris and loving it

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/asset.php?fid=20030&uid=53550&d=1422821573http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/asset.php?fid=20031&uid=53550&d=1422821639

My sister lives in Monroe !!!!!

rmccutchan

Forum Newbie
Threads
OOPS....I didn't check in here before I started posting. :ashamed:

Anyway, I picked up a IS 700Z with a 61" deck and the Briggs Commercial Turf 27hp in December (end of year sale), and I'm anxious to get going!! I have about 5-6 acres with 29 duplex units on it, so I'm confident this will be a good mower for the properties. I've seen all the Briggs bashing all over the internet, but I don't believe most, or any, of it. The dealer really like the new Briggs motor, and with proper maintenance, it should give me a lot of years of good service. The dealer also says the cyclonic filter is doing an amazing job too, which will add life to the engine.

sduncan000

Threads
and with proper maintenance, it should give me a lot of years of good service. The dealer also says the cyclonic filter is doing an amazing job too, which will add life to the engine.
You got it. That is point number 1 (or even Zero!) - Proper routine maintenance will make any (normal) machine last longer!
Oh, and shame on you for not 'checking in'!

ferrisbestyet

Threads
OOPS....I didn't check in here before I started posting. :ashamed:

Anyway, I picked up a IS 700Z with a 61" deck and the Briggs Commercial Turf 27hp in December (end of year sale), and I'm anxious to get going!! I have about 5-6 acres with 29 duplex units on it, so I'm confident this will be a good mower for the properties. I've seen all the Briggs bashing all over the internet, but I don't believe most, or any, of it. The dealer really like the new Briggs motor, and with proper maintenance, it should give me a lot of years of good service. The dealer also says the cyclonic filter is doing an amazing job too, which will add life to the engine.
Nothing wrong with the briggs,,,I have been running briggs for years ,,Keep the oil changed and the air filter clean, See if you can find gas with no ethanol in it, ,I have run the old Briggs engine's for years ,They had NO oil pumps or oil filters (old splash system) to lub inner working ,,,You will get more negative talk on the Briggs because there are thousands more engines out here that the others,,,More people get killed with 22 rim fire guns,,,,Why? Because there is more of them, Not because they are a powerful bullet .Also if you ever need parts or repair it will be a lot cheaper than the Rice runners , PS Let your engine idle for about 5 minutes before you cut it off ,after a hard and long run of cutting ,This lets the engine cool down a bit before you cut it off hot,,,,,The new commercial Briggs have a pressurized oil system,,,,cast iron sleeves, oil filter,,, and the new cyclonic air filter.... One tuff mean grass eating machine ,, (smile O! and Yes GOD and Ferris don't make no junk

Last edited:

ktrails

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings from Lacey's Spring, AL. I have never paid more than $400 for a push mower, but we moved to the country, and we've got hills out here, and my knee and back aren't getting any younger, so I figured it was time to go with the riding mower... Just didn't like the lack of leg room on a traditional riding mower (I'm 6'6"), so I started looking at zero turns - most are laid out with a lot more leg room. The eXmark Quest s-series and the Bad Boy ZT Elite were in the running until I saw a Ferris IS700ZT, and, well, that primal feeling, sort of hard to describe...

But, I have approx. 1/2 acre of lawn right now, with plans to take that up to 1 acre, and perhaps another acre of meadow. So this is probably massive overkill... Still, I don't want to be sorry with the purchase of something I'll keep for a long time.

So my real question is: is it better to have a larger deck on a smaller unit (e.g. a 48" deck on a IS600Z) or a smaller deck on a larger unit (52" deck on a IS700Z). Honestly, I imagine the IS600Z is fine for getting the job done, so I would guess it is a question of maneuverability versus having enough engine not to bog down on cutting a meadow?

I'd be grateful for your thoughts!