ENGINE OIL

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess we agree to disagree on oil. We could just go on for ever when it comes to oil.

I don't agree or disagree, I just use what the manufacturer says to use and do what they say to do. I just figure they know more about there engines and how to maintain them than we do.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll use what ever brand is on sale at napa, and whatever the manual says to use for thickness.

In my cars my truck gets whatever jiffy lube puts in it they have the computer(yes I know jiffy lube is a sin, but I watch them work and double check before I leave. It's a business expence) my jeep is old beat to death and doesn't have much life left in it. I use high milage conventional 10w30 what ever is on sale. And my new car after I eventually rebuild it I am going to run the conventional5w30 unfilled after break in. After that I will run syenthetic Mobil 1 10w30

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'll use what ever brand is on sale at napa, and whatever the manual says to use for thickness.

In my cars my truck gets whatever jiffy lube puts in it they have the computer(yes I know jiffy lube is a sin, but I watch them work and double check before I leave. It's a business experience) my jeep is old beat to death and doesn't have much life left in it. I use high mileage conventional 10w30 what ever is on sale. And my new car after I eventually rebuild it I am going to run the conventional5w30 unfilled after break in. After that I will run synthetic Mobil 1 10w30

I think the reason people like to use the synthetic in mowers is because it makes them feel special, kinda makes it feel like someone one is patting them on the back so to speak. Now I understand that the auto industry has come a long way in the use of synthetic oils and after all that's what it was developed for. I really don't have any idea what's even in my truck because Like I said before I haven't changed the oil in 30 years, I let Ford take care of that when the computer in the truck say so. The wife's car runs a synthetic but that's what it calls for because it's a Turbo so it uses 0w40 and the schedule changes for it depends on how its drove.

X-man

Threads
I take my Chrysler Cirrus to an oil change place every 3000 miles. I think it has mobil 1 high mileage in it, I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that it takes 5W-30.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just make sure to double check after they are done I've heard far to many stories of the techs forgetting things or not putting enough oil in etc

X-man

Threads
Just make sure to double check after they are done I've heard far to many stories of the techs forgetting things or not putting enough oil in etc

They walk in the lobby w/ the dipstick to show you that they put the new oil in it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
They walk in the lobby w/ the dipstick to show you that they put the new oil in it.

Ok cool. Still double check they didn't tighten my oil filter all the way once puddle of oil on the ground told me. My friends car was destroyed because they forgot to put the plug back in all the way and it fell out somewhere on the road ran it dry. So just keep checking

X-man

Threads
Ok cool. Still double check they didn't tighten my oil filter all the way once puddle of oil on the ground told me. My friends car was destroyed because they forgot to put the plug back in all the way and it fell out somewhere on the road ran it dry. So just keep checking

Well...:rolleyes:

As far as my chrysler goes, I ain't too worried about it since I'm getting rid of it pretty soon. Floorboards are rusting out big time, so I want to get rid of it before I end up having a Fred Flintstone adventure. :laughing:

Just the other day I bought a 1996 Ford Taurus. It's in really nice shape, actually just recently passed a safety inspection test.

Only thing that scares me about it is that it has approx. 218,000 miles on it. My 1995 Cirrus only has 79,400.

Last edited:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
A Ford with over 200k miles. Must have been rebuilt at some point or is due....