ENGINE OIL

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The oil filter cleans the debris out of the oil, the oil cleans & lubricates the engine.

If your oil isn't black after 5000 miles, your oil isn't doing a very good job at cleaning the engine.

My vehicles are gas engines not diesels. My oil never turns black. It stays a tan color.

X-man

Threads
Very easy to understand. What part don't you understand? Oil in a diesel engine is almost like black ink.

Oil in a diesel engine turns black the moment you start it due to piston blow-by.

Oil in a gasoline engine gradually turns black as you drive it.

I'd be freaking the **** out if after a 5000 mile oil change my oil wasn't black in color.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oil in a diesel engine turns black the moment you start it due to piston blow-by.

I'd be freaking the **** out if after a 5000 mile oil change my oil wasn't black in color.

Change to Ams oil, will be a new experience for you.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

His oil doesn't turn black because it's not really oil. It's a lubricant made from chemical compounds that are artificial and to use it in a lawn mower, there are just no gains to justify the extra cost. Especially for someone who is in business and has multiple mowers that need frequent oil changes.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
His oil doesn't turn black because it's not really oil. It's a lubricant made from chemical compounds that are artificial and to use it in a lawn mower, there are just no gains to justify the extra cost. Especially for someone who is in business and has multiple mowers that need frequent oil changes.

More time running the mowers and much less time changing oil. More time making money less time spending money, justifies Ams Oil. On top of that you get many more hours running time before you need a engine over haul. No extra cost because less oil changes making more run time with better gas mileage. Just try it on one of your mowers and you will see a big advantage. Things have come a long ways in lubrications so get with the modern times of today. Try it you will like it, its 2014 not 1950 anymore.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
More time running the mowers and much less time changing oil. More time making money less time spending money, justifies Ams Oil. On top of that you get many more hours running time before you need a engine over haul. No extra cost because less oil changes making more run time with better gas mileage. Just try it on one of your mowers and you will see a big advantage. Things have come a long ways in lubrications so get with the modern times of today. Try it you will like it, its 2014 not 1950 anymore.

No, that's where you're wrong. Extending oil changes because you are using a synthetic should not be done. Every manufacturer of lawn mower engines and others warns people not to do that, it's a misconception.
Your oil in a mower at 50 hours regardless of type is going to be dirty and need to be changed. Synthetic oil was developed for use in an automobile. Go ahead and change your synthetic in your car or truck along with a new air filter and drive it down the road a 100 miles and return and check your air filter and see what you find, probably very little if any dirt or debris, now do the same to your mower, run it for a day and see what you find.
You'll find dirt, dust, grass and god only knows what and my guess is the air filter isn't catching all of what goes in and guess where it goes. I'm sorry but your claims like the oil company's are not justified when it comes to a lawn mower, a car maybe. Frequent oil and oil filter changes with a good detergent oil to your mower engine is the best way to keep a clean well working engine.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess we agree to disagree on oil. We could just go on for ever when it comes to oil.