ECHO VS HUSQVARNA

dhd

Threads
We have an older Husqvarna trimmer and a newer Echo Pas 230 with about five attachments.
The Echo is our go to trimmer because of the quick attachment feature, I bought an extra line trimmer attachment,
so that when the line runs out, we can just remove and replace the trimmer attachment rather than reload string while we're in the middle of a trimming job.
Save the string reloading for a rainy day. We also got a blade attachment for light brush and heavy weeds, the chain saw extension, for tree limb trimming.
Looking to get the paddle sweeper attachment next to take care of the gravel in the grass from the winter's snow removal.
The ability to change out attachments rather than being stuck with just a trimmer, makes our Echo PAS 230 a much more valuable tool.

boostedwolfe

Threads
You are correct, but it does mean that the company will stand behind their product longer. Echo has emerged as a leader in innovations in the market and we have found that the number which come in for repairs is less than any other brand. We sell Echo and Stihl, and in the past three years Echo is our top seller for that reason.

Sounds like you have used Echo for a long time with little to no problems and if there were problems, Echo stands behind their products longer.

Where is your place located?

boostedwolfe

Threads
We have an older Husqvarna trimmer and a newer Echo Pas 230 with about five attachments.
The Echo is our go to trimmer because of the quick attachment feature, I bought an extra line trimmer attachment,
so that when the line runs out, we can just remove and replace the trimmer attachment rather than reload string while we're in the middle of a trimming job.
Save the string reloading for a rainy day. We also got a blade attachment for light brush and heavy weeds, the chain saw extension, for tree limb trimming.
Looking to get the paddle sweeper attachment next to take care of the gravel in the grass from the winter's snow removal.
The ability to change out attachments rather than being stuck with just a trimmer, makes our Echo PAS 230 a much more valuable tool.

So instead of the SRM 225 you think I should push for the Pas 230 because it is a little more versatile with attachments?

dhd

Threads
So instead of the SRM 225 you think I should push for the Pas 230 because it is a little more versatile with attachments?

I don't know what your situation or needs are for a trimmer or other attachments.

For my situation the Echo PAS solved a big complaint I had with my older Husqvarna trimmer.

With my old Husqvarna trimmer, I could either run the trimmer head or a brush blade head, but to swap them out, it would take me about 15-20 minutes, and it always seems like the wrong head was installed when ever I was ready to use the Husqvarna. At times my wife might want to use the Husqvarna, and swapping trimmer heads was too complicated for her.

With the Echo PAS my wife can swap out an attachment in less than a minute. I have 3 trimmer heads, two loaded with the same size dia. line and one loaded with a much thinner dia. line.
The thinner line is used in an area around my in-laws modular home, it has plastic skirting that will damage easily if regular sized trimmer line is used.
The two heads loaded with the same size line is just so we never have to worry about loading new trimmer line during our trimming operation, just change out the attachment. We also have a brush blade head if the heavier trimmer line is too light for some trimming operations we may encounter.
The ProPruner (chainsaw on a pole) was an attachment I wasn't sure I'd use much, and I certainly did not want to purchase an expensive dedicated ProPruner with it's own power-head. The ProPrune attachment has worked out perfectly for us, we use it ever year, but only 2-3 times during that year. So an attachment made more sense than having dedicated ProPruner with it's own power-head (motor) to maintain.

Before I got my Echo PAS, I familiarize myself with all the possible attachments I thought I might use. I then selected a power head that could handle those attachments.
During the time frame I was looking at the Echo PAS, some of the attachments were not recommended for some of the smaller PAS power heads.
It seemed like the PAS 230 could handle all the available attachments I might be interested in at the time.

Another nice feature to consider. If an attachment ever becomes inoperable, that fairly inexpensive attachment is all you need to replace. Or if the power-head ever fails, a new replacement power-head with work with all of the attachments that you already possess.

I recommend to familiarize yourself with the different attachments available for the PAS and determine if you can justify more than just the one trimmer attachment.
If you can, than I'd be incline to say yes in regards to your question.
Instead of the SRM 225 I think you should push for the PAS because it is more versatile with attachments.

Edit.... I just noticed in your first post you mentioned you were looking for a blower also. One of the available Echo PAS attachments is a blower.

Last edited:

boostedwolfe

Threads
I don't know what your situation or needs are for a trimmer or other attachments.

For my situation the Echo PAS solved a big complaint I had with my older Husqvarna trimmer.

With my old Husqvarna trimmer, I could either run the trimmer head or a brush blade head, but to swap them out, it would take me about 15-20 minutes, and it always seems like the wrong head was installed when ever I was ready to use the Husqvarna. At times my wife might want to use the Husqvarna, and swapping trimmer heads was too complicated for her.

With the Echo PAS my wife can swap out an attachment in less than a minute. I have 3 trimmer heads, two loaded with the same size dia. line and one loaded with a much thinner dia. line.
The thinner line is used in an area around my in-laws modular home, it has plastic skirting that will damage easily if regular sized trimmer line is used.
The two heads loaded with the same size line is just so we never have to worry about loading new trimmer line during our trimming operation, just change out the attachment. We also have a brush blade head if the heavier trimmer line is too light for some trimming operations we may encounter.
The ProPruner (chainsaw on a pole) was an attachment I wasn't sure I'd use much, and I certainly did not want to purchase an expensive dedicated ProPruner with it's own power-head. The ProPrune attachment has worked out perfectly for us, we use it ever year, but only 2-3 times during that year. So an attachment made more sense than having dedicated ProPruner with it's own power-head (motor) to maintain.

Before I got my Echo PAS, I familiarize myself with all the possible attachments I thought I might use. I then selected a power head that could handle those attachments.
During the time frame I was looking at the Echo PAS, some of the attachments were not recommended for some of the smaller PAS power heads.
It seemed like the PAS 230 could handle all the available attachments I might be interested in at the time.

Another nice feature to consider. If an attachment ever becomes inoperable, that fairly inexpensive attachment is all you need to replace. Or if the power-head ever fails, a new replacement power-head with work with all of the attachments that you already possess.

I recommend to familiarize yourself with the different attachments available for the PAS and determine if you can justify more than just the one trimmer attachment.
If you can, than I'd be incline to say yes in regards to your question.
Instead of the SRM 225 I think you should push for the PAS because it is more versatile with attachments.

Edit.... I just noticed in your first post you mentioned you were looking for a blower also. One of the available Echo PAS attachments is a blower.

I had a base Ryobi trimmer and it maybe worked for about 2 months before the thing died and it stopped working. Home Depot charged us $60 to fix it :mad:
Eventually after they kept saying I would need to keep putting more money in to fix it every two weeks, I said I was done ever using Ryobi.

I have a lot of brush in my yard, as well as rough spots where I need to wake the ground back up. I also have way too many leaves that I know what to do with. Another problem are the neighbor's trees that just grow over my fence and ruin the yard.
I think I might have to go with this model for the attachments. I like the idea of swapping them back and forth. Instead of me going out and buying all new tools, this would definitely help me out.

I am in between The Husky/Echo comparison battle presently. I might be siding with the Echo.

dhd

Threads
I had a base Ryobi trimmer and it maybe worked for about 2 months before the thing died and it stopped working. Home Depot charged us $60 to fix it :mad:
Eventually after they kept saying I would need to keep putting more money in to fix it every two weeks, I said I was done ever using Ryobi.

I have a lot of brush in my yard, as well as rough spots where I need to wake the ground back up. I also have way too many leaves that I know what to do with. Another problem are the neighbor's trees that just grow over my fence and ruin the yard.
I think I might have to go with this model for the attachments. I like the idea of swapping them back and forth. Instead of me going out and buying all new tools, this would definitely help me out.

I am in between The Husky/Echo comparison battle presently. I might be siding with the Echo.

I believe Husqvarna and Stihl both have muti-purpose units similar to the Echo PAS.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
East of the Mississippi, west of Lake Michigan, south of Lake Superior and north of the noisy state. Hope that narrows it down.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The ryobi attachments will work on the husqvarna.
The echo is a little different.