ECHO VS HUSQVARNA

Mike88se

Threads
I just bought a new Husqvarna 224L. I used to use an Echo Srm 210. I have nothing but good things to say about the Echo but I love the 224L. Light, quiet, power enough and starts easily on 1 pull. I also have a Shindy T270. Its a beast... when it is running. Hard to find carb parts and heavy. Stay away from Ryobi, Poulan, Weedeater etc and you'll be fine.

boostedwolfe

Threads
I just bought a new Husqvarna 224L. I used to use an Echo Srm 210. I have nothing but good things to say about the Echo but I love the 224L. Light, quiet, power enough and starts easily on 1 pull. I also have a Shindy T270. Its a beast... when it is running. Hard to find carb parts and heavy. Stay away from Ryobi, Poulan, Weedeater etc and you'll be fine.

I learned my lesson once with Ryobi, never again :thumbdown:

So I have been seeing new ads for the PB-580H-T from Echo. Is that released yet and if so do I opt for that one?

I was looking on the Echo site at the PAS series. They have the PAS-225 Value Pack with the 21.2 cc motor that comes with the edger and trimmer for $299.99. How does that pair up against the PAS 230, just a cc difference?

dhd

Threads
I learned my lesson once with Ryobi, never again :thumbdown:

So I have been seeing new ads for the PB-580H-T from Echo. Is that released yet and if so do I opt for that one?

I was looking on the Echo site at the PAS series. They have the PAS-225 Value Pack with the 21.2 cc motor that comes with the edger and trimmer for $299.99. How does that pair up against the PAS 230, just a cc difference?

It's not just a cc difference, there is also what other Echo PAS attachments may be recommended for the PAS-225 compared to the PAS-230.
For instance the Pro Paddle, Pro Sweep, Pro Thatch and Straight Shaft Edger are recommended only for the PAS-230 and larger, at the present time.

boostedwolfe

Threads
It's not just a cc difference, there is also what other Echo PAS attachments may be recommended for the PAS-225 compared to the PAS-230.
For instance the Pro Paddle, Pro Sweep, Pro Thatch and Straight Shaft Edger are recommended only for the PAS-230 and larger, at the present time.

Ah I see the differences on the site now.. Sorry for being so difficult. I just want to get the best option for me. Before I ever buy anything, I get really extensive with research. I will most likely be purchasing tomorrow.

dhd

Threads
Ah I see the differences on the site now.. Sorry for being so difficult. I just want to get the best option for me. Before I ever buy anything, I get really extensive with research. I will most likely be purchasing tomorrow.

You're not being difficult.
I try and do a lot of research too, before purchasing.
I bought the PAS 230 rather than a smaller PAS thinking I may decide to get one of those more demanding attachments in the future, so far I've not gotten any.
Recently I thought I might get a Pro Paddle, but after researching I've decided against it. The Pro Paddle is $299 and at some point in time the rubber paddle assy. needs replacing which can run around $100. It's just not an attachment I'd use much.
So as it presently stands, I could have gotten the PAS 225 rather than the PAS 230 and probably been just as well off, but who knows what other attachments Echo may introduce in the future, and those few extra CCs probably does help a little when trimming becomes more demanding.
:confused3:

boostedwolfe

Threads
You're not being difficult.
I try and do a lot of research too, before purchasing.
I bought the PAS 230 rather than a smaller PAS thinking I may decide to get one of those more demanding attachments in the future, so far I've not gotten any.
Recently I thought I might get a Pro Paddle, but after researching I've decided against it. The Pro Paddle is $299 and at some point in time the rubber paddle assy. needs replacing which can run around $100. It's just not an attachment I'd use much.
So as it presently stands, I could have gotten the PAS 225 rather than the PAS 230 and probably been just as well off, but who knows what other attachments Echo may introduce in the future, and those few extra CCs probably does help a little when trimming becomes more demanding.
:confused3:

I am feeling like I might just have to side with you on this one. Although the PAS 225 VP would be good with the edger. They have some good attachments with that but if I do want to step up my game with it later, maybe I should just get the PAS230

Mike88se

Threads
Doesn't sound like you're being difficult. Its a good idea to put some thought into this. I didn't read whether you shopping for homeowner personal use but I'm guessing you are. In that case the PAS sounds good. For small time pro I think it would be a nice backup for the individual machines. For everyday pro use all that swapping would get old and make me feel like I was burning precious time.
Also you didn't mention or I missed the size of your work area. A back pack blower may be great on leaf cleanups but I rarely do leaf cleanups and the ones I have done my Hitachi hand held has been up to the task.
I do large estates to patio homes and that little Hitachi has been more than sufficient. I have tried a used PB770 and a new BT150 and decided there wasn't any more advantage to them than to my Hitachi. And my Hitachi is light and handy. Pick it up, give it a pull or two and off I go. Just a thought.

boostedwolfe

Threads
Doesn't sound like you're being difficult. Its a good idea to put some thought into this. I didn't read whether you shopping for homeowner personal use but I'm guessing you are. In that case the PAS sounds good. For small time pro I think it would be a nice backup for the individual machines. For everyday pro use all that swapping would get old and make me feel like I was burning precious time.
Also you didn't mention or I missed the size of your work area. A back pack blower may be great on leaf cleanups but I rarely do leaf cleanups and the ones I have done my Hitachi hand held has been up to the task.
I do large estates to patio homes and that little Hitachi has been more than sufficient. I have tried a used PB770 and a new BT150 and decided there wasn't any more advantage to them than to my Hitachi. And my Hitachi is light and handy. Pick it up, give it a pull or two and off I go. Just a thought.

I always put thought into everything before I make a purchase. It will be for homeowner personal use. I have about 3K square feet to myself, then help all the neighbors with their leaves etc. I have to do a ton of leaf clean ups.
I just used a Hitachi two days ago and it felt alright, just would like a backpack one. I have an electric one just like it, but I would rather not use it because of chord restrictions.

boostedwolfe

Threads
I contacted a few local dealers and of course they will not work with me on any prices/don't have the medium range equipment in stock. Was quoted $400 for trimmers when they are $259 at Home Depot. The PB500T is $299.99 free shipping but $319.99 in the store. I can wait a few days if I have to.

I think I am going to get the PB500T and then still a bit undecided about the trimmer. The PAS 230 (just the head) is $269.00 (22.8 cc). But the PAS 225VP the head with a trimmer/edger is $299.99 (21.2 cc). If I get the PAS 230, I will need to buy the trimmer/edger for another $160.00. (69.99 trimmer/ 89.99 edger, totaling the PAS230 with trimmer and edger at $429.00 which is a big difference from the PAS 225VP.

Mike88se

Threads
Look around some more. Tyler Tools and CPO sometimes have great deals on blowers and trimmers. They don't sell Echo though so if you have your heart set on Echo thats not the place.