ECHO VS HUSQVARNA

dhd

Threads
The price difference between the PAS 225 and PAS 230 does seem like a large amount, for just a small amount of engine size difference.
It would almost seem there was more than just cc size difference.

I did find out that the PAS 225 engine has one piston ring and the PAS 230 engine has two piston rings.
I have no idea if that's really significant or not.
I would think the PAS 225 is probably a tough enough machine, Echo gives it the same 5 year warranty length like all their other gear.
For average home use I would think the PAS 225 would probably provide just as good as service as the PAS 230.
The money you save by getting the PAS 225 could be used to get another attachment, which would probably be more useful than gaining a few extra engine CCs if you got the PAS 230.

I remember in an earlier post you said you like to research before purchasing,
so here are the latest parts manuals for the PAS 225 and PAS 230 in case you'd like to compare a little more.

PAS 225
http://www.echo-usa.com/getattachme...8fb0-843d8e3e98fc/PAS-225es_T39914_041015.pdf

PAS 230
http://www.echo-usa.com/getattachme...d54-7696d1b44982/PAS230es_S67711_070913_3.pdf

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I contacted a few local dealers and of course they will not work with me on any prices/don't have the medium range equipment in stock. Was quoted $400 for trimmers when they are $259 at Home Depot. The PB500T is $299.99 free shipping but $319.99 in the store. I can wait a few days if I have to. I think I am going to get the PB500T and then still a bit undecided about the trimmer. The PAS 230 (just the head) is $269.00 (22.8 cc). But the PAS 225VP the head with a trimmer/edger is $299.99 (21.2 cc). If I get the PAS 230, I will need to buy the trimmer/edger for another $160.00. (69.99 trimmer/ 89.99 edger, totaling the PAS230 with trimmer and edger at $429.00 which is a big difference from the PAS 225VP.

We are running a 500 back pack. We also have an 804 Shindiawa. I like the echo blower but I regret not getting something bigger than the 500 every time I start it up. I highly reccomend buying as big of a blower as your budget can stand. The bigger you get the more air you are going to get and there is a noticeable differance.

We have two PAS trimmers as well. We have a 225 and a 280. We have had some problems getting the 280 to run but the 225 has not missed a lick for us. When the 280 is running it is much of a man so to speak though. It will make an edge hum where as the 225 is not that strong. I find the 225 to work excellent with the pole saw and even the hedge trimmers. It depends on what you are cutting with the string trimmer head as to how good it cuts. Light trimming ahead of the mowers on a yard well kept it does great. Heavy trimming it lacks a little in power.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I contacted a few local dealers and of course they will not work with me on any prices/don't have the medium range equipment in stock. Was quoted $400 for trimmers when they are $259 at Home Depot. The PB500T is $299.99 free shipping but $319.99 in the store. I can wait a few days if I have to. I think I am going to get the PB500T and then still a bit undecided about the trimmer. The PAS 230 (just the head) is $269.00 (22.8 cc). But the PAS 225VP the head with a trimmer/edger is $299.99 (21.2 cc). If I get the PAS 230, I will need to buy the trimmer/edger for another $160.00. (69.99 trimmer/ 89.99 edger, totaling the PAS230 with trimmer and edger at $429.00 which is a big difference from the PAS 225VP.

Also... I use my local dealer. So far they have gone over and beyond to help me. The few dollars you are buying from a big box store can bite you in the butt if you have issues. A good local dealer is a very hard thing to beat when it comes to equipment. There are too many easing to list to buy from them instead of big box stores or mail order houses.

boostedwolfe

Threads
The price difference between the PAS 225 and PAS 230 does seem like a large amount, for just a small amount of engine size difference.
It would almost seem there was more than just cc size difference.

I did find out that the PAS 225 engine has one piston ring and the PAS 230 engine has two piston rings.
I have no idea if that's really significant or not.
I would think the PAS 225 is probably a tough enough machine, Echo gives it the same 5 year warranty length like all their other gear.
For average home use I would think the PAS 225 would probably provide just as good as service as the PAS 230.
The money you save by getting the PAS 225 could be used to get another attachment, which would probably be more useful than gaining a few extra engine CCs if you got the PAS 230.

I remember in an earlier post you said you like to research before purchasing,
so here are the latest parts manuals for the PAS 225 and PAS 230 in case you'd like to compare a little more.

PAS 225
http://www.echo-usa.com/getattachme...8fb0-843d8e3e98fc/PAS-225es_T39914_041015.pdf

PAS 230
http://www.echo-usa.com/getattachme...d54-7696d1b44982/PAS230es_S67711_070913_3.pdf

Totally agree. I definitely want to get a few more attachments for the PAS225 which will come in handy!

boostedwolfe

Threads
We are running a 500 back pack. We also have an 804 Shindiawa. I like the echo blower but I regret not getting something bigger than the 500 every time I start it up. I highly reccomend buying as big of a blower as your budget can stand. The bigger you get the more air you are going to get and there is a noticeable differance.

We have two PAS trimmers as well. We have a 225 and a 280. We have had some problems getting the 280 to run but the 225 has not missed a lick for us. When the 280 is running it is much of a man so to speak though. It will make an edge hum where as the 225 is not that strong. I find the 225 to work excellent with the pole saw and even the hedge trimmers. It depends on what you are cutting with the string trimmer head as to how good it cuts. Light trimming ahead of the mowers on a yard well kept it does great. Heavy trimming it lacks a little in power.

Well guys,

Last week I picked up the PB 500T and it starts on the third pull almost every time. It seems pretty powerful for my property but the real test will be the fall when I have to get rid of my leaves (neighbors leaves)!
I just ordered the PAS225VP with the trimmer/edger combo and I cannot wait until it comes. I fixed my Toro mower this weekend by putting a new traction cable on with a set of new front wheels and a new blade.
Changed the oil and put a new air filter/spark plug and it starts up just fine! Will probably be mowing this week. Grass is coming in nicely!

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well guys, Last week I picked up the PB 500T and it starts on the third pull almost every time. It seems pretty powerful for my property but the real test will be the fall when I have to get rid of my leaves (neighbors leaves)! I just ordered the PAS225VP with the trimmer/edger combo and I cannot wait until it comes. I fixed my Toro mower this weekend by putting a new traction cable on with a set of new front wheels and a new blade. Changed the oil and put a new air filter/spark plug and it starts up just fine! Will probably be mowing this week. Grass is coming in nicely!

We have had good results with the PB 500T Blower. Ours is probably 10 months old now. If I had it to do over agin though I would get a larger one.

We also have a PAS 225. It does a great job with the trimmer. In most edging situations it does a good job. We found that on some situations it is a little small on power for the edger. We have the hedge trimmer and the pole saw also. The 225 does a great job with both of them. We also have a PAS 280. We use it on the edger most of the time when it is running.... We have not had good success with it as far as reliability. Today our dealer gave us a replacement for it in fact. The 280 power head will make the edger hum...........

boostedwolfe

Threads
We have had good results with the PB 500T Blower. Ours is probably 10 months old now. If I had it to do over agin though I would get a larger one.

We also have a PAS 225. It does a great job with the trimmer. In most edging situations it does a good job. We found that on some situations it is a little small on power for the edger. We have the hedge trimmer and the pole saw also. The 225 does a great job with both of them. We also have a PAS 280. We use it on the edger most of the time when it is running.... We have not had good success with it as far as reliability. Today our dealer gave us a replacement for it in fact. The 280 power head will make the edger hum...........

If anything I could always sell the blower after the season and upgrade if I have to. We will see how the fall leaves match up against us this year. What size larger would you recommend?

You haven't had a lot of success with the 280 or the edger attachment? I am waiting for it to be shipped to me. Home Depot's site is taking forever to update. I contacted customer service and they said it
will be shipping from California and I might have it next week. Looking to have my first mow this weekend so the edger would be nice for that. If you miss edging the initial first times, you can be set back a decent amount.
I want to have some sort of control over the lawn. I really want it to be the greenest on the block and I have all the materials but being the greenest will be nothing without some order and appearance aesthetics.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If anything I could always sell the blower after the season and upgrade if I have to. We will see how the fall leaves match up against us this year. What size larger would you recommend? You haven't had a lot of success with the 280 or the edger attachment? I am waiting for it to be shipped to me. Home Depot's site is taking forever to update. I contacted customer service and they said it will be shipping from California and I might have it next week. Looking to have my first mow this weekend so the edger would be nice for that. If you miss edging the initial first times, you can be set back a decent amount. I want to have some sort of control over the lawn. I really want it to be the greenest on the block and I have all the materials but being the greenest will be nothing without some order and appearance aesthetics.
I would not say the 225 is bad with the edger. It just lacks the power to run it the way we sometimes need to. We do a lot of edging at times. The 280 does a better job for us. It is strong. I am not sure which Echo blower to recommend. The bigger the better I imagine. We have an 804 Shindiawa. It does an awesome job. A 7?? Something Echo is the largest echo I have seen at a local dealer. I forget the numbers just know bigger than 700.

Our PAS 280 trimmer has had problems for a while. Numerous trips to the shop. Just got a replacement yesterday. That one ran great today.