Echo or Stihl??? which do u prefer

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
i don't need your blessing thank you. on this forum it seems that some users just continue to argue, argue, argue to to keep up their typing speed. I am done with this forum since all I gained from my initial opinion was a stalker latching on and not being satisfied till he was tired of typing. see ya. I will have a beer in memory of all the helpful and courteous replies I have received from ric.

I've said it before, I'm not a stalker, I'm not a troll, and your right I've been nothing but courteous with my replies and in stating the facts. Carscw is right you need to be on meds to control your anger as exhibited by your language here and statement, your words...The last day I owned the Stihl you threw it about 10 yards out of continued frustration.

Pete.S

Threads
I went to buy a new stick edger last month. My dealer convinced me that the Echo is the better buy. It is $20 more than the Stihl, but, the commercial warranty is longer and covers more than the Stihl warranty. In Florida we have grass nearly all year long. I have been working the heck out of this tool and she still starts on the first pull and works her butt off. Oh yeah the Echo engine is a couple of cc's larger than the Stihl. Maybe I just remember the way my big block stomped the competition....

mikeypizano

Threads
I've said it before, I'm not a stalker, I'm not a troll, and your right I've been nothing but courteous with my replies and in stating the facts. Carscw is right you need to be on meds to control your anger as exhibited by your statement, your words...The last day I owned the Stihl you threw it about 10 yards out of continued frustration.

Don't forget that is 30 feet too! :laughing:

Seriously, I love to see people argue. This is just like Apple users on sites like Engadget who would defend Apple no matter what they did.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I went to buy a new stick edger last month. My dealer convinced me that the Echo is the better buy. It is $20 more than the Stihl, but, the commercial warranty is longer and covers more than the Stihl warranty. In Florida we have grass nearly all year long. I have been working the heck out of this tool and she still starts on the first pull and works her butt off. Oh yeah the Echo engine is a couple of cc's larger than the Stihl. Maybe I just remember the way my big block stomped the competition....

Disappointed.gif
God Help Us

mikeypizano

Threads

Was his dealer Home Depot?

I wanted to edit this to add this:

I am NOT trying to be a troll, but going from experience. Everyone has told me to get a Stihl. No one every suggested an Echo to me. I look at people doing work all the time and I ALWAYS see 2 common products, Stihl and Honda.

Also, this is in a Stihl forum, what did you expect?

Pete.S

Threads
I don't use the big box stores unless I absolutely have to. I am a small business owner and I support other small business owners. I buy all my gear from a local power tool retailer specializing in professional yard care equipment. If John says that the Echo is the better machine I believe him because he backs it up with facts and figures.

mikeypizano

Threads
I don't use the big box stores unless I absolutely have to. I am a small business owner and I support other small business owners. I buy all my gear from a local power tool retailer specializing in professional yard care equipment. If John says that the Echo is the better machine I believe him because he backs it up with facts and figures.

Well, Here's the thing. What does John sell? Does he only sell Echo? I mean if I go to an Exmark dealer and ask him what ZTR to buy, you know he will say Exmark.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Can I ask what Echo you purchased and what Stihl engine it is larger than?

Pete.S

Threads
When you visit Flagler Power Equipment you have your choice of Echo, Husquevarna, and Stihl hand power tools. You can also browse Gravely and Scag mowers. You can test drive them also on the lawn and the driveway. John and company have been in this business for a long time and they do know what they are talking about.

mikeypizano

Threads
When you visit Flagler Power Equipment you have your choice of Echo, Husquevarna, and Stihl hand power tools. You can also browse Gravely and Scag mowers. You can test drive them also on the lawn and the driveway. John and company have been in this business for a long time and they do know what they are talking about.

Ah you are lucky then, for me, its either Stihl OR Echo dealer. :laughing: