Echo or Stihl??? which do u prefer

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well just out of curiosity I called a local dealer who carries the Echo trimmers and they have NO LISTING for an Echo 255i, His words to my knowledge Echo does not make a 255i but we do have the SRM-225i. :thumbsup: and if you care to check Echo usa.com it's not listed there either. I even called Echo and they do not make and never have made a SRM_255i. :confused2:

Last edited:

RER28

Threads
yep it is the SRM 225i..for 259.00..still hands down better than stihl 55r .....you can quit stalking now. Thanks

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
yep it is the SRM 225i..for 259.00..still hands down better than stihl 55r .....you can quit stalking now. Thanks

Nobody was stalking or trolling anyone. I was just pointing out the facts that you would not accept and yes I would agree the Echo 225i would be better unit than the Fs55 and it would naturally be that when you consider the fact you went from a residential unit to a commercial unit.
IMO if you would have compared the 225i with a Stihl commercial we mite be talking about Stihl rather than Echo.

mikeypizano

Threads
Man I love how you can sit there and try and compare a commercial Echo to a home own Stihl. That is like trying to compare a Lambo to a Focus...

RER28

Threads
i don't see the Echo being commercial...the specifications tell the story. I received a 5 year residential warranty and if a person is using it as a commercial product then the warranty reduces to one year. It is not recommended for commercial use by the dealer. You guys get a life...Just because your favorite brand was 2nd best this time does not necessarily mean the end of the world as we know it. Friends

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
i don't see the Echo being commercial...the specifications tell the story. I received a 5 year residential warranty and if a person is using it as a commercial product then the warranty reduces to one year. It is not recommended for commercial use by the dealer. You guys get a life...Just because your favorite brand was 2nd best this time does not necessarily mean the end of the world as we know it. Friends

Again your facts are incorrect. Echo Trimmers have a five year consumer warranty and a 2 year commercial warranty and Echo are all commercial units. your spec's below:
Engine Displacement (cc) 21.2 Carburetor (w/Purge Pump) Rotary-Valve Diaphragm Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.) 14.9 Shaft Length (in) 59 Shaft Type Straight Starting System i-75 Cutting Head Speed-Feedョ Cutting Swath (in) 17 Shield Std. SRM Drive Shaft 4-Layer Cable Nylon Line (in dia) .095 Cross-Fireョ Dry Weight (lbs)1 12.5 Dry Weight (lbs)2 11.6 Consumer Warranty 5 years Commercial Warranty 2 years Rental Warranty 90 days
Now if they were not a commercial unit how or why does Echo have a commercial warranty on there equipment???????????? As you say the specifications tell the story.

It is not recommended for commercial use by the dealer.
if he told you that your dealer is an Idiot.

If I were you I'd start doing some research and at least try to get my facts right before I posted. BTW FYI Home depot doesn't sell International Harvester Cub Cadets either.

Last edited:

RER28

Threads
Specifications speak for themselves. By the way...you go your way and I will go mine.

mikeypizano

Threads
Specifications speak for themselves. By the way...you go your way and I will go mine.

Why not try a REAL Stihl like a FS90r or larger that has a 4mix engine? I bet you 10 bucks my FS90r would make your Echo commit suicide.

RER28

Threads
who cares? i like mine and the my comparison speaks for me. go mow some yards.

Why not try a REAL Stihl like a FS90r or larger that has a 4mix engine? I bet you 10 bucks my FS90r would make your Echo commit suicide.

mikeypizano

Threads
who cares? i like mine and the my comparison speaks for me. go mow some yards.

:laughing: Wish I could... The new Honda in the shed is callin my name but the grass ain't growin!