Export thread

Echo or Stihl??? which do u prefer

cooksqualitylawncare

cooksqualitylawncare

All my equipment is by Echo, cause I like the 5 year commercial warranty. Also been very good to me. But just wondering which company everyone prefers and why?

K

KennyV

I've never had a problem with Echo...

I know several folks that have only good things to say about Stihl.....

I'd put them about equal... :smile:KennyV

C

Canada_CT230

ECHO! - My CS-400 chainsaw is running just as well 3 yrs later as it did the first day I fired it up. Also have an Echo weed trimmer. Same thing...flawless.

L

LandN

I've never had a problem with Echo...

I know several folks that have only good things to say about Stihl.....

I'd put them about equal... :smile:KennyV

same here,.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I have good luck with Husavana

grnspot110

grnspot110

Never used Echo, Stihl has been the best option here, until recently. I've used Stihl for years, but the local dealer lost his long-time mechanic due to health problems. Also the owner's health isn't good either, so I've changed over to Husqvarna. ~~ grnspot

L

LawnBoy M

I always prefer to use Echo.

Ric

Ric

I own and run both and my Echo Trimmer and Edger have served me well but they're at a point now that both need to be replaced and they will be replaced with the Stihl in the next few days. :thumbsup:

bones66

bones66

I bought an 440 Echo chainsaw in 85-86. I heat with wood only and every stick of wood I have burned has been cut with it. Still runs like a champ. 4-5 years ago I needed a string trimmer and after fooling around with the cheapies I decided to go Echo again. I haven't looked back. My friends all have Stihls and they would have anythings else.

Jetblast

Jetblast

Echo, Stihl, Husqvarna, they've all been so good to me I'd have to throw a dart to decide between the three brands.

twall

twall

Echo here.

My chainsaw has been absolutely trouble-free for 5 years now. When I was 17 (21 years ago), I worked in a cemetary doing trimming around the stones. We used Echo exclusively, and I think they still use the same trimmers! Well, maybe not, but they were 7 years old when I got there, and they worked without a hitch always. That's why I went Echo for my chainsaw.

My dad has a Stihl saw, and he likes it - but not as much as his old (early 80's) Partner saw!

Ric

Ric

The Problem I have with Echo is that since they bought out Shindaiwa it seems that there prices have gone crazy. There prices are higher than the Stihl products. As I said in my previous post I'm looking to replace an echo trimmer and I want something that has a good size motor and the largest Echo has is there 280T which is 28.1cc and it cost $389.99 now consider that I can buy the Stihl FS 130 with a 36.3cc motor for $399.95, which are you going to buy? :rolleyes:

I think the choice is simple enough and it's the same with the edgers, Echo's PE 280 $409.99, Stihl's FC-90 is $289.95 and both have 28cc motors. As some have said they would put them equal I guess it would have to be a loyalty thing to buy one over the other because if it comes down to money there is no choice.

twall

twall

The question was which do you prefer.

Therefore, it IS all about loyalty. If you are loyal to your dollars, I'm sure Craftsman has some stuff that meets your cc requirements, Ric.

Jetblast

Jetblast

If displacement were everything, Porsche and Ferrari would have no reputation whatsoever.

Ric

Ric

It's not just about displacement and Owning a Porsche or Ferrari is all about prestige and although loyalty is a fine thing, today it's about getting the most bang for the $$$$$. Yes you can buy the same size motors through Sears and Home Depot or Lowes but everyone screams Don't buy from department or big box stores because it's not the same as you buy from a dealer, Ya'll need to make up your minds. :confused2:
If I buy hand held equipment, I want something I know is going to work when I go to use it thanks. The point I was trying to make is that you get more for your money buying Stihl Products than Echo. :smile:

twall

twall

That's your preference. That's okay. I prefer Echo. That's okay, too. :wink:

And I have NEVER said to not buy from a big box store - in fact, I have always defended people who do AGAINST those who hate BBS........:tongue:

CompactTractorFan

CompactTractorFan

We have both an Echo trimmer and a Sthil chainsaw...Both are good units, although the saw is in a pile of parts under the workbench after taking it apart due to "maintenance"...:rolleyes:

Briana

Briana

Hey there - WELCOME to LMF! :smile:

I moved your thread to the Mower Buying & Pricing Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

B

benski

I'll take Echo or Stihl over any other brands I have tried so far. I've got an Echo string trimmer that's 23 years old and working great, and a 17 year old Stihl chainsaw that has done yeoman duty. That being said, I've used synthetic lube in both of them since I've owned them, and I wouldn't change a thing.:biggrin::cool: If pinned down to one brand, I think I like the "feel" of the Echo products just a bit more than the Stihl.

cooksqualitylawncare

cooksqualitylawncare

Everything I own is echo, that's two trimmers, one edger, one blower, and one chainsaw. Love them all and never had any problem with them. Just curious what everyone liked and preferred. Good topix you know

cooksqualitylawncare

cooksqualitylawncare

Oh and just bought a trimmer for all my bushes. Guess what....its an echo

E

East Coast Mowers

Just bought a new echo weedwacker today to replace my stihl fs80r. The old one used so much gas!

B

buster57

I had an Echo trimmer, the equivalent of the FS85, and it never ran well. It was under powered as well. I gave it to the church-God may be able to get it to work correctly but I never could.

We now use Shindawa 231T, Stihl FS-90 and Stihl FS-250. I also use a Stihl BR55 hand blower and BR600 BP blowers. Stihl HT-100 pole prunner with most of the attachments. No more echo anything.

I can not imagine using an Echo chian saw. I don't think I have ever seen an Echo pole prunner?

M

Mac 624

Wondering, that most users here run the homeowners STIHL BCエs.

FS 80 or 130 are quiet small and not made for dayin dayout use. We run a 20year old FS 220 and the "new" FS 400 we run for 12 years now.

Onliest homeowner saw we have is the MS 181, which we use in trees mostly, 192 T is too expensive.

Never had any probs with STIHL Equipment, as we never had probs with SOLO.

Solo - equipment for all seasons

But the local shop closed, so we had to look out for another brand. ECHO we donエt have for sale here.

Ric

Ric

All my equipment is by Echo, cause I like the 5 year commercial warranty. Also been very good to me. But just wondering which company everyone prefers and why?

FYI,the Echo products have no better Commercial Warranty than the Stihl products. To my knowledge Echo does not have a 5 year Commercial Warranty. Better look again Echo has a 2 year Commercial Warranty, and a 5 year Consumer Warranty.

B

Black Bart

I spent the last week reading reviews on trimmers and bought a new one today.
I bought a Echo 265T and used it today it is awesome but i could have saved some money because it has more power than I need.

Paying a 100 bucks more for a 38cc engine is only for bragging rights you sure don't need that much power to cut grass.

My new Echo is quieter than my old trimmer smother cuts faster more power and don't throw stuff on me like my old one did.
Also seems to use less fuel.
If it lasts it will be a great piece of equipment.

Since I'm using mine for home use it has a 5 year warranty 2 years on the others. :thumbsup:

L

LandN

I bought a Echo 265T and used it today it is awesome but i could have saved some money because it has more power than I need.

Paying a 100 bucks more for a 38cc engine is only for bragging rights you sure don't need that much power to cut grass.

My new Echo is quieter than my old trimmer smother cuts faster more power and don't throw stuff on me like my old one did.

Since I'm using mine for home use it has a 5 year warranty 2 years on the others. :thumbsup:

i spose in some areas of the country a user might be cutting away some thicker brush/grasses and that extra power might be a good thing.my more recently bought j. deere trimmer has a bigger motor than my other cheapies and was good along the road side ditches that i was cutting.good luck with the echo:smile:

Ric

Ric

Just curious but how did you get a Echo 265T with a 38cc engine. According to Echo the Spec's for the 265T read as follows:

Engine Displacement (cc) 25.4 Carburetor (w/Purge Pump) Rotary-Valve Diaphragm Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.) 16.9 Shaft Length (in) 59 Shaft Type Straight Starting System i-30 Cutting Head ECHOmatic Cutting Swath (in) 17 Shield Std. SRM Drive Shaft 4-Layer Cable Nylon Line (in dia) .095 Cross-Fireョ Dry Weight (lbs)1 13.5 Dry Weight (lbs)2 12.2 Consumer Warranty 5 years Commercial Warranty 2 years

ECHO SRM-265T String Trimmer, Weed Trimmer, High Torque, Straight Shaft - ECHO USA | ECHO USA

As far as I know the biggest motor that Echo makes is the 28.1 cc and it's on there BRD 280 Redefiner.

B

Black Bart

Just curious but how did you get a Echo 265T with a 38cc engine. According to Echo the Spec's for the 265T read as follows:

Engine Displacement (cc) 25.4 Carburetor (w/Purge Pump) Rotary-Valve Diaphragm Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.) 16.9 Shaft Length (in) 59 Shaft Type Straight Starting System i-30 Cutting Head ECHOmatic Cutting Swath (in) 17 Shield Std. SRM Drive Shaft 4-Layer Cable Nylon Line (in dia) .095 Cross-Fireョ Dry Weight (lbs)1 13.5 Dry Weight (lbs)2 12.2 Consumer Warranty 5 years Commercial Warranty 2 years

ECHO SRM-265T String Trimmer, Weed Trimmer, High Torque, Straight Shaft - ECHO USA | ECHO USA

I don't have a 38cc engine I said that a 38cc engine is a waste of money my 265T will cut weeds at 40% throttle, Why would I want a bigger engine unless I wanted to buy more fuel.

If I was going to buy another one I would save some money and buy a smaller engine.

Trimming my lawn with a 38cc engine is like driving a 500 hp car with a 55 mph speed limit it is only for bragging rights but not needed

Ric

Ric

I don't have a 38cc engine I said that a 38cc engine is a waste of money my 265T will cut weeds at 40% throttle, Why would I want a bigger engine unless I wanted to buy more fuel.

If I was going to buy another one I would save some money and buy a smaller engine.

Trimming my lawn with a 38cc engine is like driving a 500 hp car with a 55 mph speed limit it is only for bragging rights but not needed

Ok I guess I was reading the post wrong :ashamed: I couldn't figure out where the 38cc came from, but I do agree with what you said about the bigger engine being a waste of money especially for the homeowner and the more fuel usage with the bigger motors. My Stihl's the 90R and 110R both drink gas like I drink water, I can truthfully say when I switched from the 21.2cc Echos there was a big difference in gas.

B

Bacon8r

I think that stihl is the best, very good equipment for cheaper than echo. Have an echo blower, and have some small problems and it's tough to start. I think stihl sound cooler but that's just my opinion

wjjones

wjjones

Echo.. I got tired of the cheap weedeaters so i bought the srm210, and it has really done well, and the warranty is good too.

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

I use Stihl products. I use the Stihl Ultra 2-cycle oil mixed with 89 octane gas for them.
Have three dealers around here that carry Stihl.

wjjones

wjjones

I use Stihl products. I use the Stihl Ultra 2-cycle oil mixed with 89 octane gas for them.
Have three dealers around here that carry Stihl.

It is always good to have parts available, and dealer support.:thumbsup: .. I like Stihl but went with Echo because of the 5 year warranty..

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

All I have ever bought is Stihl. :thumbsup:

H

honestblades

I am a diehard Stihl fan (afterall Andreas Stihl did invent the first chainsaw) but I have also owned several Echo products. Stihl and Echo is the Ford and Chevy of the power equipment market. In my opinion Stihl does tend to last longer,however although I love Stihl,I do have some things to complain about. Last spring I purchased a brand new Stihl MS250. On the first day of using it I had to pull the plug out and get the gas off of it. It floods very easily. I've used the saw maybe 4 times in the past year I have owned it and last week I couldn't get it to start. It did also have something come loose on the engine and had to be taken to the dealer. It was some sort of electrical connector that was preventing the engine from starting. Overall I don't really like the chainsaw,but stihl has been overall good to me over the years so I can't hold one bad product against them. I've had Echo break on me more than I have stihl.

R

RER28

Just a difference of opinion here. I have been doing my own yard and property for over 40 years and I recently had to replace my gas string trimmer. I heard over the years Stihl was the best. I bought a 55R (i believe it was) and from the first day I used it I noticed several irritating things about it, i.e., jerky compression pull start (developed elbow soreness from it), idled crappy, short string length when fed and cut by the shield, and when i turned it upside down to edge along my curbs the string guard was way too big and I couldn't see the actual trim work being done, and the so called automatic string head was supposed to be worry free. Well it got to the point I had to return it after 30 days and explained about the head not feeding and I had to manually turn it off and remove the string and restring..i suggested a refund, they asked that I try a new string head and I did. same issues occurred, not to mention the lousy features i think stihl has mentioned above (but no fault of the dealer).

i took it back and got a full refund (good dealer) and went and bought an Echo 255I "easy start" with the latest self feed string head. it was like going from a toy trimmer with the stihl to a commercial model....the idle is smooth, guard is about 1/3 size, unbelievably easy to start, feed line is about 2 inches longer and feeds great, etc. Best return/refund/repurchase i have had in a very long time!

thanks for reading

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

Isn't the FS55 a home own model?

R

RER28

the Stihl and the Echo are both home models.. 55r Stihl and SRM255i Echo. Believe me get the echo over the stihl.

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

the Stihl and the Echo are both home models.. 55r Stihl and SRM255i Echo. Believe me get the echo over the stihl.

I only run commercial models myself. :laughing:

Ric

Ric

Isn't the FS55 a home own model?

The FS55 is a residential or as Stihl says an Occasional use unit and runs the HomeScaper series engine, you can't run a comparison between it and the echo 255i which is a commercial unit and runs a commercial-grade 2-stroke engine.

R

RER28

The FS55 is a residential or as Stihl says an Occasional use unit and runs the HomeScaper series engine, you can't run a comparison between it and the echo 255i that runs a commercial-grade 2-stroke engine.

i did and it's my opinion based on real comparisons:

Stihl Website FS55r: 27.2 cc (1.66 cu.in) Displacement
.75KW (1.01) Engine Power

Echo SRM 255i: 21.2 cc engine displacement
.656 KW engine power

According to you I can't compare? I compared both and on paper the Stihl should out perform the Echo. From my experience with both, side by side as a user, I can tell you it is my opinion that the Stihl couldn't hold a candle to the Echo for exactly the reasons I stated above in my original post. thanks for your try anyway.

R

RER28

also, reading through this particular thread it appears that satisfied ECHO users and buyers outnumber the stihl users for various reasons.

Ric

Ric

i did and it's my opinion based on real comparisons:

.656 KW engine power

According to you I can't compare? I compared both and on paper the Stihl should out perform the Echo. From my experience with both, side by side as a user, I can tell you it is my opinion that the Stihl couldn't hold a candle to the Echo for exactly the reasons I stated above in my original post. thanks for your try anyway.

Yes I know about the size of both engines but I also know you can't compare the HomeScaper series engine which is basically like something you would buy at Home Depot, against a commercial-grade 2-stroke engine it's not even in the same ballpark. Try comparing the 255i against a Stihl Fs 90 trimmer with a commercial grade engine and then tell me which is better and you find the Stihl will the better of the two units, there's no comparison. I know that because I have both and have run both, the Echo 210 along with the Echo PE 200 edger stays in the shop and never gets used anymore.
You said it was like going from a toy trimmer with the stihl to a commercial model with the Echo and this is why. The Fs55 at full throttle only produces 7700rpm @ the head and that out of a 27.2cc engine. My Echo SRM 210 produces 10.500 rpm@ the head out of a 21.2cc engine and I'm guessing the 255i is about the same so naturally echo would preform better but it doesn't mean it's a better unit than the stihl with a commercial engine.
You can compare all you want on paper and even in field but you can't compare a residential unit to a professional unit, there not in the same ballpark or even close. Personally the only Echo I run is the BRD 280 and if Stihl made a Bed Definer I'd sell the echo in a heartbeat. I'll never have or buy another Echo.

R

RER28

I'll never have or buy another Echo.

Each to their own...I will never buy another stihl. :biggrin:

T

thelawnthrasher

In my experience stihl is by far the leader in quality,performance and reliability. They have a reputation for making a outstanding product and stand behind what they sell...I've been in commercial lawn service for several years and stihl is the only thing I would consider using....if you run anything besides stihl where I'm from you are probably gonna get laughed at....echo is something homeowners buy at lowes or home depot and think its great because they haven't used a stihl

R

RER28

With 40 years of my 1/2 acre mowing and trimming every 4th day, gives me the experience I need to make an informed decision about yard equipment. I got caught up in the "hype" of the stihl name and bought the stihl trimmer. The last day I owned it I threw it about 10 yards out of continued frustration. It was totally unreliable for reasons I noted above. I am the one laughing now, looking back at the stihl hype and now using the smooth and powerful operation of the Echo. You have your opinions of products and we just happen to strongly disagree. I'm done with this thread. By the way I bought my Echo from an authorized, locally owned lawn equipment shop not the big box stores who sell Lawnboy, John Deer, Troybuilt, and/International Cubs.
buy at lowes or home depot and think its great because they haven't used a stihl
I have owned both and I couldn't wait to get rid of the junk stihl trimmer.

Ric

Ric

With 40 years of my 1/2 acre mowing and trimming every 4th day, gives me the experience I need to make an informed decision about yard equipment. I got caught up in the "hype" of the stihl name and bought the stihl trimmer. The last day I owned it I threw it about 10 yards out of continued frustration. It was totally unreliable for reasons I noted above. I am the one laughing now, looking back at the stihl hype and now using the smooth and powerful operation of the Echo. You have your opinions of products and we just happen to strongly disagree. I'm done with this thread. By the way I bought my Echo from an authorized, locally owned lawn equipment shop not the big box stores who sell Lawnboy, John Deer, Troybuilt, and/International Cubs. I have owned both and I couldn't wait to get rid of the junk stihl trimmer.

I can see you're not open to reason about the differences that I and others have tried to explain to you. The fact is you made your judgement based on what you did and that was going from a homeowner version trimmer to a commercial unit and yes there is a big difference but it has nothing to do with Stihl or the make of the equipment.
With your 40 years of your 1/2 acre mowing and trimming every 4th day, that gave you the experience you need to make an informed decision about yard equipment you still made a poor decision buying the wrong piece of equipment for the job you were doing, and as far as I'm concerned anyone who throws equipment 10 yards out of frustration doesn't need to be operating equipment in the first place.

Btw did you know that Echo no longer makes the 255i or at least they don't offer it on there website and International Cubs :ashamed: I can see how up to date you are on equipment. :confused2:

Carscw

Carscw

I thought this was about what do you prefer not use what I say to use. I am not going to say what I use and I don't shop by specks and what's on paper I buy what feels good when I use it. Some of you act as if you work for the company and are trying to sell to us. Now my wife likes to use a feather light from Walmart. Why you ask because it is light and does what she needs it to do and when it breaks they give her a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

R

RER28

I thought this was about what do you prefer not use what I say to use. I am not going to say what I use and I don't shop by specks and what's on paper I buy what feels good when I use it. Some of you act as if you work for the company and are trying to sell to us. Now my wife likes to use a feather light from Walmart. Why you ask because it is light and does what she needs it to do and when it breaks they give her a new one.

my sentiments exactly...+1

R

RER28

Btw did you know that Echo no longer makes the 255i or at least they don't offer it on there website and International Cubs I can see how up to date you are on equipment.

WHAT

Look at ECHO.com dude and there it is SRM 255i ..retail $259.00..man this is getting weird. RIC..stop trolling.

Ric

Ric

WHAT

Look at ECHO.com dude and there it is SRM 2551 ..retail $259.00..man this is getting weird. RIC..stop trolling.

Dude here's the link for Echo usa.com String Trimmers, Weed Trimmers, Weed Eaters, Curved + Straight Shaft Yard Trimmers | ECHO USA

There's a SRM-225i for $259.00 but not a 255i They don't make or have a 255i, Hell you don't even know what you bought. You could at least get the right model, and you call me a troll.

Carscw

Carscw

Hate to get in the middle of this but I do believe a 255 is a blower

Ric

Ric

Hate to get in the middle of this but I do believe a 255 is a blower

Yes it is I believe it's the PB 255. Personally I think this guy is a few fries short of a HAPPY MEAL.

R

RER28

i told you i have a 255i...i have a srm 255i (for 259.00) ...look at my signature information..i believe it says srm 255i..yeah you are stalking, troll, to the point u are creepy..

There's a SRM-225i for $259.00 but not a 255i They don't make or have a 255i, Hell you don't even know what you bought. You could at least get the right model, and you call me a troll.

.656 KW engine power

i took it back and got a full refund (good dealer) and went and bought an Echo 255I "easy start" with the latest self feed string head. it was like going from a toy trimmer with the stihl to a commercial model....the idle is smooth, guard is about 1/3 size, unbelievably easy to start, feed line is about 2 inches longer and feeds great, etc. Best return/refund/repurchase i have had in a very long time!

Carscw

Carscw

image-3148968567.jpg

Is this what you have

R

RER28

Is this what you have

Look on their website - SRM 255i under TRIMMERS section..........

SRM-225i

21.2cc Straight Shaft Trimmer with i-75 Starter

Play videoA Speed-Feed® head and i-75™ starting technology make it the easiest-to-use trimmer available

MSRP: $259.99 *
Locate a StoreBuy Now
SRM-225i

Carscw

Carscw

Well all that maters is you like it. I only have on echo a gt-225 and it is just a back up gave a man $25 for it. Almost new he needed gas money

Ric

Ric

RER28 look at your last post under or in the second Quote

Look on their website - SRM 255i under TRIMMERS section..........

WHAT DOES IT SAY??????????????????????

SRM-225i

21.2cc Straight Shaft Trimmer with i-75 Starter

Play videoA Speed-Feedョ head and i-75 starting technology make it the easiest-to-use trimmer available

MSRP: $259.99 *
Locate a StoreBuy Now
SRM-225i

This is your own quotethumb_smiley-signs1405B15D.gif.jpg

R

RER28

exactly...i wish the other guy would get it.

Well all that maters is you like it. I only have on echo a gt-225 and it is just a back up gave a man $25 for it. Almost new he needed gas money

Ric

Ric

Well just out of curiosity I called a local dealer who carries the Echo trimmers and they have NO LISTING for an Echo 255i, His words to my knowledge Echo does not make a 255i but we do have the SRM-225i. :thumbsup: and if you care to check Echo usa.com it's not listed there either. I even called Echo and they do not make and never have made a SRM_255i. :confused2:

R

RER28

yep it is the SRM 225i..for 259.00..still hands down better than stihl 55r .....you can quit stalking now. Thanks

Ric

Ric

yep it is the SRM 225i..for 259.00..still hands down better than stihl 55r .....you can quit stalking now. Thanks

Nobody was stalking or trolling anyone. I was just pointing out the facts that you would not accept and yes I would agree the Echo 225i would be better unit than the Fs55 and it would naturally be that when you consider the fact you went from a residential unit to a commercial unit.
IMO if you would have compared the 225i with a Stihl commercial we mite be talking about Stihl rather than Echo.

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

Man I love how you can sit there and try and compare a commercial Echo to a home own Stihl. That is like trying to compare a Lambo to a Focus...

R

RER28

i don't see the Echo being commercial...the specifications tell the story. I received a 5 year residential warranty and if a person is using it as a commercial product then the warranty reduces to one year. It is not recommended for commercial use by the dealer. You guys get a life...Just because your favorite brand was 2nd best this time does not necessarily mean the end of the world as we know it. Friends

Ric

Ric

i don't see the Echo being commercial...the specifications tell the story. I received a 5 year residential warranty and if a person is using it as a commercial product then the warranty reduces to one year. It is not recommended for commercial use by the dealer. You guys get a life...Just because your favorite brand was 2nd best this time does not necessarily mean the end of the world as we know it. Friends

Again your facts are incorrect. Echo Trimmers have a five year consumer warranty and a 2 year commercial warranty and Echo are all commercial units. your spec's below:
Engine Displacement (cc) 21.2 Carburetor (w/Purge Pump) Rotary-Valve Diaphragm Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.) 14.9 Shaft Length (in) 59 Shaft Type Straight Starting System i-75 Cutting Head Speed-Feedョ Cutting Swath (in) 17 Shield Std. SRM Drive Shaft 4-Layer Cable Nylon Line (in dia) .095 Cross-Fireョ Dry Weight (lbs)1 12.5 Dry Weight (lbs)2 11.6 Consumer Warranty 5 years Commercial Warranty 2 years Rental Warranty 90 days
Now if they were not a commercial unit how or why does Echo have a commercial warranty on there equipment???????????? As you say the specifications tell the story.

It is not recommended for commercial use by the dealer.
if he told you that your dealer is an Idiot.

If I were you I'd start doing some research and at least try to get my facts right before I posted. BTW FYI Home depot doesn't sell International Harvester Cub Cadets either.

R

RER28

Specifications speak for themselves. By the way...you go your way and I will go mine.

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

Specifications speak for themselves. By the way...you go your way and I will go mine.

Why not try a REAL Stihl like a FS90r or larger that has a 4mix engine? I bet you 10 bucks my FS90r would make your Echo commit suicide.

R

RER28

who cares? i like mine and the my comparison speaks for me. go mow some yards.

Why not try a REAL Stihl like a FS90r or larger that has a 4mix engine? I bet you 10 bucks my FS90r would make your Echo commit suicide.

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

who cares? i like mine and the my comparison speaks for me. go mow some yards.

:laughing: Wish I could... The new Honda in the shed is callin my name but the grass ain't growin!

Ric

Ric

That's right the Specifications do speak for themselves so why do you want to keep changing them. The 225i is a commercial trimmer and if you have a hard time believing that call Echo. 1-800-432-ECHO. If they tell you different then the Specifications there printing online LIKE THE ONES IN MY PREVIOUS POST ARE LIES.

Carscw

Carscw

Ric said:
That's right the Specifications do speak for themselves so why do you want to keep changing them. The 225i is a commercial trimmer and if you have a hard time believing that call Echo. 1-800-432-ECHO. If they tell you different then the Specifications there printing online LIKE THE ONES IN MY PREVIOUS POST ARE LIES.

I called and was told they do not consider the GT-225 / GT-225i / SRM-225/ SRM-225i. To be a professional grade trimmer but they do offer a commercial warranty on every trimmer they offer.
As a rule most ppl consider a curved shaft trimmer a home owner model the GT-225 is as home owner as it gets but if you go by the warranty they offer it is a commercial trimmer

Ric

Ric

I called and was told they do not consider the GT-225 / GT-225i / SRM-225/ SRM-225i. To be a professional grade trimmer but they do offer a commercial warranty on every trimmer they offer.
As a rule most ppl consider a curved shaft trimmer a home owner model the GT-225 is as home owner as it gets but if you go by the warranty they offer it is a commercial trimmer

I know the curved shaft GT line was a homeowner model but when I called yesterday the lady I talked to said that the all of there straight shaft trimmers were commercial trimmer and all the trimmers carried a 2 year Commercial warranty.
If you look online at there site the only thing that carries a 1 yr would be there chain saws I believe.

R

RER28

I know the curved shaft GT line was a homeowner model but when I called yesterday the lady I talked to said that the all of there straight shaft trimmers were considered commercial trimmer and all the trimmers carried a 2 year Commercial warranty.
If you look online at there site the only thing that carries a 1 yr would be there chain saws I believe.

Here in Texas they are considered homeowner models...in florida i guess they would be commercial............as far as you go, bite me u sorry *** stalker and trolling on threads is exactly what u enjoy doing when you ought to be out working and paying taxes..... i guess that is the kind of language you prefer to get into and understand. do us all a favor and go to sleep or break your iphone or take a vacation.

R

RER28

My dealer sold me a SRM225i, Easy Start. straight shaft..for postage overnight I will send you a receipt and copy of the dealer and warranty dude., it's up to you. just send me a check for $51.00 and I will send you the documents overnight in a ergonomically sealed container with a government EPA stamp of approval.

It comes with a 5 year homeowner warranty and one year commercial warranty. period.period.period.

Carscw

Carscw

RER28 said:
My dealer sold me a SRM225i, Easy Start. straight shaft..for postage overnight I will send you a receipt and copy of the dealer and warranty dude., it's up to you. just send me a check for $51.00 and I will send you the documents overnight in a ergonomically sealed container with a government EPA stamp of approval.

It comes with a 5 year homeowner warranty and one year commercial warranty. period.period.period.

I am sorry your mouth over rides your brain we know it comes with a homeowner and a commercial warranty. Echo says it is a commercial trimmer and it is a nice trimmer would I call it a commercial trimmer no but echo made it and they say it is. I started out on your side but Jim bob you are insane you need to be on meds to control your anger. I know Ric can get you going but you have got out of control over this I might just toss my trimmer in the trash just so I don't have the same one as you. May god bless you

R

RER28

i don't need your blessing thank you. on this forum it seems that some users just continue to argue, argue, argue to to keep up their typing speed. I am done with this forum since all I gained from my initial opinion was a stalker latching on and not being satisfied till he was tired of typing. see ya. I will have a beer in memory of all the helpful and courteous replies I have received from ric.

May god bless you

Ric

Ric

I am sorry your mouth over rides your brain we know it comes with a homeowner and a commercial warranty. Echo says it is a commercial trimmer and it is a nice trimmer would I call it a commercial trimmer no but echo made it and they say it is. I started out on your side but Jim bob you are insane you need to be on meds to control your anger. I know Ric can get you going but you have got out of control over this I might just toss my trimmer in the trash just so I don't have the same one as you. May god bless you

Carscw I'm not trying to get anyone going although it's getting to the point of being funny. It took him about two pages of post to finally figure out he bought a 225i not a 255i, I guess it will take him another two to figure out the warranty. Maybe this will help. BTW RER28, I do work, I do pay my Taxes and I think again you have something confused because I don't have or use an iphone. :confused2:

ECHO introduced a 2-year Commercial Warranty effective on purchases after January 1, 2010.

The change is based on the success of the 5-year consumer warranty and the long-running 2-year commercial warranty already offered on backpack blowers as well as the lifetime warranty on ignition modules and flex cable drives.

This upgrade includes all engine-driven product categories excluding chain saws, cut-off saws, and QuikVent saws. These will continue to carry a 1-year commercial warranty.

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

And I was starting to think this forum lacked passion.....
I've been following this thread for a day or so.
I personally can't see the point in arguing about manufacturers, but its good to see someone get riled up.
Hope he comes back, I like that guy, he's amusing:laughing: :laughing::biggrin::biggrin: reminds me of Todd Wall.

Carscw

Carscw

Sorry Ric I guess I worded it wrong I was not trying to insinuate that you get people going. Anyways I prefer some echo over stihl and some stihl over echo but most important I do know what models I have and they are all past there warranty

Ric

Ric

i don't need your blessing thank you. on this forum it seems that some users just continue to argue, argue, argue to to keep up their typing speed. I am done with this forum since all I gained from my initial opinion was a stalker latching on and not being satisfied till he was tired of typing. see ya. I will have a beer in memory of all the helpful and courteous replies I have received from ric.

I've said it before, I'm not a stalker, I'm not a troll, and your right I've been nothing but courteous with my replies and in stating the facts. Carscw is right you need to be on meds to control your anger as exhibited by your language here and statement, your words...The last day I owned the Stihl you threw it about 10 yards out of continued frustration.

Pete.S

Pete.S

I went to buy a new stick edger last month. My dealer convinced me that the Echo is the better buy. It is $20 more than the Stihl, but, the commercial warranty is longer and covers more than the Stihl warranty. In Florida we have grass nearly all year long. I have been working the heck out of this tool and she still starts on the first pull and works her butt off. Oh yeah the Echo engine is a couple of cc's larger than the Stihl. Maybe I just remember the way my big block stomped the competition....

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

I've said it before, I'm not a stalker, I'm not a troll, and your right I've been nothing but courteous with my replies and in stating the facts. Carscw is right you need to be on meds to control your anger as exhibited by your statement, your words...The last day I owned the Stihl you threw it about 10 yards out of continued frustration.

Don't forget that is 30 feet too! :laughing:

Seriously, I love to see people argue. This is just like Apple users on sites like Engadget who would defend Apple no matter what they did.

Ric

Ric

I went to buy a new stick edger last month. My dealer convinced me that the Echo is the better buy. It is $20 more than the Stihl, but, the commercial warranty is longer and covers more than the Stihl warranty. In Florida we have grass nearly all year long. I have been working the heck out of this tool and she still starts on the first pull and works her butt off. Oh yeah the Echo engine is a couple of cc's larger than the Stihl. Maybe I just remember the way my big block stomped the competition....

Disappointed.gif
God Help Us

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

Was his dealer Home Depot?

I wanted to edit this to add this:

I am NOT trying to be a troll, but going from experience. Everyone has told me to get a Stihl. No one every suggested an Echo to me. I look at people doing work all the time and I ALWAYS see 2 common products, Stihl and Honda.

Also, this is in a Stihl forum, what did you expect?

Pete.S

Pete.S

I don't use the big box stores unless I absolutely have to. I am a small business owner and I support other small business owners. I buy all my gear from a local power tool retailer specializing in professional yard care equipment. If John says that the Echo is the better machine I believe him because he backs it up with facts and figures.

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

I don't use the big box stores unless I absolutely have to. I am a small business owner and I support other small business owners. I buy all my gear from a local power tool retailer specializing in professional yard care equipment. If John says that the Echo is the better machine I believe him because he backs it up with facts and figures.

Well, Here's the thing. What does John sell? Does he only sell Echo? I mean if I go to an Exmark dealer and ask him what ZTR to buy, you know he will say Exmark.

Ric

Ric

Can I ask what Echo you purchased and what Stihl engine it is larger than?

Pete.S

Pete.S

When you visit Flagler Power Equipment you have your choice of Echo, Husquevarna, and Stihl hand power tools. You can also browse Gravely and Scag mowers. You can test drive them also on the lawn and the driveway. John and company have been in this business for a long time and they do know what they are talking about.

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

When you visit Flagler Power Equipment you have your choice of Echo, Husquevarna, and Stihl hand power tools. You can also browse Gravely and Scag mowers. You can test drive them also on the lawn and the driveway. John and company have been in this business for a long time and they do know what they are talking about.

Ah you are lucky then, for me, its either Stihl OR Echo dealer. :laughing:

C

CZLawnCare

I support stihl and stihl only. My whole family has and always will. You could come to me and say i'll give you this echo free and i would refuse. Stihl has built up a great reputation over the years and i have NEVER had a problem with any of my stihls!

Parkmower

Parkmower

It's funny cause echo is not even considered around here. It's mainly stihl vs Husqvarna for power equip.
Now that's a whole other thread
Stihl vs Husqvarna?

S

Shedmechanic

My two cents.....I support STIHL because of my beliefs...I believe that equipment manufacturers that only deal through dealers. I have had a Stihl MS 270 for 8 years now with no problems. I have a Shindaiwa trimmer (when they were owned by Shindaiwa, not Echo) and have had no problems with it for 7 years. My father had an Echo blower for over 9 years with no problems. I think that as far as chainsaws go though, if you stick to major brands you won't have a problem whether it is Echo, Husqvarna, Solo, Efco, or Dolmar. I have used them all but I prefer personally to own my Stihl when it comes to a chainsaw. I say all that to say this.....Craftsman from Sears used to be an excellent brand and they had customer service that wasn't bad. As for today, the customer comes last and profit comes first at Sears. They sell garbage and the sales folks I have dealt with during the past two years are so un-informed of their items they sell, I wouldn't trust a thing they tell me. The only thing Craftsman worth buying nowadays is the hand tools, not the power tools, but screwdrivers, etc. In a recent article in Popular Mechanics, table saws were reviewed and they refused to review Craftsman table saw and gave their safety reason. When Sears commented on the safety flaw, the response from the company didn't say they were going to correct the safety flaw, but instead they were going to add another "warning" sticker on their existing units. SEARS IS A JOKE.

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

My two cents.....I support STIHL because of my beliefs...I believe that equipment manufacturers that only deal through dealers. I have had a Stihl MS 270 for 8 years now with no problems. I have a Shindaiwa trimmer (when they were owned by Shindaiwa, not Echo) and have had no problems with it for 7 years. My father had an Echo blower for over 9 years with no problems. I think that as far as chainsaws go though, if you stick to major brands you won't have a problem whether it is Echo, Husqvarna, Solo, Efco, or Dolmar. I have used them all but I prefer personally to own my Stihl when it comes to a chainsaw. I say all that to say this.....Craftsman from Sears used to be an excellent brand and they had customer service that wasn't bad. As for today, the customer comes last and profit comes first at Sears. They sell garbage and the sales folks I have dealt with during the past two years are so un-informed of their items they sell, I wouldn't trust a thing they tell me. The only thing Craftsman worth buying nowadays is the hand tools, not the power tools, but screwdrivers, etc. In a recent article in Popular Mechanics, table saws were reviewed and they refused to review Craftsman table saw and gave their safety reason. When Sears commented on the safety flaw, the response from the company didn't say they were going to correct the safety flaw, but instead they were going to add another "warning" sticker on their existing units. SEARS IS A JOKE.

Yep, I barely even go to Sears anymore. I would rather spend the extra now for something good.

Ric

Ric

Yep, I barely even go to Sears anymore. I would rather spend the extra now for something good.

The problem with Sears is the fact that anymore you don't know what you're buying or should I say who it's really made by. They basically just stick there Sears name on anything and everything and call it a Kenmore. Since Sears bought out Kmart I think that's what they have become.

Ric

Ric

The reason I prefer and support the Stihl is like someone else said, I like the fact that they only deal through dealers. Do to the fact that Stihl I believe has concentrated on serving the commercial operator it only makes sense they would make a better machine, unlike Echo whose market is the Homeowner and uses Home Depot to sell there equipment. That's not to say that Echo is a bad piece of equipment but when I see it on the shelves with Homelite, Black & Decker, Ryobi, Poulan and others it just gives me an uneasy feeling. :rolleyes:

Carscw

Carscw

I have a ryobi it is 6 years old I use it to trim bushes till flower beds and cut brush with a brush blade. The only thing I have done to it a air filter and a plug starts right up and has plenty of power. I know a few people that have them and they all love them

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

I have a ryobi it is 6 years old I use it to trim bushes till flower beds and cut brush with a brush blade. The only thing I have done to it a air filter and a plug starts right up and has plenty of power. I know a few people that have them and they all love them

I'm pretty sure that is actually made by Homelite. I have the big one with a TORO brand. I don't use it a lot but it's been very reliable and very powerful. It's got a big engine something like 22 cubic CCs? I don't remember but you can tell by the way it sounds it's a big engine.
I just replaced the fuel line from the tank filter to the carb last week. I got everything at Lowes so that was convenient....

Parkmower

Parkmower

I have an old weedeater featherlite that's goin on 20 years old. Only used around the house. But no major problems. I also have a hoffco straight shaft not sure the model.

Ric

Ric

Don't get me wrong, but if you have a 6 year old Ryobi you've done well but I think everyone can agree that it's not in the same class as the Echo or the Stihl and that was my point about Echo being on the shelf with those type units. I would think if Echo wants to sell at BB stores at least they could set up a commercial section so people would know the difference.

I'm pretty sure that is actually made by Homelite. I have the big one with a TORO brand. I don't use it a lot but it's been very reliable and very powerful. It's got a big engine something like 22 cubic CCs? I don't remember but you can tell by the way it sounds it's a big engine.
I just replaced the fuel line from the tank filter to the carb last week. I got everything at Lowes so that was convenient....

As I said before the Toro is a good occasional use or residential unit but keep in mind when you say the 22cc engine is a big engine that the Stihl engine displacement starts at 27.2cc and goes as high as 40.2 cc on the commercial end.

M

Mower manic

As I said before the Toro is a good occasional use or residential unit
I don't recall you saying that.

Ric

Ric

I don't recall you saying that.

Well I didn't actually say toro, I said Homelite, Black & Decker, Ryobi, Poulan and others that they sell at Home Depot.

C

Cuttinup

Only Echo for me!!!