echo chainsaw

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Everything I use is one 2.6 oz. bottle of oil for 1 gallon of gas (50:1). As you said, it is nice having everything the same ratio.
This is the 2.6 oz. bottle of PowerBlend oil I use: View attachment 10692

I'm not trying to tell you to change oil or anything because the Echo Power blend is good oil, but you know that Stihl sells oil in that size container also and you mite want to give it a try once, I think you'll find it runs a lot cleaner. I don't know how much oil you use but if you're buying your oil in that size container your spending about ten times as much money as you need to spend.

Threads
I'm not trying to tell you to change oil or anything because the Echo Power blend is good oil, but you know that Stihl sells oil in that size container also and you mite want to give it a try once, I think you'll find it runs a lot cleaner. I don't know how much oil you use but if you're buying your oil in that size container your spending about ten times as much money as you need to spend.

OK I might try that in the spring....thanks! I don't use that much oil, but now with my edger, I will be using more. :cool:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK I might try that in the spring....thanks! I don't use that much oil, but now with my edger, I will be using more. :cool:

Just so you know buying by the 2.6oz bottle your paying like $145.53 a gallon, that's using the HD price of $2.97 per bottle. You can buy a gallon of the Echo Power blend for like $40 and it would probable last you all season and you would save a bunch of money. The Stihl I just picked up was $52 a gallon.

Threads
Just so you know buying by the 2.6oz bottle your paying like $145.53 a gallon, that's using the HD price of $2.97 per bottle. You can buy a gallon of the Echo Power blend for like $40 and it would probable last you all season and you would save a bunch of money. The Stihl I just picked up was $52 a gallon.

WOW that's a lot of :2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents: saved! :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
WOW that's a lot of :2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents: saved! :thumbsup:

Yea it's saves you a lot of money if you can buy bulk, say nothing about all those trips to the store that you'll save gas on. Yea you wold have to buy 49 bottles at $2.97 a bottle to equal a gallon. That's a lot of trips to the store even if you buy it by the six pack.

Fastshivy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had all 3 Stihl, Echo, Husqvarna Echo always started and ran good did not cut as well as the other 2 Always had problems with Stihl oilers and starting, cases seem to leak....cutting was good...I kept my husky, love it balanced better, cuts better. All but echo are pro models I cut at least 1x per week. With Husky and Stihl it is really Ford or Chevy. Parts are easier to find on the Husky if you buy on the internet. Echo is a good brand for a home owner

hrvata

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Stihl about 4 years old with hardly more than 10 hours on it. It stopped oiling the chain, so I took it in to the dealer. He told me it would be better to buy a new one, that the repair costs are estimated to be about $170.00 I e-mailed Stihl, but have yet to hear from them. Never again will I buy a Stihl product.

Threads
I have a Stihl about 4 years old with hardly more than 10 hours on it. It stopped oiling the chain, so I took it in to the dealer. He told me it would be better to buy a new one, that the repair costs are estimated to be about $170.00 I e-mailed Stihl, but have yet to hear from them. Never again will I buy a Stihl product.

What brand would you consider buying since it won't be Stihl?

metz12

Threads

get a husqvarna. they have dealersm all around. i loved mine (until my buddy dropped a tree on the thing). i think i will purchase another one at the end of winter. or try to get a used one.

rms61moparman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Man!!!

There sure is a lot of mis-information in this thread!!!

To the Original Poster...the CS-400 Echo is a real nice saw for homeowner use and is a much better design than anything Stihl has in that class.

Mike