Cub Cadet EZ oil drain pull & twist

Rickcin

Threads
Another option was
View attachment 68664
or
View attachment 68665
Probably still would need to loosen the engine to install either one but they are better than the plastic one.
Would not have been able to turn them to install, too close to the frame otherwise they would have to lowered below the frame.
What I have should work well, can’t imagine why not?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Those "look" sturdy, but still have same tiny 0-ring inside that leaks. No thanks.
I have mowers that come into the shop from the late 90's with those style of drains that Startech recommended and the still don't leak. Mostly seen on mowers with Kawasaki engines

Lawn Addict
Threads
10-4. I have seen some leak.

I would never lift an engine to install that type of drain, I know that.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
10-4. I have seen some leak.

I would never lift an engine to install that type of drain, I know that.
Ah just being lazy. Even a metal pipe that isn't too long needs the engine lifted up so the pipe wrench grabs the pipe for tightening but of you probably use the elbow to tighten.

theKiwi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Going to use 3/8 galvanized pipe, a 2 inch nipple, a street elbow, nipple and a cap.
it will then be piped solid, against the frame and pointing straight down. Thanks!
That what I did to my Z-48 at the first oil change I gave it in 2011 - I didn't like the look of that hose and mystery fitting on the end of it.

Roger

Brucewayne

Forum Newbie
Threads
It looks like some lawn mower manufacturers have found yet another way to guarantee more sales. Who in their right mind would leave your car oil drain plug out and then drive their car around?