Craftsman T2400 Kohler won't start

TobyU

Threads
Even testing fuel tanks at a gas station, in my day, we would only pressurize to 5psi! People, understand that you only need a very small burst of air - even a bicycle pump would do it - to clear out a fuel line, regardless of tank size! Also, the black rubber fuel lines won't last more than a couple years - maybe - unless they're made of butyl or poly. A failed fuel line will just about disintegrate in your fingers.
All the gas that I have used for well over 15 years is 10% ethanol and I also believe the gas has gotten worse and worse over the years as far as quality BUT I have seen no difference in the lifespan of rubber fuel lines.
Now, the clear vinyl ones or the tinted ones etc yellow faster and get brittle more quickly and will break if you so much as touch them and only two to three years now when they used to last 8 or 10 years before doing this but this is not the case on the rubber ones.

I have dozens of mowers here right now that over 17 to 20 years old with their original fuel lines on them.
These have had this gas and whatever else over the decades of their life.
Some of the fuel line is still supple enough that you see no cracks in it and you can squeeze it with your fingers and pinch it off.
Some, of this age, are hard and I wouldn't dare pinch them at all because frankly, they need replaced.

The new fuel lines I have replaced in the past several years are also holding up quite well.
99% of my fuel line is the standard fuel vapor line off the bulk roll from O'Reilly Auto Parts.

I have no complaints with this at all.

Air4Dave

Threads
All the gas that I have used for well over 15 years is 10% ethanol and I also believe the gas has gotten worse and worse over the years as far as quality BUT I have seen no difference in the lifespan of rubber fuel lines.
Now, the clear vinyl ones or the tinted ones etc yellow faster and get brittle more quickly and will break if you so much as touch them and only two to three years now when they used to last 8 or 10 years before doing this but this is not the case on the rubber ones.

I have dozens of mowers here right now that over 17 to 20 years old with their original fuel lines on them.
These have had this gas and whatever else over the decades of their life.
Some of the fuel line is still supple enough that you see no cracks in it and you can squeeze it with your fingers and pinch it off.
Some, of this age, are hard and I wouldn't dare pinch them at all because frankly, they need replaced.

The new fuel lines I have replaced in the past several years are also holding up quite well.
99% of my fuel line is the standard fuel vapor line off the bulk roll from O'Reilly Auto Parts.

I have no complaints with this at all.
Back in the '70's, when unleaded was first coming out - thank you EPA! - carbs mostly, other fuel retaining systems would have the gaskets and seals harden to a point of uselessness and failure. Even on our fuel tankers, we had to replace the seals with the butyl or better yet, Viton seals. They worked for years and gradually, over many years, the scientists in the petroleum industries came up with an additive for use in the fuels that would stop this problem! Long story short, what you have in your mowers that are 17 - 20 years old are comparatively this "new" technology I've spoken to. I'm glad you have found fuel lines that work well!
As a side question - is this fuel vapor line actually called that and does it come in the different sizes required by some systems? I just got a set of 3 fuel lines within a black rubber bushing for a new carb. One of them is a black line and looks like rubber...

Joed756

Threads
I would never pressurize a fuel tank. They are not designed to be pressure vessels, pressurizing them is just asking for trouble.