Craftsman 6.75HP push mower died

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
1632609249276.png Also make sure the tiny hole just below the top left air filter base screw hole is clear.

bluegirl

Threads
Here's where I'm at. Cleaned up the cylinder head and reinstalled. Replaced the primer bulb & new gasket, but I still don't hear or see any gas movement. I have a new carb to install, but I figured the bulb would be the game changer. Could it be the bulb plate instead?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here's where I'm at. Cleaned up the cylinder head and reinstalled. Replaced the primer bulb & new gasket, but I still don't hear or see any gas movement. I have a new carb to install, but I figured the bulb would be the game changer. Could it be the bulb plate instead?
Those air filter housings warp from over torque and heat. Some use 2 gaskets to seal that area to make the primer work.

Blow air with an air source into that small hole on the left. Right below the left carb mounting screw hole. Open the gold choke plate. Look for fuel squirting up in the bottom center of the carb throat.

1633122156755.png

Last edited:

bluegirl

Threads
I did blow out the hole, installed 2 gaskets on the primer assembly. It started up and ran fine, but would not start again. When I blew out the hole gas flew all over the place, so I'm guessing it started because of that. It seems I'm no further ahead. I really don't see or hear any fuel moving when I prime. 3 gaskets? LOL

waltn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been thru the same thing. Found fuel bowl gasket with corrosion from aluminum.
Cleaned bowl, gasket and carb . No problems after that.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I did blow out the hole, installed 2 gaskets on the primer assembly. It started up and ran fine, but would not start again. When I blew out the hole gas flew all over the place, so I'm guessing it started because of that. It seems I'm no further ahead. I really don't see or hear any fuel moving when I prime. 3 gaskets? LOL
Either you have the gaskets on backwards or you got the wrong primer bulb??

So when you blew into the hole and gas flew, did you see it inside the carb go up vertically?

That primer bulb, pushes AIR, into that small hole, which pressurizes the carb bowl, pushing fuel up into the carb throat.

Should see a tiny stream of gas squirt up from the bottom center of carb throat, just inside the carb body.

bluegirl

Threads
Either you have the gaskets on backwards or you got the wrong primer bulb??

So when you blew into the hole and gas flew, did you see it inside the carb go up vertically?

That primer bulb, pushes AIR, into that small hole, which pressurizes the carb bowl, pushing fuel up into the carb throat.

Should see a tiny stream of gas squirt up from the bottom center of carb throat, just inside the carb body.
There is only 1 way to put the gasket on. There is a plastic form exactly the same as the gasket. The primer bulb looks exactly the same as the one I replaced. I didn't look into the carb at that time as gas was going everywhere. I used my air compressor. Will try again a bit more gently to see what happens.

bluegirl

Threads
I have been thru the same thing. Found fuel bowl gasket with corrosion from aluminum.
Cleaned bowl, gasket and carb . No problems after that.
Fuel bowl is clean