Cool 1st-person view of "the life of a lawn care business operator"!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Cool 1st-person view of "the life of a lawn care business operator"!
Looks good! I wish we had grass that was above the sidewalks like it is there so you can get a nice edge! :cloud9:

The Grass above the sidewalks is nice and gives the places a nice appearance, just don't come across one that hasn't been maintained for two or three months or a foreclosure cause it can be a real pain to edge especially the St. Augustine grass. You basically have to find the edge of the sidewalk with a string trimmer before you can edge.

Threads
......just don't come across one that hasn't been maintained for two or three months or a foreclosure cause it can be a real pain to edge especially the St. Augustine grass. You basically have to find the edge of the sidewalk with a string trimmer before you can edge.

I was in another state and saw this....I think you can tell where the person's property ends! Someone that edges frequently VS. someone who probably never has!
edging vs. non-edging.jpg

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was in another state and saw this....I think you can tell where the person's property ends! Someone that edges frequently VS. someone who probably never has!

Yep that's what you end up with when you have people who don't care about there property and I have had worse when it's a foreclosure.

Threads
Yep that's what you end up with when you have people who don't care about there property and I have had worse when it's a foreclosure.

I can't believe how tall the grass can get at some of the foreclosed homes!! :shocked:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can't believe how tall the grass can get at some of the foreclosed homes!! :shocked:

I have cut some yards that the grass (weeds ) was so tall you could not see me sitting on my mower. Good thing is they pay a extra 100 per foot over the first foot.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Threads
Good thing is they pay a extra 100 per foot over the first foot.

Yeah that is good, but you still have to risk damaging your equipment (even if you use your crappy equipment so you don't damage your main equipment). :rolleyes:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah that is good, but you still have to risk damaging your equipment (even if you use your crappy equipment so you don't damage your main equipment). :rolleyes:

That is why I use old craftsman riding mowers. If I break a spindle it cost me $11.66 and 15 mins to change it.
I take the 12.5 hp they come with and put a 22hp twin on it
Run my blade belt a inch shorter so no belt slip.

I should not get any more yards with tall grass I now sub out all foreclosed homes.
I am just started doing HUD homes did 11 today. Going to be looking to sub out most of them I don't want to do more than 50 a week myself.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Back in 2003 the Lovin Spoonful had a song that was titled (What A Day For A DayDream)

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
As old as you are you should know it came out in 1966 on the same album that You didn't have to be so nice. Was on.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
As old as you are you should know it came out in 1966 on the same album that You didn't have to be so nice. Was on.

Actually the comment was sarcasm but as always right over your head. Actually Daydream came out in 1966 it was there second album under the Budda Records label. What a day for a daydream came out in 2003 on the album Summer Vibes.