Cannot find oil drain plug

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I just have been doing it for many years and learned how to do it. Having the right size pan helps a lot. If you think about what you are doing you can do it too.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Why not just get a suction device to do the job. As a shop I got one those pneumatic oil extractors about 5 yrs ago. Things have been so much cleaner as no more dip pans to clean except when I have oil leaks.

I got it when I came across a one wheel MTD tiller and the only way was to turn the tiller on its nose to get the oil out. Now I do nearly all my oil changes using the extractor. I actually can more oil out with it then using the oil drains at times.

SamB

Threads
Why not just get a suction device to do the job. As a shop I got one those pneumatic oil extractors about 5 yrs ago. Things have been so much cleaner as no more dip pans to clean except when I have oil leaks.

I got it when I came across a one wheel MTD tiller and the only way was to turn the tiller on its nose to get the oil out. Now I do nearly all my oil changes using the extractor. I actually can more oil out with it then using the oil drains at times.
I have one of those ,also. I use it on my outboard motor. But for the mower's. the grease gun looking one is simpler and quicker. Just suck it up and the squirt it into the empty container.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I haven't pulled a drain plug in years. One of the best tools in the shop is the HF compressed air extractor. Probably overkill for a homeowner but i started out with one you hand pump that would work fine for them.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I haven't pulled a drain plug in years. One of the best tools in the shop is the HF compressed air extractor. Probably overkill for a homeowner but i started out with one you hand pump that would work fine for them.
Probably the same model here. That reminds me I need to empty it today as I got about 4 gallons in it now but may have enough room for a couple more quarts from the engine that I got to replace the drain valve on. Dang plastic Kawasaki valve leaking again.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Like the others, I use a pump
They are also goo for sucking the oil out of old filters and even sucking spills up off the floor so save a fortune in shop rags etc .
On top of that it eliminates the warranty claims from a drain plug leaking or falling out
And in my case as I have 3 pumps, the pump stays in the engine till fresh oil goes in averting that other silly & expensive mistake .

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dang plastic Kawasaki valve leaking again.
I know about that, I put a rubber cap on the nipple on mine, buying time (hopefully) till I do the oil again & add the OE Hose, that should have came on there..

My Air compressor is only one I use suction to do the oil change on.

And since it is only 22 oz, I just use a 5 oz syringe.