Can lawn mowers cause cancer?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nothing actually causes cancer.
Cancer is a natural occurrence .
I happens when the processes within your body designed to kill off & remove unwanted growth stop functioning.

It all comes down to your genes.
If this self clensing system is very strong in your body you will never circum to "Cancer"
If your self cleaning mechanism is compromised then something may trigger as abnormal growth of your own body cells leading to what we call cancer.

YOU CAN NOT CATCH CANCER
YOUR OWN BODY CAUSES CANCER.

Some external things may
1) compromise your bodes self cleaning mechanism to the extent it fails to funcion properly
2) trigger so many abnormal growths OF YOUR OWN BODY tissue that your self cleaning system can not cope.

Everything eat, drink put on your skin & even breath in triggers abnormal growths . Think of them like a pearl growing in an oyster.
However some things have been found to do this to a much higher degree than others and affect a larger number of people.
These we call castanogens and rightly so tried to reduce mass exposure to.

However as we get more & more advanced methods of medical research we find more and more potential castanoges and eventually everything will be found to be castanogenic so the legislators will decide that we must remove our brains at birth and connect them to a machine that is impervious to these castanogenic agents.

Seriously, if you are liable to develope cancer riggered by the exhaust from your lawn mower they you would be riddles with cancers triggered by the person who smokes 3 blocks away.

miatadude

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes it will cause cancer unless you drink at least 1 six pack of quality beer. Beer washes out all of the carcenogins.

rickpaulos

Threads
Don't let the EPA get a hold of this question. They will add about 5000 dollars for emissions to the cost of a mower.

Too late. Seen any new 2-cycle mowers for sale?

But yes, gasoline is the main culprit. Lots of nasty stuff that will absorb right through your skin and can be inhaled in to your lungs. So try not to get it on you, stand up wind when filling the tanks, etc.

I try to avoid getting motor oil on my hands. Something in it seems to get absorbed and goes straight to my teeth and gums. Feels like I'm chewing fine sand for a day afterwards.

rick

javjacob

Threads
Nothing actually causes cancer.
Cancer is a natural occurrence .
I happens when the processes within your body designed to kill off & remove unwanted growth stop functioning.

It all comes down to your genes.
If this self clensing system is very strong in your body you will never circum to "Cancer"
If your self cleaning mechanism is compromised then something may trigger as abnormal growth of your own body cells leading to what we call cancer.

YOU CAN NOT CATCH CANCER
YOUR OWN BODY CAUSES CANCER.

Some external things may
1) compromise your bodes self cleaning mechanism to the extent it fails to funcion properly
2) trigger so many abnormal growths OF YOUR OWN BODY tissue that your self cleaning system can not cope.

Everything eat, drink put on your skin & even breath in triggers abnormal growths . Think of them like a pearl growing in an oyster.
However some things have been found to do this to a much higher degree than others and affect a larger number of people.
These we call castanogens and rightly so tried to reduce mass exposure to.

However as we get more & more advanced methods of medical research we find more and more potential castanoges and eventually everything will be found to be castanogenic so the legislators will decide that we must remove our brains at birth and connect them to a machine that is impervious to these castanogenic agents.

Seriously, if you are liable to develope cancer riggered by the exhaust from your lawn mower they you would be riddles with cancers triggered by the person who smokes 3 blocks away.

Very well said. Liberals are just scared of everything. Scientists think they have a answer for everything and most the time they are wrong, then have to change the so called "facts" over and over. These people can't understand that nobody lives forever.
Global warming is the dumbest ideology ever though of. When the average temps are lower than normal they call it global cooling. So the earth is warming up or cooling down? Then they had to change it to climate change lol.
These frauds want you to believe that every day of every year should have the same temperature, like the average temp of that day is what is should be every day. Its normal to have occasional warm days in the winter and cool days in the summer but they want you to believe this just started after we started burning "fossil fuels".

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Very well said. Liberals are just scared of everything. Scientists think they have a answer for everything and most the time they are wrong, then have to change the so called "facts" over and over. These people can't understand that nobody lives forever.
Global warming is the dumbest ideology ever though of. When the average temps are lower than normal they call it global cooling. So the earth is warming up or cooling down? Then they had to change it to climate change lol.
These frauds want you to believe that every day of every year should have the same temperature, like the average temp of that day is what is should be every day. Its normal to have occasional warm days in the winter and cool days in the summer but they want you to believe this just started after we started burning "fossil fuels".

Well yes & no.
I have an open mind about global warming.
However as an ex foundry metallurgist with a lot of friends in the chemical industry I have no problems with stopping industry treating the air I breathe or the water I drink / swim in as a sewer.
Cleaning up industrial / commercial sources makes good sense, worring about mower emissions is an extrapolation into stupidity.
However Dow, Shell etc etc can put a lot of money into the "right pockets" you me can not.
Add ignorant regurgitators masquerading as journalists and you get the system we have now.
Lead is the perfect example.
You can eat metallic lead, goes in one end & comes out the other totally unaffected.
Lead oxides are totally different, they do get adsorbed & do temporary damage in adults and cause growth defects in children.
So banning lead fillers in paint was a good idea.
Banning lead bering solders is a bad idea.
banning lead flashing in buildings is gross stupidity
Banning lead in petrol was a smoke & mirror trick to force the customer to clean up rther than the companies to clean up.
And I used to do biological lead monitoring in our 2000 workers so I am not just parroting something that looked cool on face book.

However the idea of subjucating a population by keeping them in fear is the oldest trick of manupliation in the book.
From the anchient days when the "sun god" will take away the light if you don't do as I say right down to today when , you will all die if you dont buy / use this product or stop using that one.
Hitler took this to extremes by shifting all blame to the Jewish ( minority ) population.
Us politicians want you to be frightened of the Russians and now Chineese
Aust government having us in fear of the few thousand pennyless harmless refugees who arrive by boat

Drugs got banned because booze was made legal & the FBI had nothing to justify their existence
The list goes on & on & on.

cashman

Threads
Don't know about cancer, but they've caused a lot of burns, electrical shock, puncture and abrasive wounds, eye injury, back pain, mechanical frustration, and blisters on the rear to me over the years.

panabiker

Threads
99.6% of the people who died of cancer had eaten vegetables, but less than 30% of them were smokers. That's a very powerful statistic. :laughing:

Last edited:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
When mowing, I am more concerned with dust and fertilizer than the engine exhaust. Dirt type dust can cause silicosis, a type of lung cancer caused by the silicone in dirt.
I wear a dust mask with an exhaust valve, goggles, a hat and hearing protection.
The Red Cross will not accept my blood for donation as I have petroleum distillates in my bloodstream and undoubtedly many organs. Too many years of no protection as a mechanic. But I'm still trucking at 71 with a few aches and pains!!!