California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
( and other covert agencies ) have not noticed that the cold war was over decades ago .
Just keep telling yourself that. Only thing that has changed is the technology. The game is still the same.

Threads
  • / California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
No offense to Californians, but you elected the POS Governor you have and even had a chance to put a good person in recently, but NOOOOO.... if you want to salvage what's left of your state then GET RID OF DEMOCRATS, especially in government.

Lawn Addict
Threads
No offense to Californians, but you elected the POS Governor you have and even had a chance to put a good person in recently, but NOOOOO.... if you want to salvage what's left of your state then GET RID OF DEMOCRATS, especially in government.
Hard to put in a good one when it's all rigged..

Stokdgs

Threads
I used to love going out to California. I hauled thousands of loads of produce from Watsonville, Gilroy and many other places. From far west coast to the Bronx, Phili and Boston Market. Your high patrol, who worked the weigh stations and bug check stations acted like their tickets were their Christmas bonuses. When I'd bring in flavoring from the east coast or the midwest, too many times, they forced me to break the seal on my trailer, so they could look in and see the hazmat labels on the container. Which caused a FRIGGIN HUGE problem when I'd arrive at the shippers with a broken seal on a load of food grade chemicals. The DOT would reseal the load before I left. But the numbers on the BOL's didn't match the numbers on the original seal. Pain in the butt, revenue generators.
My biggest "you're a moron" ticket came from being 1 hole too far, on a 53' trailer that had less than 3,000lbs on it. I wasn't even close to being over weight. But because of the stupid length law, I ended up paying about $200 in fines. The DOT officer didn't seem to understand that the trailer isn't any longer, regardless of where the trailer axles were. And that the law was to help keep the heavy loads from weighing down both the truck and/or trailer axles.

Oh, and the Mexican ladies of California. OMG. Prettiest in the world.

PTmowerMech -------
I know exactly where you were ! The company I worked for shipped zillions of lbs of fruit and vegetables from Watsonville and Gilroy.. Gilroy may still be the lettuce capital of the world, I believe..
Watsonville had a lot of great Strawberries and Bartlett Pears we shipped from there.. I'v been there many times.

We employed truckers 24/7 to ship our growers produce all over the US, especially to the Hunts Point, New York Auction, which was the standard to set the prices of all this beautiful produce for the day, every day of the year..

I travelled the entire length of Hwy-99 North and South and then out to the East to see the Packing Houses Cold Storage Facilities where I had installed our own private Network equipment and trained the people how to use it, and then back to Sacramento to the Headquarters to make sure it stayed up and running 24/7..

I remember we used a LOT of Englund Trucks from that company and a few others but not very many..
They would all be Reefers and we would put a "Ryan Instruments" little computer in there, to measure the absolute temperature inside that reefer all the way to the destination..It had to get there at 34 degrees or there was going to be a problem..

Sorry the CHP and others out there were sometimes real idiots...

Once they tried to jack some trucking company because their cabs had tinted windows... :)
It went all the way up to the Supreme Court who ruled that the State cannot do anything to these trucker's tinted windows, trucks that will interfere with "Interstate Commerce", and they were right...

Years later, I used that exact court ruling to get out of a tinted window ticket I got from some idiot Sheriff trolling the road because he was just a big fat dork...
Hell, I was dressed in a Suit going to a Boy Scout Eagle Scout Awards Ceremony at Church... Big law breaker I was...

I'm glad you liked the hispanic ladies !!! I know, some of them are absolute knockouts !!! And they all know how to cook really well and take care of you, the kids and house.. :) And forever loyal.. :)

Stokdgs

Threads
No offense taken.. We, the normal people in CA did not elect this nephew of the even more evil Nancy Pelosi..
We, the normal here, got over 1 million signatures to recall this idiot and somehow he still kept the job..
People I know personally went to vote that day and were told " You have already voted"...
The kind of $$$ that goes around those parts must be amazing...Some people are so controlled by it..
I could care less about being rich with $$$
I want to be rich toward God..
Over 2,000 years ago the Savior talked about "the love of money is the root of all evil" and He was right..
Yes, we the normal people would love to get rid of these swamp rats.. It will happen someday for sure, but not sure when..

SamB

Threads
I have a 110v Craftsman chain saw I use once in a while for trimming small stuff, BUT if I want/need to get serious about something bigger than 4" I get out the 250cc saw that btw is GAS powered. If all I had was the 110v and a tree was across my service power line, well, the 110v wouldn't cut it!(sorry, couldn't resist it!)

Stokdgs

Threads
I have a 110v Craftsman chain saw I use once in a while for trimming small stuff, BUT if I want/need to get serious about something bigger than 4" I get out the 250cc saw that btw is GAS powered. If all I had was the 110v and a tree was across my service power line, well, the 110v wouldn't cut it!(sorry, couldn't resist it!)
Agree 100%.. Gas Powered chain saws = the only way to get the job done...
I have cut huge trees in the Tahoe National Forest for decades, that the loggers left for whatever reason..
No way any electrical thingy would even make it - and they probably only have a little 12 inch bar or something..
I have learned how to sharpen the chains myself and it is really good to be able to do that and have lots of spares with you when you go up Ice House Road off of Highway 50...
The Loggers version of "Chisel Chain" is absolutely brutal to wood and will cut it so fast, you really have to be aware of it and make sure that when the bar goes through so fast, it does not accidently nick your knee (2 foot long bar).. Ask me how I know.. :)

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Right before the ban takes effect they will probably put a $100 deposit on all lithium batteries to make sure you recycle them and then they will put a special green excise tax on them. I think i need to look into making counterfit black market OPE batteries now so i can be ready to make a fortune in the sunshine state in a few years. I can probably get plenty of startup capital from lunchbox Joe as long as i tell them it's for the new green deal.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
All I can say whose is ever is office is not the fault of voters but those that sit of their backsides and don't vote. They don't have the right to complain. There several customers that are bitching about who is in office both state and federal but never bother to vote. For one it was against his religion. I vote so I can have voice and the right to complain when an idiot or idiots does stupid stuff.

We all get screwed by all the politicians be it Republicians, Democrats, or Independents.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
untill you have compulsory voting you will always get the worst government that money can buy .
But in the eyes of the population making voting compulsory is an act of communism because it contravines your rights not to vote .
untill you have an independent electorial board that is untouchable by either party every election will be rigged .
There is a good reason why the quality of life & length of life in the USA is declining and has been doing so since 1980 and it has nothing to do with the hard work done by Joe Average.
Every one of those billionairs flying around in their private jets got there by putting your money in their pockets and usually giving next to nothing back.
But the culture that has been carefully constructed over decades by the wealthy elevating the "self made man" to the status of a GOD .
Perfect example is ex-president Trump, a man who accumulates more money is a day than the entire members on this list makes in a year but pays no tax on any of it is revered to the point of worship when in reality his assets should all be siezed to recover the money he has stolen from each & every one of you .