California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

BudLight

Threads
  • / California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
And just to get a couple more datas point out there….
1. In April the ninth court of appeals in Cali decided that the state law which prohibits non-union workers from working on TV and movie jobs in Cali also applies to trucking! “Owner Operators and other non-union truckers” are prohibited from operating in California. This involves thousands of truck drivers that used to help move freight in/out of the ports in Long Beach and LA.
2. According to the Epoch Times yesterday, the American Trucking Association is stating that nationally, up to 30% of truckers will be quitting their jobs if vaccines become mandatory.
That will certainly reduce air pollution! Instead of having 100 ships waiting off the coast of California, we’ll have 500 ships.

bkeller500

Threads
  • / California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
We import some goods direct from China. It comes in a container. The dock fee was $500 last year. Earlier this year it went up to a dock fee of $2500. Last month it rose to $25,000 dock fee. Yes $25,000. The value of the material $ 40,000. Yes the dock fee gets passed on to the consumer. We are in for some long term shortages and severe inflation. Get Ready.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cali is doing the same with trucks. You can’t use any freight hauling truck older than 2011 without extensive modifications. A sliding scale on age of trucks until 2035 when all diesel and gas trucks are completely banned, electric only. I’m not sure what the people in that state are going to do but I’m sure it will involve everyone else in the US providing some type of expensive bailout.

Cali is biting off more than they can chew. I don't think they'll ever go that far, without a means to do so. Their infrastructure would have to be like it is in the Minority Report. That's at least 50 years away. Or more.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Florida and Texas.......... We have the Ports open and the people to work those ports... it would take a week for those ships to get to florida, providing they make it through the panama canal.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't underestimate the stupidity of California and their ability enact economy crushing laws.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think California should ban ALL power generated by fossil fuel. Since hydroelectric accounts for something like 15% of their powe and the last nuclear plant at Diablo Canyon is in the process of being shut down about 80% comes from natural gas and coal. Any self respecting tree hugger state would refuse to use any power that is not "green" whatever the F that is supposed to be. I don't know how any proper virtue signalers could live with themselves using dirty fossil fuel powered energy.

Intermountain Power Plant is a large coal-fired power plant at Delta, Utah, USA. It has an installed capacity of 1,900 MW, is owned by the Intermountain Power Agency, and is operated by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power.

BudLight

Threads
Cali is biting off more than they can chew. I don't think they'll ever go that far, without a means to do so. Their infrastructure would have to be like it is in the Minority Report. That's at least 50 years away. Or more.
Those laws I referenced are already on the books.