California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

Stokdgs

Threads
  • / California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
They can ban the sale of them but for the time being not the use
So I could see good money in importing used petrol powered tools because it would be impossible to prove whaer they were originally bought from, provided they were a Cal compliant model in the first place.
Obviously all that pot smoking & sunshine has finally caused brains to evolve into muck
No, it's not pot smoking and sunshine... I met the absolute nicest, kindest, hardest working people that were called "Hippies" in the day, and they were not brain dead by any means..
Now to be sure, that was some 50+ years ago.... So, the people here today perhaps doing bad stuff are not even cut from that cloth... :)
It's just the idiotic Governor in name only that did this because his panties are in a bind...

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
Maybe we shouldn't knock this battery powered stuff too quickly. They may be a lot easier to work on than gas engines.

Just sayin.
Get ready to get out the laptop and diagnostics software. Briggs has a special cable to connect to their new power packs that interfaces with their EFI software. I think MTD also uses their EFI software to also connect to their battery powered riders.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Maybe we shouldn't knock this battery powered stuff too quickly. They may be a lot easier to work on than gas engines.

Just sayin.
I'll be less suspect when Fire departments start using them in crucial operations more ;)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wanna bet the ban goes hand in hand with Stanley-B & D setting up a battery plant in Cal .
If you look at it from an US & THEM point of view, all of the petrol powered stuff is made in THEM other states .
Compulsory voting at all levels of government has a lot going for it particularly when you look at the outcomes at all levels in the USA .
But the fore fathers got what they wanted and 200 years of brainwashing that making anything compulsory is the greatest sin that can be done against a person has led to a lot of the social problems that plague the USA today .
People who would happily wear face masks won't the second they become compulsory because it was made compulsory

Stokdgs

Threads
I'll be less suspect when Fire departments start using them in crucial operations more ;)
Wait ! Electricity and Water = not a good mix.. :) Fix the Seals ! Fix the Seals, Frank !!! Don't you go out there to fight that fire without them!!! :)

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wait ! Electricity and Water = not a good mix.. :) Fix the Seals ! Fix the Seals, Frank !!! Don't you go out there to fight that fire without them!!! :)

Gas and water ain't good either. Especially for carburetors.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get ready to get out the laptop and diagnostics software. Briggs has a special cable to connect to their new power packs that interfaces with their EFI software. I think MTD also uses their EFI software to also connect to their battery powered riders.

Ok, so the computer tells me what's wrong vs having to diagnose things that are still complicated to me. The time difference in replacing an electric motor vs a gas engine?
Time and money difference between changing a sensor vs clutch safety switch on a MTD rider.

it all boils down the time and money.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
@PTmowerMech The thing is as of right now even if you diagnose the issue you cannot do the repairs. The new Briggs power packs require the unit to be shipped back to Briggs for repairs if you get a hard fault code. A lot of companies don't want techs poking around with their battery systems due to possibly damaging the unit or being injured. So unless things change there may not be a lot of repairs we can make.