California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
Congress was designed to placate the South so the wealthy & entitled families would remain so.
It was directly copied from the British House of Lords
It was never intended to do anything for the general population and as far as I can see from here never has.
American politics will be a basket case until Congress is made to work as it should.
The system used here works relatively well but would be better if our upper house had a term or 3 times a rep with 1/3 voted for every election and no senator to server more than 2 consecutive terms
If you had a known 9 to 12 year tenure then you have the permenancy to allow you to go against the current trends and long enough not to have the party blackmail you with threatening not to endorse you at the next election.
You also need an independent ICAC to investigate publicly & openly political corruption . We have just lost our 4th Premier ( governor to you ) because of an ICAC investigation.
Our biggest problem is we don't have congressional term limits. (for representatives and senators)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
Or Supreme Court Judges..
Actually life time appointment of judges is a good thing because that allows them to make judgements that they know the government of the day will be very angry about .
The problem is how you appoint your judges
Down here a list is drawn up by the justice department and submitted to the government of the day who then either approve or reject the applicant based on a fixed set of criteria
And no judge can get to the supreme court if they have been a member of any political party.
This keeps politics & law at arms length from each other.
Our big problem is retired judges who want to sit on investigations of inquirery & commissions in retirement .
They get paid thousands a day and these can run for several years so become a cash cow.
The government of the day appoints the commissioners so most judges are weary of angering the government if they are money grubbers ( and most are )

2smoked

Threads
People use to head to California for warmer weather and the promise of a better life. Now I hear many are leaving and this will be another reason for more to leave. I feel like going into my garage and starting all my Lawn Boys in defiance of this stupid mandate. Will this include mopeds, scooters and motorcycles? The last time I was in California, I saw a lot of them there—and they were not battery powered. And yes—fire depts. carry and use a lot of equipment that is powered by small engines. As a retired firefighter from Wisconsin, gas powered equipment was crucial, especially in cold weather. Ok, done ranting.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
People use to head to California for warmer weather and the promise of a better life. Now I hear many are leaving and this will be another reason for more to leave. I feel like going into my garage and starting all my Lawn Boys in defiance of this stupid mandate. Will this include mopeds, scooters and motorcycles? The last time I was in California, I saw a lot of them there—and they were not battery powered. And yes—fire depts. carry and use a lot of equipment that is powered by small engines. As a retired firefighter from Wisconsin, gas powered equipment was crucial, especially in cold weather. Ok, done ranting.
Yep, every firefighting brush truck around here (pickups) either have a Honda or Vanguard running their pump.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
That sorta like those trying to blame our presidents for all the problems when he has 538 bosses in Congress that can't agree on a single thing most days. Heck they cant even get a budget done until the last minute and even then they are bickering over the details and block passage of the bills. Its something that must done every year. Most of them are just really old farts that simply don't care about us anymore except when comes to getting elected. Actually it looks like our country is coming to a stand still because of all the bickering.

You have heard of the term "A rolling stone gathers no moss." Well the Washington and State politicians are completely cover in moss lately. They are more worry whose a** to kiss then getting something beneficial done.

Honestly, it's not even up to the 538 people. It's the lobbyist that have them bought and paid for. Government is like calling FedEx support. You think you're calling someone that can actually find your package. But you're getting someone who's looking at the same screen you're looking at. Their typical response "I so sorry dat you having dis problem. Now let me ask you 20 questions to verify the person I'm talking to, so I can give you no information about the location of your package."

This is the function of committee's now. And why no amendments are allowed on the house/Senate floor any longer. Everything has to be approved in committee (back door to lobbyist approval).

I've spent a lot of time in California. My trucking terminal was out there. I've met some really cool people out there. And some real dipshts. Funny thing, the coolest people didn't vote. They didn't care. HA HA HA HA HA

gamma_ray

Threads
They have a problem even keeping the power flowing in California. I would suggest sheep or goats but, they will ban them based on farting.
It's hypocritical.

gsaunder

Forum Newbie
Threads
I live in California and work tirelessly to get rid of these worse-than-useless politicians. I can only assume that the same election corruption that landed Dementia Joe in the Whitehouse is at work, bigtime, in California.

loneryder

Threads
So I'm waiting to see a battery powered Z Turn. I see them running around with gas generators attached to keep them going. And where is Ca going to get the electricity to charge all this equipment? They don't have enough electricity now.

Kubotafan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I gather battery operated grass trimmers, chainsaws, etc... will have a boost in sales. I would like to now which battery operated tools will become more popular with professional lawn care business. I haven't had much success at finding reviews and comparisons between different makes. Any help would be appreciated.