Briggs and Stratton carb problem

no...dont play with the governor....i think you should get a good used carb....theres alot of corrosion on that...and its something deep inside....you gave it good go:frown:
 
ok here is a new twist to things. I had a another carb setting around that was basically the same( no adjustments,idle screws etc.) I put it on and have the same outcome 4-5 sec run time and then dies.If a play with the govenor linkage I can keep it running so I now am stronly leaning towards govenor adjustments. What do you guys think?
 
the carb....dont mess with the governor...in fact... disconnect the linkage...if you put resistance on it..you can break it
 
I had some luck playing with the choke on the carb, I could keep it running a few seconds longer than doing nothing. But I has the most success pumping the primer like it was starving for gas. The only thing I kept thinking its it was plugged...
 
Reddragon
I can keep the mower running by playing with the carb. I had the govenor linkage disconnected. I reconnected the linkage and tried and came back to the same problem 4-5 sec run time.
 
Hi
Still sounds like a dirty carb to me take it back off and take it to your local dealer and ask them to put it in their sonic cleaner, this will shift any dirt that has built up inside the drillings and bits of the carb that you cannot clean with an air line.
 
Is the governor trying to open the throttle? OR is it trying to Close it?... It is possible to hook it up back wards... :smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top