Big Box store Mowers

jbwillson

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is odd. Why would John Deere want their name on an inferior product?

I thought that is why companies had multiple brands.

I thought that John Deere might produce a cheaper product, with a different label on it...as to not tarnish the John Deere reputation!

You're assuming that Husqvarna is inferior. Maybe it's not.

Parkmower

Threads
You're assuming that Husqvarna is inferior. Maybe it's not.

Husqvarna is a superior brand compared to JD.
Both have low and high end units. But i'll take orange over green any day and most knowledgeable people would too.

jbwillson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Husqvarna is a superior brand compared to JD.
Both have low and high end units. But i'll take orange over green any day and most knowledgeable people would too.

If, in fact, JD 100 series mowers are manufactured by Husqvarna, then there's really no difference between them other than color and decals. But evidently green paint costs more than orange.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
If, in fact, JD 100 series mowers are manufactured by Husqvarna, then there's really no difference between them other than color and decals. But evidently green paint costs more than orange.

I believe the green paint costs more because john deere puts gold flake in it. :wink:

Blaine B.

Threads
This crap with the same company manufacturing different brand is very consuming. I assumed it was so that they wouldn't tarnish their original big brand with lower cost, cheaper stuff.

But in this case it's backwards?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Husqvarna is a superior brand compared to JD. Both have low and high end units. But i'll take orange over green any day and most knowledgeable people would too.

I agree husqvarna is on of the best riding mowers made.

I liked my cub but it can not keep up with the YTH2448

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
This crap with the same company manufacturing different brand is very consuming. I assumed it was so that they wouldn't tarnish their original big brand with lower cost, cheaper stuff.

But in this case it's backwards?

I don't think it has anything to do with tarnishing their original brand, it about the market and competition with other company's and sales. If you can't compete in the market you end up out of business, that's the reason you see one company buying out another so much.

Blaine B.

Threads
If company A buys out company B, why do they still keep the name for company B on some of their products?

If it was my company, I would want the name for company A on all of my products.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
If company A buys out company B, why do they still keep the name for company B on some of their products?

If it was my company, I would want the name for company A on all of my products.

Not if the name on company b has a loyal following and a good reputation. Plus most of the time the factories that have been manufacturing the products from company b continue to make the same product they have been making. Such is the case for snapper pro and ferris. Look at toro and exmark as well. Two brands same company.